Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

3.8

Lily of the Valley, Suede Notes, Bergamot, Ylang, Jasmine Maroc, Sandalwood, Orris, Amber, Vanilla, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Musk.

I love this scent! It's funny that so many describe it as old-lady, I don't get that at all, in fact I started wearing it in high school and no matter how much I try to branch out I gravitate back towards this. It seems to me that body chemistry makes a big difference for this one, because a co-worker wears it and on her it's more floral and not soft and slightly powdery like it is on me. The name is spot-on, it evokes slipping on a favorite comforting sweater on a chilly night... all cozy warmth. I just wish I could find something comparable but every time I search for something with similar notes, I end up hating it!

Elegant and classy, mature. Soft and feminine, sophisticated. This fragrance is powdery but pleasant. Doesn’t hold for very long. The bottle looks gorgeous on my dresser. I'm just finishing up a bottle I had for years and will not repurchase because I simply moved on to other fragrances.

on 2/15/2010 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A very elegant scent. It smells powdery, and I definitely get the "mature baby powder" scent that others have mentioned. However, it is QUITE mature, not at all for the younger set. I don't wear it much, but I reach for it when I'm feeling retro-glamorous and then it's perfect.

on 1/27/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My mom got me a bottle of this for Christmas, because I put it on my wish list. What I got is what I remember from smelling it before - its pretty, classic scent - but like previous reviewers have mentioned, once it goes on, the scent becomes much different. I understand that perfumes have top notes, base notes, etc. But I prefer my perfume to still smell at least somewhat similar hours later to how it smells when it first goes on. Unfortunately, Cashmere Mist takes on a old, soapy kind of scent after a while (at least it does on me). I've been wearing it to work every day for about a month now, and I've had no compliments yet. I'll continue to wear this occasionally until I run out, but it's not something I'll buy (or ask for) again.

on 1/22/2010 3:53:00 AM

This perfume is very simple to my taste. All I get is sandalwood with some jasmine in it and no vanilla what so ever. Nothing special and don't know how it can be associated with wearing cashmere. But this is just my body chemistry.

on 1/19/2010 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I can't get enough of this fragrance!! It is sooo pretty! Like another reviewer said it smells like a mature baby powder. Very warm and girly....love it!!!!

on 1/7/2010 10:26:00 AM

This perfume smells really good in the bottle. Like a more mature baby powder, soft and sweet. But once it's sprayed it is a bit stronger and it made me snnze all day. I liked the smell but my allergies didn't. My sister has this now and she adore it. It's not a bad smell just isn't one that worked for me.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Cashmere Mist is my signature scent and I have been wearing it for over 15 years. This fragrance is one of the three scents that I wear, although I wear this scent 90% of the time. The funny thing is the people I know identify me with this fragrance, so much so, they have come back to me and said "we smelled someone else wearing your perfume" like this should be a personal affront to me which I find quite amusing to say the least. I absolutely adore this perfume's fragrance because it resembles the smell of baby powder - not the kind of baby powder that babies use or that I use on my body and for a variety of purposes - but a grown-up sexy woman's version of baby powder since this fragrance has a light, refreshing, musky, sensual scent which lingers but is not overpowering, and is long lasting.

My introduction to this lovely fragrance began when I was in college and I "borrowed" this perfume from my mother's stash every time I came home. I wore it everyday for months till finally my birthday rolled around (which is shortly before Christmas) and my mother gave me her near empty bottle and a brand new bottle of Cashmere Mist as a joint Birthday/Christmas present. Thus, began the tradition of my mother giving me a bottle of Cashmere Mist, my HG fragrance, for Christmas and 14 years later this is the one Christmas present I look forward to receiving and unwrapping. I ADORE THIS FRAGRANCE!!!

As I write this review, it is Christmas Eve 2009, and I just unwrapped a bottle of my HG scent, Cashmere Mist, and I am so grateful that my mother and/or friends always know exactly what to give me for Christmas. I wish all of you a blessed and safe holiday!

on 12/24/2009 2:55:00 PM

I adored this fragrance back when I was a teenager, because of its mysterious, unusual scent and intriguing name..

Now, I cannot understand how I managed to empty half the bottle back then. It seems way too overwhelming and smells a little too dusty and soapy for my liking. Still think it may smell sensual on someone else when it's subtle. After all it's not one of those fragrances that everyone's wearing.

on 12/21/2009 8:18:00 PM

first blast is warm and slightly creamy/woody/spicey, then it goes all sour sandalwood and turned milk with spices in an old musty parlor . No, no no no no no!

Popular Fragrances