October 20, 2014 | 1221 users online

Fragrances - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by bunnikins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This perfume is very simple to my taste. All I get is sandalwood with some jasmine in it and no vanilla what so ever. Nothing special and don't know how it can be associated with wearing cashmere. But this is just my body chemistry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't get enough of this fragrance!! It is sooo pretty! Like another reviewer said it smells like a mature baby powder. Very warm and girly....love it!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by aries1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This perfume smells really good in the bottle. Like a more mature baby powder, soft and sweet. But once it's sprayed it is a bit stronger and it made me snnze all day. I liked the smell but my allergies didn't. My sister has this now and she adore it. It's not a bad smell just isn't one that worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cashmere Mist is my signature scent and I have been wearing it for over 15 years. This fragrance is one of the three scents that I wear, although I wear this scent 90% of the time. The funny thing is the people I know identify me with this fragrance, so much so, they have come back to me and said "we smelled someone else wearing your perfume" like this should be a personal affront to me which I find quite amusing to say the least. I absolutely adore this perfume's fragrance because it resembles the smell of baby powder - not the kind of baby powder that babies use or that I use on my body and for a variety of purposes - but a grown-up sexy woman's version of baby powder since this fragrance has a light, refreshing, musky, sensual scent which lingers but is not overpowering, and is long lasting.

My introduction to this lovely fragrance began when I was in college and I "borrowed" this perfume from my mother's stash every time I came home. I wore it everyday for months till finally my birthday rolled around (which is shortly before Christmas) and my mother gave me her near empty bottle and a brand new bottle of Cashmere Mist as a joint Birthday/Christmas present. Thus, began the tradition of my mother giving me a bottle of Cashmere Mist, my HG fragrance, for Christmas and 14 years later this is the one Christmas present I look forward to receiving and unwrapping. I ADORE THIS FRAGRANCE!!!

As I write this review, it is Christmas Eve 2009, and I just unwrapped a bottle of my HG scent, Cashmere Mist, and I am so grateful that my mother and/or friends always know exactly what to give me for Christmas. I wish all of you a blessed and safe holiday!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I adored this fragrance back when I was a teenager, because of its mysterious, unusual scent and intriguing name..

Now, I cannot understand how I managed to empty half the bottle back then. It seems way too overwhelming and smells a little too dusty and soapy for my liking. Still think it may smell sensual on someone else when it's subtle. After all it's not one of those fragrances that everyone's wearing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by acentola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

first blast is warm and slightly creamy/woody/spicey, then it goes all sour sandalwood and turned milk with spices in an old musty parlor . No, no no no no no!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this reminds me of another boring Philosophy fragrance. i bought this and after one use gave it to my daughter.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by CathyEarnshaw2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh.....very generic, baby powder scent. Inoffensive but kind of bland. I like it but don't love it. It can be comforting. There is something in the topnotes that I don't care for....cucumber? melon?...but it fades away.

The bottle looks like a duck....horrid!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2009 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Boogerbrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I TOTALLY agree w/ 4mitchell, BELOW..lol, Baby powder with a hint of poo..I tried this a few years back and I just was stunned that I was constantly reminded of diapers when I wore it..My husband loved it, and just wearing it without closer inspection, it was fine, but I kept sniffing my wrists and thinking of diapers..I had a toddler at the time and kept thinking "maybe it's just me"...till I read the review below (thanks for that) I came here looking for a review on the LUXE version, I just purchased it online unsniffed :) I haven't gotten it yet...I am hoping when I recieve it that it has the scent my husband liked (he hates everything) but NONE of that diaper doodyness of the original version !

UPDATE:Just recieved LUXE version in the mail today. IT'S wonderful :) Wish I could describe the scent, its very complex, to me not floral but creamy and deep. It's a VERY SEXY scent. I hope my husband agrees :) It is nothing ALL like the original version IMO. The scent is very intense without being strong or overpowering. Doesn't have that powdery (baby poo) note to it that the original mist had. YAY !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by m4mitchell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this fragrance, but all I get is baby powder and diapers. I can also pick up a hint of wood which must be the sandalwood or cedarwood, but the predominant notes are still baby powder and a whiff of baby poo.

I've tested this in stores several times, and it just doesn't work with my chemistry.