Nivea Tinted Moisturizer

3.0

Aqua, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Talc, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Methylpropanediol, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Cera Microcristallina, Stearyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Carbomer, Alumina, Simethicone, Paraffinum Liquidum, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Oleic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHT, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Parfum, CI 77891, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

on 9/10/2006 9:07:00 AM

Can't understand the bad reviews on this. Am sure the US version must be different to the European one.

This gives fabulous cover for a TM (it is more like a foundation really) but is quick and easy to apply. It does only come in two shades - Natural and Bronze, but the Natural is perfect for me.

Gives me a really even complexion with no cakeyness, just a glowy perfect look - probably thanks to the light refelecting pigments. So quick and easy to apply, and barely needs any powder. I've hardly had a spot since using this - maybe it's due to me not needing foundation any more. I always apply it on its own, it needs no additional moisturiser underneath.

My only gripe would be that the smell is a little strong and perfumed, but I can live with that, especially since it's so cheap! (£5.99).

Love it.

on 9/10/2006 3:12:00 AM

Come on girls, its not that bad. Goes on quite thin, evens out uneven texture and tone and left me with a rosy, natural glow (althogh this could be because of the pressure of rubbing it in). Looks less oily with powder.
This is my first tinted, so will probably fine better ones on the market, (was thnking of the Dove one, keep hearing about raves of that!) and am sorry to hear that people kept on breaking out. Oh, one complaint is that it emphasized dry flaky skin and kept clumping in my brows! Overall, its moderately good.

on 7/7/2006 7:22:00 AM

I bought this tinted moisturizer because my face has melasma & some blemishes so I was looking for something light (not foundation) that evened out my skin tone. I was a bit surprised at how thick it is and wears more like a foundation but that's fine with me.

It does actually even out the skin tone but you have to apply it on your neck as well so you don't have that dreaded distinction line between your face and neck. It is a bit difficult to apply because it's not creamy so I wind up irritating my skin temporarily.

I have very sensitive skin and am prone to break-outs but this tinted moisturizer doesn't hurt my skin at all. No pimples, no rashes.

The best part about this is that it does last the day and even if you splash water on your face it doesn't rub off which is great when at the gym.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got this a few days ago and I've used it for 2 days. One thing I noticed is the fair to light creme shade is not even fair but a lil dark for my NC30 skin (yellow southeast asian undertones). With the coverage, I guess it's good enough to cover some light marks and even out the skintone but then again I think it's too thick to be called a TM. AND after 2 days of using it I noticed 3 whiteheads and a little pimple on my right cheek. And I'm pretty sure this is the culprit! Argh. Still on the look for my HG TM :(

on 1/24/2006 9:31:00 AM

This is not a moisturizer, I don't know how they can possibly say it is. I applied my usual moisturzer first, waited for it to sink in, then applied this TM. Well what a disaster. This TM is extremely thick and doesn't spread nicely, it's very patchy/streaky. The more I tried to blend it the worse it got because it would just ball up and fall off my face. So I washed my face and started over, this time skipping my usual moisturizer, thinking maybe I had too much product on my face and that's why it was balling up. Of course this just made the TM dryer and streakier and revealed dry patches I wasn't even aware of! This gave me big orange streaks and dry skin, even on my oily Tzone.

on 1/7/2006 8:36:00 AM

i dont usually wear tinted moisturisers but wanted to give my skin a break without going barefaced!! because i always use nivea moisturisers i tried this moisturiser (in ireland) and oh my god wot a big mistake and waste of money!!
it was real thick and was very patchy! it also looked really fake kinda made my face look dirty! wont be buying this again!!

on 11/25/2005 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Is this foundation or just tinted moisturizer?! I'm quite confused :P It's too matte and thick for me. It made me look...uh...toasted. However, I give it two lippies, because it's moisturizing quality is not too bad.

on 11/15/2005 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

"Fair to Light" comes out of the tube strongly peach. The peach cast is definitely noticeable to me but probably not so much to others. Blends in like a moisturizer--creamy, no streaks. I would love it if the color match were better.

on 10/25/2005 10:31:00 AM

i have this tinted moisturizer (from germany!), and am now trying to figure out other ways of using it, as i don't want to use it on my face, anymore. at first, i really liked it. but after a while, i noticed, that it actually does look quite fake. also, it leaves a weird, uncomfortable film on my face, which gives me the impression that my skin can't breathe.

on 7/20/2005 8:28:00 AM

I didn't want to wear foundation, so I tried Nivea tinted moisturiser....
WHAT A BIG MISTAKE!!!
Made my skin breakout and clogged!!!!