April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by hollyglightly

I used to be a barista in a coffee shop and was constantly washing my hands and doing dishes with harsh detergents. The smell is god auwful after a while (think artificially flavored banana runts nastiness) but this really helped repair them. I couldn't justify putting it on as often as I would have liked to keep the dryness at bay while I was working because it took so freakin' long to sink in, so now I use it as a sock foot overnight treatment thingy and it really works wonders... they should change it to a foot cream and I would repurchase it, but it is entirely too emollient as a hang cream unless you have a half hour to not use your hands while it works it's magic.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by hether2783

I'm not impressed with the texture-- it's really greasy. I like the smell, but you have to really like bananas. It pretty much smells like a jar of banana pudding.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 2:48:00 AM More reviews by kamo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

to be honest i hate this as a hand cream (i can't stand the feeling of any thick creams with oils on my hands) but i absolutely LOVE it as an all-purpose balm. i've put it on dry skin patches on my arms and legs, and post-pimple marks, which it soothes amazingly (and i swear gets rid of redness). i also love the feeling of it as a lip balm, before i go to bed. i think of it as a better for you, petroleum-free version of vaseline.

i'm so-so on the smell - i'm weird about bananas though. sometimes i crave them and sometimes i think they're disgusting. i usually open the jar and think "ick," then rub some on and realize it's not that bad.

i love the cream but not for it's intended use, which i've found is true for many burt's bees products. if you don't like it as one thing, try it elsewhere on your body! since the ingredients are natural (and mostly very similar between products) you can't really go wrong with a little experimentation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 9:02:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I don;t think this is a bad product but i do agree the scent is lovely on application but not so great after a few minutes. It has a good softening effect but i much prefer the almond milk creme.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by GTgirl

it smells good when you first apply it but after awhile it stinks. I cant explain the scent but i was not thrilled. Im mad i wasted my $9 or however much they robbed me for when i purchased this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Burt's Bees and this is not an awful product but I would say it's one of my least favs from this line. The texture is a bit too greasy for my liking although it does sink in within 10 minutes or so. The banana scent got a bit cloying for me and the product didn't really work miracles. Darn you Jean Godfrey for making me want to try every product you rave about!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by xzkiskazx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great hand repair cream. After washing dishes, cleaning something in the house or when i go out in the cold my hands get so dry, but when it put this on it feels like a fresh drink for my skin, i usually use it at night so while i sleep it will slowly absorb since its greasy and thick but the next morning my hands are extremelly smooth and alive! meaning being the winter right now i don't have to apply the whole day since overnight it absorbed, and even after i clean something my hands are still nice! i hate using hand creams where you apply it, absorbs quickly and then you go on with your business, and after an hour or so they dry out again and you have to reapply! not with this one guys! you can even skip a day and your hands will still be as smooth as a rose petal.
Results and health guys!! it's all about the results and health. Beauty products are like food. Natural foods that smell bad and do not taste good are the best for your health, and thats the reason i love burt's bees, its natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of those love-it-or-hate-it products. I bought this hand cream at Whole Foods because I liked the smell, and I wanted something thick for the winter months. After a few tries I think it's best for use at night, or immediately after you wash your hands--it seems to go on better when your skin is damp, and you also don't have to use as much (and it won't feel as greasy).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I like the smell... and that's about it. Just like all the other Burt's Bees products, this is very waxy/greasy and doesn't really sink into skin that well. I like to be able to apply hand lotion and then go ahead and do something, but how can I when my hands are too greasy to touch anything?!
I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 8:06:00 AM More reviews by tmilstein

I'm not a big fan of this, though I like many other products from Burt's Bees. First of all, this doesn't have any banana in it. Why they chose the scent without the ingredient is beyond me. Second of all, it is a little too greasy for me. Third of all, it smells like the banana runts candy. For a company that prides itself on being natural, I don't know why they gave it a name and a scent that has nothing to do with the product. The ingredients list offers other scent alternatives.