April 24, 2014 | 2097 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Renergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by coco24

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. I've tried many foundations over the years but always come back to this. Covers beautifully giving a luminous flattering finish. I use one pump, dot on my face and then use a brush to stipple the foundation on. Being in OZ I use the Euro Porcelain 010 which is perfect for my skin tone and looks very natural. People quite frequently comment how nice my skin looks.

Only con is that it is very expensive here about AU$89 however it lasts a very long time without going off. Also having SPF is so important living in sunny OZ.

Will always use this so please Lancome don't discontinue!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Smallonion

I got a sample of this from the beauty counter. I tried it and thought it looked pretty good. I wore it to a party where I was going to see long time friends I hadn't seen in over a year. I got SO many compliments - on my skin, how young I looked, etc. My one friend even asked me point blank if I had work done! THis really does improve the complexion, and fill in pores and fine lines (I'm 38). That was last weekend. as soon as I can get to the dept store that carries it, I'm buying it!
The only way it could be improved is if it lasted longer, but with those results, I'm not complaining.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by curlygurl

My mom uses this daily and her skin looks great (she's 45). I didn't have my regular foundation one day while visiting, so I used this and it looks great on my skin too! (I'm 24). It doesn't accentuate or really settle into fine lines, and it gives a nice dewey glow. It's not that greasy, but I'll have to touch up with loose powder mid-day (but that's with any liquid or cream foundation for me). The coverage is sheer or medium if you really pack it on. I'd use it regularly if the coverage is better (I prefer full coverage). But it's very nice and gives a great natural look if you don't need a lot of coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

Just by reading the comments, I feel this product is probably more suited to more mature types. (I am 55) The SPF 20 is wonderful and the UVA protection is Titanium Dioxide, my preferred non-chemical sunscreen. However, unlike many products with that ingredient, this does not get that "whitish" cast.

I like the feel of this product once it is on-very light and natural. The finish is not matte; it leaves you with a nice dewy glow, but not greasy. For everyday use, I usually take one pump (more than enough for my whole face) and mix it with a touch of moisturizer, or maybe even some luminizing cream, depending on what mood I'm in. Then I apply with a damp Beauty Blender sponge (Sonia Kashuk has a dupe for much less), just pressing it into my skin for medium coverage. (I know this is not a Beauty Tools review, but the Beauty Blender sponge is a must for perfect application.) I finish with just a touch of pressed powder (L'Oreal True Match in N3) on my nose and forehead. I have gotten a lot of compliments on how nice my skin looks lately, and I think it's because the older you get, the less foundation you should put on.

The glass pump bottle is nice for home because it is sanitary and pretty. But it is not so nice when traveling because it is a glass bottle which is rather heavy and breakable.

It's a bit pricey ($40) but I have always splurged on foundation because it is important to have that flawless canvas to help all your other makeup look great. Also, I expect this bottle to last me awhile. Lancome has some good Gift with Purchase deals so you can try some of their other products.

