October 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Cleansers - Jergens - All-Purpose Face Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by 131lindo

This stuff is awesome! The package and smell is very old-school, but it works like a dream for removing stubborn make-up and leaves my face super soft. I slather this stuff on and remove with a warm wash cloth.I have been using this for almost a year, along with Retin-A and my skin has never been better, I am 47 years old and people frequently comment on my wrinkle free skin. The cost is an added bonus. This is HG for me!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by givingintoautumn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS PRODUCT.
I had to go to the doctor after using Jergens face cream. This CR@P made my face break out in CONTACT DERMATITIS. I even tested the product on my hands for days before putting it on my face, but apparently it was no use. My skin can be a little sensitive to certain products, but I have NEVER had such a ridiculous reaction from cosmetics in my life. I'm guessing it's because of the formaldehyde in the formula. Yes, FORMALDEHYDE. Fortunately it seems lots of the reviewers here have had satisfactory results from using this, but I want to spread a word of advice: KNOW YOUR INGREDIENTS.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by zenofbeauty

I wanted to love cold cream. After reading the positive reviews of girls who swore by cleansing and moisturizing with cold cream, I decided to give it a try. My skin is slightly dry yet prone to clogged pores, so I figured a deep cleansing routine that also moisturized my face would be the perfect fit.

Immediately my face started to break out in certain areas, but I toughed it out, believing that my skin would eventually grow used to the cream. The color, tone and texture of the rest of the skin looked fabulous, and I was looking forward to the day when my skin tolerated the cream better.

I tried using it all manner of ways. Applied and then tissued off. 'Washing' with it and then using some as a moisturizer. Steaming it off with a hot washcloth. Steaming it off and then toning the skin. All failed. :(

When I used it as a moisturizer I noticed that my skin is incredibly dry in certain areas, like my cheekbones. The drying effect was awesome for eliminating pimples, but the fact that the cream caused the pimples in the first place kind of ruined it.

The final straw was the massive amount of whiteheads I ended up with all over my chin and cheeks. They are amazing. If I pinch any given area on my chin, ribbons of whitehead will come shooting out. It's terrible! I've researched and it seems that everyone else can use cold cream without growing a bumper crop of whiteheads, but that's not the case for me. These whiteheads were NOT there when I initially started cleansing with cold cream. Ironically, I'd love to have my old skin back, since my clogged pores were a lot fewer then.

My skin is now trying to recover, and I'm using tons of AHA to help speed up the process.

So this review is a warning to anyone else out there that might end up in the same boat as I did. I'm sure cold cream does work, but certainly not for everyone. Maybe I'm sensitive to mineral oil. Perhaps my skin just can't tolerate oil. I don't know.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by hoangkhanh

I bought this due to all the good reviews i've read about it on the internet. But unlike what I expected, it doesn't seem to be a very good product, at least, not to me.
It does take off all the makeup (which is what i bought this for) but it takes time. You have to apply it on, and wipe it off at least twice, to make sure all the makeup is gone. Not to mention is it wayyy to greasy (even for dry skin) and leaves an uncomfortable feeling on my face afterward, so i have to rinse my face with cleanser after using it and i'm afraid i would break myself out by rubbing my face too much with tissue and hand due to the long and painful process.
After a few days of using it I got some tiny pimples near my cheek bones, where ive never got pimple before. It could be because of the cream, so I won't use it again.
The package is not very sanity either.
Overall, not so bad, especially for $3, would be great for dry-skinned people and takes a while to get used to it. But not for me. I won't be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Like the previous reviewer, my skin is just too dry to use even cream cleansers on my skin, which is what I've been doing for the last 15 years. Recently, I found a jar of Ponds Dry Skin Cream that my grandma had given me and decided to use it as a cleanser, and it felt so wonderful, that I used it as a moisturizer afterwards. The relief my skin felt was amazing. I had also heard it being compared to this product. I have to say that this is more greasy and slightly more moisturizing, plus you get so much more product for the price. I don't think I can go back to normal cleansers after using a good cold cream like this. I almost feel like even though I have tried to take very good care of my skin, by not using a cold cream to cleanse, like I have unnecessarily stripped my skin. Oh well, I can only go foward and always have a jar of this in my bathroom, especially because the price is so fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I spent my 20s and 30s completely stripping my acne-prone skin before I learned (in my 40s) that gentle is best.

This cream is a staple in my bathroom. I love everything about it (except maybe that it's a bit unsanitary with its packaging). The smell is totally old-school but feels indulgent. It takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin glowing and slightly moisturized ... and it's cheap!!!! I think the recession forced a lot of folks to rethink shelling out 401K-style dollars on skin care. So glad I discovered this little gem.

For reference: DDD, NW50ish, combo, acne-prone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very dry skin and this is sent from God to me. I have always had problems with eye m/u remover irritating my eyes until I found this. It is super creamy and very good at removing m/u even waterproof mascara which I hardly use to wear prior to this due to how difficult it was to take off. When I'm rushing I wear a tad bit of this under my foundation to make into a tinted moisturizer. I wear this at night as a night cream sometimes too. This cream is amazing and feels so good. I will buy this again and recommend it to any skin type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a lover of vintage/retro beauty, and have used cold cream as a cleanser and makeup remover for years. Tired of paying $8 for a smaller tub of Pond's, I bought this at Wal-Mart for around $3. The packaging has a very 1970s feel to it. The cream itself is highly scented and pink. It works amazing for removing makeup, even stubborn eye makeup. I apply a layer to my face, tissue off, then apply a second layer and let it sit for a minute, and tissue off. Then I finish with toner, and my face is left totally clean and refreshed. I don't use it for anything other than makeup removal, but I have had zero issues with breakouts and my skin looks and feels great. For the price, this can't be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by dollxdaisy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this stuff. I purchased it at walmart for around 3 bucks, and that's a very low price considering how much product you get. I enjoy looking the packaging style , but hate the actual packaging itself. Its a twist of top and you have to dig your fingers in it; so I always make sure I have squiky clean hands before dealing with it. To me, it smells like baby lotion. The product itself is pink:D! It is VERY greasy and takes like an hour to seep into your skin completely. So, for that reason, I use it as a night cream. I slather some all over my face and neck. It hydrates my skin so wonderfully and when I wake up the only "greasy" area is on the sides of my nose. I also use this during the day, but I don't use as much as I do at night, and when I'm about to start my makeup (15 min. or so after applying) I use a baby washcloth (gentle washcloth!) to clear it from the surface of my face. I still feel a little moiusture even after that. I have oily skin, so I can't use this as a daily moisturizer and not wipe off. Using this product day and night for a month now, I have not gotten any crazy breakouts except for the usual once a month blemishes. The one thing I really dislike about the lotion is that it clogs my pores a little, but I started to exfoliate about 3 times a week so that problem is pretty much gone. My skin has become so much softer and smooth! No wonder my grandma and grandpa had such nice skin ;) ! I remember them using this stuff too. Ohh! And the make-up removing part! This stuff takes of pretty much anything, including waterproof mascara.
*update*
i think this did clog my pores, so i stopped using it as a night cream (i use sesame oil now). this stuff still works amazingly well to Remove foundation, lipstick, mascara.. pretty much every trace of make-up on your face. when i do this, i wash my face after, so as a make-up remover i doubt this will clog your pores. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Hhall2079

My Mother has this. And she enjoys it, but since they test on animals I be searing her clear of this tub. Besides she likes Avon's Nurtura better and they don't test on animals.