September 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Smooth Down Butter Treat [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I bought this product with expectations for a hair deep treatment product. Perhaps my hair is too dry. I think its more like a good conditioner. Dont think i will purchase it again :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by 19rOcko89

I really liked it a lot, but my smooth hair only lasted for the day. I'm looking for something longer lasting! I can't really comment on the price or look cause I actually found it at a garage sale!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by sea209

Didn't moisturize or smooth....left my hair PARCHED and tangled yuck! thank god i only bought the trial size

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lena1two3

This product works wonders! I have the craziest hair ever, and nothing seems to work, but this stuff, makes a huge difference. When my hair dries, I just stick one or two dollops (not too much, but not too little either) and I leave it in for a while (longer than the directions say, like maybe 20 min.)...then I wash it out, let it dry again (it's a long process, but it works) and my hair is so much less poofy than it was, it's wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by tlw

Redken Butter Treat smells so good. Like honeysuckles. I think all the Smooth Down products smell like this. It is thick and works great with my dry, thick, wavy hair. I have so much ahir and could go through a bottle of this fast, but it is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by BellaNotte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only used this as a leave-in but nothing else leaves my hair so soft. The scent is good and a little goes a long way. For reference I have dry ethnic hair so I can use products that some feel are "heavy" or "coating".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this product. I hated the Heat Glide but I love this. My hair felt really good after using this. I concentrated it mostly on my ends, no where near my scalp (because of the chemicals) and loved the results. I will use this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 11:51:00 AM More reviews by cyncord4

I bought the trial size at Ulta because I'm always looking to try new products for my hair, but never again. My hair has been greasy and disgusting ever since I started using this product. I don't know If i'm not leaving it in for long enough or what, but I will be discontinuing using this product for the simple fact my hair is heavy and nasty after use. And even though its soft, its greasy soft! Definately no good.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by daniargie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg, i just tried this. Im IMPRESSED! I washed my hair with redken blonde glam shampoo, put this on as a mask, then left it for about 20 minutes, washed it out and then apply just a lil as a leave in. WOW! my hair is smooth, no frizz at all and soft! Totally great!!! I have very fine highlighted hair, thought it might be too heavy for my hair but no! Its great! Im happy with this!

Update: I find this really coating due to the wax in it. Its good as a "cosmetic" conditioner, but i dont think it does mosturize hair. It just makes it look good. I wont use this as a deep conditioner, as i dont think it works well for that. Still, i think its good if you wanna have a frizz free hair day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by mriabella

I'm addicted to this product. Last time the store was out so I bought a different deep conditioner. BIG MISTAKE. That only made me appreciate this product more. I have long wavy color treated thick hair. This REALLY conditions it and I get tons of complements on my hair because of it. Lately people have been commenting that my hair smells really good too. I think I'm just used to it. I use this as my normal conditioner since I don't wash my hair that frequently and really hydrated hair has always been my thing. After returning from the beach or swimming in the pool I'll leave it on overnight in order to restore my hair. I usually switch shampoos and conditioners but not anymore.