July 25, 2014 | 1949 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Color

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by LittleMissVain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, so when I first saw one of these I was in love! The packaging was so classy, and the colours totally cute, so I immediately bought one in "Miami", which is a peachey/coral colour and one in "fire", which is red with a slight golden sheen. I love how they have that extra cap on top, and the ribbed one screw off really well, never ever got glued on to the bottle. And boy, did it go on well! The brush was perfect and it dispensed just the right amount of polish for the perfect layer.

So the question is: why did I give it 3 out of 5? Because IT DIDN'T STAY!!! I don't know why some people say this is very lasting. It hardly even lasted a day. Next evening the nails were all chapped at the ends. So, no matter how nice the colours and the quality of the product is, zero staying power is just a no-no gor me. I mean, I buy a nail polish to wear it, not to look at it standing around in a Chanel bottle. Besides, it vost's as much as 2 OPI's who have a bigger colour variety and much better staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by bangton

Fabulous product! If you want nail polish that lasts - boy have you found it! I painted my toenails last week and it is still perfectly in place. I used organza and I love it! Its a funky pink that looks gorgeous on. I only knocked a point off as I found this darker colour slightly tricky to apply but then I am rubbish with nail polish in general! A lighter colour would have been easy peasy me thinks! I will never buy another nail polish brand again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by miabo

The best of the bests! Sparkles like diamonds and lasts well: 3-4 days or so without chipping even without a top coat - and I'm really not that gentle with my nails, wash my hands every twenty minutes, open hard-to-open boxes with nails and so on..
I have Le Vernis in a variety of shades and most of them are excellent, one coat gives an even and opaque cover.
Packaging and brush are perfect as well. What I like most of all is that it doesn't have that terrible nail polish smell.
(Just a moderate horrible smell, haha.)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by grldogjeep

I've tried so hard to love my Chanel polishes, but I've learned to only buy them if I absolutely cannot find another to match my lipstick. I just did my nails last night, and getting dressed this morning I chipped one, bummer! Not worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Snapilica

Heard good things about chanel nailpolish so decided to try it myself(I usually buy OPI or revlon) especially that the fall 07 collection has those gorgeous pink shades - I bought lily beige and magnolia rose.I love the colors, one is a light pinkish beige with slight silver shimmer and the other one is a soft baby pink with slight shimmer as well, and the stylish packiging.What i didn't like is that there were a bit streaky when applied and also the polish is thick.Chipped after 3-4 days.Quite dissapointed as I expected better quality from Chanel, especially given the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a ridiculous number of Chanel polishes--Precious, Electra,Le Perle, Diamond, Pink Mind, Beige Naturel, Flamme Rose, Ballerina, Bengal, Dream Gloss, Midnight Red, Image Rose, Boa. A few haven't worked as happily as I'd like, but for the most part, the consistency is fabulous and the wear is great--far beyond Essie, Opi, and all the other les expensive brands I've tried. This is pretty much what I wear, year in year out, with occasional forays into Rescue Beauty Lounge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are hit or miss for me. I prefer Shiseido to everything, Revlon nailpolish is too thick for me. Opi did not last very long on me either (strange). The latest I bought is shade French Manucure and boy it is streaky, but it does last really well on nails. I dont believe I am repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 8:43:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really don't have much of a problem with Chanel polishes aside from the almost outrageous prices they command at the counter, and moreso on eBay. With the right topcoat and basecoat, I find that these polishes wear just as well as an OPI does on my tips and toes. If you're finding that your manis and pedis aren't lasting long, try changing your basecoat, topcoat or both. One big reason I don't often buy Chanel is that the colors just aren't unusual enough to justify their high price tag. I love the OPI Prowide brush (and the cheaper pricetag doesn't hurt), so if I can find a similar color in OPI, I'll buy that instead of Chanel.

Three of my Chanel polishes are eight to ten years old already. They are a bit thin, requiring more like three coats instead of two, but they are very wearable and I still enjoy using them. I kept the bottles out of sunlight and away from extreme heat and cold, shaking them at least every six months, so they're almost exactly like they were when I bought them. Another polish is very new, and it does look better at three coats, too. So the colors I've bought tend to be on the more thin side, but I don't mind that extra coat of polish because I use a quick-dry topcoat anyway. Sheerness doesn't bother me. When I tried Madness, a color I didn't buy (but almost wish I had), it was amazingly thick and lovely, and one coat was almost all I needed. It applied like a dream, so not all Chanel polishes are thin.

Like 4annabananas, I love the decorative cap that comes off to reveal the actual nub you grasp to paint your nails. If you like that aspect of Chanel polishes, but not the price of them, check out NYC's polishes in Chanel-like bottles at the drugstore.

I will continue to buy Chanel polishes if I like their color. But I don't and won't go out of my way for a Chanel polish just because of the Chanel name. I rate them at a 3.5 lippies for quality, but a nice 4 lippies for some of the unusual and gorgeous colors they've been smart and brave enough to come out with- Vamp, Night Sky and Black Satin to name just a few.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by DCKathy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this was useless. It chips almost immediately and doesn't wear long. You would do better with stuff at the drug store. Sally Hanson wears better, and OPI is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2007 10:40:00 AM More reviews by liu79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am split with Chanel nail polishes. They come in fantastic shades (I am a long term wearer of Rouge Noir) but I find that it doesn't take long for them to chip. I have tried them with base and top coats but this makes little difference. However I will keep using them and will continuously touch my nails up!