April 20, 2014 | 887 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by harpiequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best for removing makeup. It takes off eye makeup completely! It moisturizes, but doesn't break me out, and a HUGE jar only costs three dollars.

It does take a little getting used to at first, becuse it's so thick and a touch greasy. Just don't use too much and it's awesome! It's made my skin look wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Carmyn515

I've been using this product for three days and I already see a nice improvement. My skin is deeply moisturized and I noticed how its very gentle on my sensitive eyes. I've been into retro products lately. I find them fascinating and I've noticed they seem to be work better than more modern products. I can't believe how cheap this product is and how well it.delivers. It feels nice to have my skin deeply moisturized. It feels silky soft. I'm 46 years old and find that this product is so gentle on my delicate skin. I hope to be a beautiful older woman, and believe that Jergens all purpose cold cream will help get me there! I believe that all women are beautiful and we should focus more on making our skin beautiful with minimal makeup, so as to shine through our makeup and not be covered by it. Ladies, wear less eyeshadow and mascara and watch your own lashes grow in long and beautiful. Wear only eyeliner, concealer, blush, powder and lipstick.( I don't believe in wearing eyeshadow or mascara everyday !) Allow your natural loveliness to radiate through your beautiful skin and smile. P.S. I read some reviews and noticed that some people tend to have their skin irritated and break out after using this product. I think its because you are trying to rub the product off with water. PLEASE USE A WARM WASHCLOTH OR BOUNTY PAPER TOWEL THAT HAS BEEN WARMED WITH WATER. Then gently pass the cloths over your face as to gently remove the product. Too much rubbing will cause irritations and break out.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kimmylou70

This has really improved my skin. I have winter dryness on my cheeks and my makeup would cake and flake there. I apply this before makeup and skin looks great. I also use to remove my makeup and it's really quick and easy. Works just as well as more expensive brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by tousledelegance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Cold cream really appeals to me as a fan of vintage beauty. I think there's some misunderstanding in modern society as to how it is/was typically used. My mother, who was a teen in the 1950's, recommended this method to me: Slather entire face, leave on 30 minutes, remove with a warm, damp washcloth. Ideally, there's no need to use another cleanser or moisturizer afterwards. We all have those times when our skin is oiler than others though and if you find that is an issue, I suggest removing your cold cream with Witch Hazel instead. One thing is for certain, cold cream is an absolute skin savior in Winter.

I too was initially apprehensive about putting a product containing oil on my face, but I researched a bit and found often some oils (i.e. olive and mineral) have been found to actually be good for clearing acne prone skin. That coupled with the idea that cold cream has fewer chemicals than the cleansers and moisturizers I would normally put on my face, I gave it a go and am so glad I did!

My skin looks a lot less red (though I was already using products for sensitive skin before this). It doesn't burn my eyes; it leaves my skin clean, silky smooth and the product last a long time. Honestly, this is the first moisturizer that doesn't cause my powder mineral foundation to look cakey; I used to have to forgo that step in my makeup routine and save it for nightime only. I use this cold cream to soften my feet as well; they absorb it very quickly.

I only hesitate to give it another star because I don't like to dip my fingers into products to apply them. (Namely because it can be hard on my acrylic nails over time.)

Thinking back to my Theatre days, I recall Jergens is what I used to remove pancake makeup and greasepaint. Some friends suggested Noxzema(sp) to me when I began shopping for cold creams again recently, but I had tried it before and didn't care for the cool, dried out feeling it gave my skin. While a lot of women seem to prefer Ponds cold cream most of all, I like Jergens best. The ingredients are virtually identical, however I suspect I was sensitive to the fragrance in Ponds, because Ponds caused a few blemishes and had more of a scent, whereas Jergens has not caused any break-outs thus far and it doesn't smell as perfumey as Ponds.
I usually purchase this at Walmart for $3.87, which is roughly a dollar cheaper than Ponds and it is a larger tub with cute retro ladies on it :)

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Caramelatte

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin. I use this to take off Revlon Colorstay. Works great! I follow-up with a salicylic acid apricot scrub, alcohol-free toner, and an oil-free moisturizer. (If skin is acting up I milk of magnesia on the t-zone works wonders!) This routine has been working great for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by sambug09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's works wonders as a make-up remover. and since i have extremely dry skin it's a great moisturizer for me as well. it's a must for all those who have dry skin. And the price is pretty affordable too. The only problem is you'll love so much that you'll finish the whole jar real quick. I know i would. I'll need one every month.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by CommerceCitySister

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great cleanser/makeup remover. It will take eye makeup right off. I smear it around my whole face, tissue it off, then use witch hazel to get rid of the slickness. I do this every night before bed. My skin tends to be dry so this leaves it soft and moisturized. No breakouts or oiliness. I also use it around my scalp when I color my hair to keep the color from running...way better than Vaseline! It also works well for razor burn/windburn/sunburn to add some moisture. A little of this goes a long way and the big jar lasts me the better part of a year.

Edit 9/28/11: I have also discovered, like other reviewers here, that this makes a fantastic base for liquid makeup. Just a little, though! It really is all-purpose...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by silvercar123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this product. I use it as a body cream, face cream and makeup remover. It does all three very well. A 15oz jar costs $3 so it's a great value. My skin is usually really dry and sensitive so this works great for me. I don't get any bad reactions and it keeps my skin moisturized all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by ripsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love using cold cream to remove my make up. I was tired of paying $8.00 for a small jar of pond's and spotted this huge jar for $3.99. I actually like this more than Pond's. It is lighter in texture than the Pond's and easier to remove, but still does a great job of removing my make up, even mascara. I remove my make up with this and follow with a gentle cleanser and after a week my skin is looking smoother and is softer. No breakouts either! A must try if you like cold cream.
And to the previous rude, ignorant reviewer. I am an older white woman.
*Update* I see the rude reviewer edited her review to take out her racist comments.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just so everyone knows. I was looking into trying this product, but I didn't, because one of the ingredients is Isopropyl Myristate!!!! Yuck! This product clogs pores like none other! I used another cream with this ingredient and I broke out in rash-like acne! Don't buy it! Don't waste your time!