April 18, 2014 | 1517 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Cinnamon Buns 3-in-1

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2008 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this two years ago and I still have a full bottle. Not because I don't like it, I'm just trying to savor it because I don't see myself spending $16 on body wash anytime soon. Also, I only use it in the winter time, to give me that warm feeling. I love this stuff! When I bought it at Sephora, I was splurging, but those days are gone. I later bought the accompanying body cream, to make the scent last a bit longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by frauschnitzel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this as a particularly decadent indulgence - I wouldn't usually spend this much on a body wash, but I have a particular weakness for cinnamon. I used to use Lush's chai shower gel, which has sadly been discontinued, so this seemed like a promising if pricier substitute.
The lather is lovely and creamy, and a real pleasure to use. It's not at all drying or abrasive. Being hyper-sensitive, my skin has a tendency to go berserk spontaneously, and this doesn't seem to do anything nasty, though I wouldn't use it during a particularly Angry Skin Episode (TM).
I didn't try it as a shampoo because my red-tinted, ultra-thick, curly, dry hair seems to demand crazily expensive salon products, but it did work nicely as a bubble bath and a shaving cream.
The scent is a soft, warm, sweet cinnamon (slightly buttery, very creamy and foodie) rather than a spicy one (a la Lush's chai). But whilst it's an olfactory delight in the shower, the fragrance doesn't seem to linger for very long afterwards. I'm thinking of getting the matching body souffle, so perhaps the layering factor would prolong the yummy smell.
I'd buy this again if I could source a cheaper outlet. Strawberrynet, my usual source for heavily reduced loot, doesn't seem to stock it, so I might reserve a further purchase for (another) particularly decadent indulgence. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2008 2:28:00 AM More reviews by wordsandnumbers

This smells like the real deal. I love using it and wishing I had a real, warm cinnamon roll awaiting me after I leave the shower!

I like the fact that the 3 in one cleansers do not leave a scent on my body as I would rather not smell like a cinnamon roll all day. Just for the time I have in the shower, that works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by keititatsudoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells so real, I adore it. It has a beautiful lather and as I remember correctly it made my hair nice and soft. As others have said, it takes too much to do a bubble bath, but I like to savor the smell on a loofah anyway.
Unfortunatly I left my half full bottle in a hotel room. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by sofabean

This is definitely one of my favorites. All philosophy scents aren't meant to "linger" after a shower, but I find that the scent of this one stays on *slightly* longer than the other e in 1s. You can definitely smell the cinnamon in this gel and it smells great especially first thing in the morning. I wouldn't recommend it as a shampoo though because it really dried out my hair... and if I used conditioner after I used it as a shampoo, the smell would be gone from my hair anyway... So this is only good as a shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by PinkPorcupette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a yummy body wash! The smell is like REAL cinnamon buns, not cheap mass-produced ones out of a cellophane package, but big fat buttery ones with extra cinnamon, made by a sweet old grandmotherly-type.
I don't know where the reviewer who said it was too expensive at $30 to buy again got theirs- I've never paid more than $17 at most. Under $20, it is well worth the price. It is so smooth and silky, and the scent is sooooo good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my all time favorite body wash and it totally smells like yummy cinnamon buns.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because of the smell. I find it really dries out my skin, scalp, hair and doesn't smell as nice as the cake batter IMO. To me, it smells like cinnamon, not like cinnamon buns.

For $30.00 I won't be buying this again. Too expensive for what it's actually worth and there are nicer smelling products out there that do linger after showering.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2008 4:52:00 AM More reviews by KerissaMarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aww, even my butch boyfriend secretly loves this stuff. This is the very first Philosophy product I've tried, and I think it's wonderful. We alternate it in the shower with other random shower gels, to extend the life because it's so much more expensive and we want it to last.

This smells less like the actual cinnamon bun dough itself, and more like what the icing on top would smell like after you scrape it off (sugary sweet with some cinnamon spice remnants). So edible and mouth watering, it makes showering a heavenly activity for people with major sweet-tooths.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

If your a sugar junkie you'll be in love with this stuff (me of course). It smells SO sweet you'll feel like your in a bakery while in your shower! I got this in the Ultimate Diet Kit for Christmas, along with the Cinnamon Buns lip gloss and shimmer body lotion, but this 3-1 wash is my favorite. I use it as a daily shower gel and absolutely love it. It lathers and rinses really well, unfortunately the smell will not stay too long afterwards. Otherwise it's such a yummy-smelling body wash!!!