Go to the dept. store and get matched and ask for a sample and wear it around for a week. I am a light to medium Asian, Lifting Porcelain 25 W, and this is pretty close to a perfect match. I have tried a lot of expensive foundations out there (Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Dior, Georgio Armani) and this beats them all.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 12:55:00 PM More reviews by KathyKB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried this in a swap and loved the luminous glow and even coverage it gave my 60ish skin. I'm fair with cool pink undertones and Porcelaine 40 is perfect for me. I have always taken good care of my skin so I have few wrinkles and look younger than my age. I use a tiny bit of translucent powder over it and it lasts all day. I have repurchased this after my swap bottle ran out-that's a miracle in itself!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by redandfuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this foundation when my skin looks terrible, which, fortunately, hasn't been too often as of late. Honestly it does camouflage imperfections but it's very heavy feeling on your skin. Does a great job of filling in pores, too. At the time of this review, I'm a few months shy of my 23rd birthday... and I can say that I think this would be better suited for more mature skin than mine. Once I run out I don't think I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference: dry, sensitive Rosacean skin. Cool- to neutral toned NW10. First of all: Lancome does offer some great foundations and my extremely sensitive skin is able to tolerate and even love some of them. Also they do offer some great shades for the fair skinned people amongst us. I got this foundation in the lightest US shade, #Lifting Porcelaine 10 (NC). The lightest Euro shade #Porcelaine Beige 010 is too dark for me so I was quite surprized to see there is a big difference between those two lightest shades. The US shade is a nearly perfect match; a slightly cooltoned, leaning towards neutral pale shade.
The texture is very liquidy and this foundation dries fast; you really have to work quickly blending it in. I apply a couple of tiny dots on one area and then blend in with a damp sponge. The coverage is quite full considering this is a liquid and not a cream foundation. Still the finish looks very natural; slightly dewy and glowy but not shimmery. I loved the way it felt (very lightweight and smooth) and looked! I also love the fact this foundation doesn't contain any fragrance as I am very sensitive to fragranced skincare & makeup products. Renergie Lift Makeup contains SPF20; both chemical and physical sunscreen filters. I prefer my foundations to be w/o SPF but it's just a minor complaint. My biggest problem with this foundation was the fact it dried out my skin, ending up looking flaky, chalky and showing any dry patches. It also irritated my skin; there are some potentially irritating ingredients in it like zea mays (corn) kernel extract, caffeine, denatured alcohol and bismuth. Too bad because I really wanted this foundation to work for me... It's just my skin doesn't tolerate those ingredients and also my skin is just too dry for this foundation. IMO it would be ok for normal to slightly dry skin. Otherwise great foundation, esp. for the very pale skinned gals looking for a fragrance-free foundation with medium-full coverage and a radiant looking finish. But try a sample first! Glass pump bottle 30ml/1Fl.OZ. $40.00 *PPP Foundations List in My Notepad*
Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5% and titanium dioxide 3.2%
Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, zea mays (corn) kernel extract, PEG-30 glyceryl stearate, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, ceramide 3, glycine soja (soybean) oil, carnauba wax, caffeine, cellulose gum, 2-oleamido-1,3 octadecanediol, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, alcohol denat., disodium stearoyl glutamate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, polycaprolactone, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, tocopherol. May contain: bismuth oxychloride, iron oxides.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Overall this is a good foundation, but not one of my favourites. The coverage is really really nice, but it dries a little too fast. I also don't like the heavy glass bottle - I'm always terrified I will drop it. I think I might be happier with this if it was a perfect match for me (it's not - it's my mom's and I use it whenever I don't have my own makeup with me). I'm still giving it a 4 because it looks flawless once applied.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hopflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this foundation before, but decided to change the shade; as the Porcelaine 40 began to look a bit grey on me. The SA agreed; she said it as a tendency to do that and personally did not like the shade on anyone. I went out of the shop with Porcelaine 20 which is a cool colour as well; but better suited to my skintone. Obviously no foundation can really lift the skin; but this does have a slightly tightening affect and it really does make the skin look even, smooth, less lined, and more luminous. I am very happy with this foundation and would recommend it for more mature ladies who want decent coverage without having it be too thick; or too greasy and cloying. There are a variety of shades that would suit anyone; and the formula is definitely for normal to dry complexions. It does not settle into lines or make the skin look oily or mask-like. It is a perfect fusion of colour and formula: no perfumes to irritate, has spf of 20, vitamin e to soothe and nurture the skin, and a lovely luminous finish makes this foundation perfect for me. Applied with fingers or sponge, it goes on beautifully and offers a medium coverage. At the end of the bottle, one can take off the cap and get to the last drops of this beautiful makeup.It is a pleasure to use. Highly recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy36

I didn't think I would ever switch from my beloved Merle Norman Lasting Foundation, but my girlfriend tried Lancome's Renergie Lift and it transformed her skin so much, I had to try. I wore it in Claire 20 which is a cool/neutral shade for my light skin. The lady at the counter gave me a sample which lasted more than a week. I top it with a tiny dust of mineral makeup finishing powder and my skin is almost flawless. I ordered it off ebay for 25.00 and I love it. It is worth a try for sure. I just hate the price which is 42.00 retail. One important note is that this foundation does darken after about twenty minutes, less on me. I kept that in mind when choosing my shade. Get a sampe first!