July 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I must be the only one who can't use this cleanser. I really like the "pure" idea behind it and it works perfectly with my Clarisonic Mia2. However, it didn't help my skin at all. I tried using it for a couple days more than once, but each time I got cystic acne or large zits. That's not characteristic of my skin. I have breakouts, but they're usually not large, red, painful bumps under the skin that last for a couple weeks. There is still a spot healing from one of the breakouts a few weeks ago. After using this at night, the next morning my face would look kind of red or just generally uneven. It did clean off the makeup, oil, and dirt well. There is a strong smell with this stuff. It's like a lemony woodland, almost like a natural household cleaner. It was very distracting at first, but after a few tries I was used to it. Loved the way it made my skin feel afterwards and I didn't have to use as much moisturizer. I really wanted to love this stuff, but it just didn't fare well with my acne or complexion. I'm glad I only bought the small size from Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:01:00 AM More reviews by britbritmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for a few years now. On-and-off, unfortunately, but enough to give my opinion on it. This is one of, or maybe the only product that I use to cleanse my face that is amazing enough for my sensitive skin, but powerful enough to completely and utterly rid my face of all the last traces of makeup and dirt.

Usually, with any other product, it either took off makeup and dirt, but it was way too harsh, or it barely took off any makeup or dirt and felt as if my face was still dirty (maybe needed some harshness in the cleanser). But besides that, it's a great product. It's doesn't dry out your skin. I feel as if it adds moisture to my skin. Philosophy is just a great company all-together.

Purity is such a perfect name for it. I adore it. I will always purchase this. And if I ever find anything better, that is when I will be completely surprised.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After all of the great reviews, I really wanted to love this cleanser. I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and was on the lookout for a cleanser that wouldn't be too harsh on my skin. This cleanser was harsh on my skin in the sense that it left my face feeling completely stripped of everything to the point that it felt like a mask. After using this product, my face felt like it would shatter into pieces, like a dry, cracked desert landscape. Of course, because this dried my face out so much, it kicked my oil glands into overdrive, even though I used a moisturizer. So I went from having eggshell skin right after washing to an oil slick a couple of hours later. This product was very harsh on my skin, and I would not recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplove86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have already gone through a large bottle of this and I am working on my second one. This cleanser does a fantastic job at removing all my makeup, especially my eye makeup. I swear it does a better job than regular makeup removers. I wear eyeliner and a good amount of mascara and with just a few rubs, it's all gone. It also has a good consistency. I've tried others that are drying, but this one does not so it doesn't feel like I'm damaging my lashes. I use this in addition to other scrubs and cleansers so I'm not sure how effective it is in clearing acne etc, but overall it does a great job at cleaning the dirt and makeup and I would highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by futurestrength

Sephora has featured this in November for the past couple years as part of their Black Friday deals, where they sell a 8oz bottle for 12$. (Just a heads up to everyone).
This is a GREAT cleanser. I used to have cystic acne, and I'm at the point where my under the skin pimples are gone, but I still have some breakouts on the outside (which is MUCH more preferable). This is a great cleanser, very gentle but also makes my skin soft somehow. I will rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Ladydeemone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought a sample of this from Sephora and I have to say that it works fairly well. I wouldn't say its the best cleanser ever, in fact I think its pretty comparable to my usual cleanser Neutrogrena Naturals. It gently removes makeup and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight/stiff. I would purchase this cleanser again IF it was much cheaper. I just cannot justify the price. So I have been sticking with my Neutrongena Naturals that is only $10 instead of the $40 price tag of this cleanser. Don't waste your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I wanted to love this product because everyone was raving about it however I was thoroughly disappointed. I used it for almost six months and saw my skin get progressively worse. I paired it up with my clarisonic mia at night but started to develop small bumps in my eyebrow region that eventually became full-fledged acne. Still, I prevailed and experimented with other toners and moisturizers.. The results were frightening.

I agree this cleanser is simplistic and natural which is why it is appealing however I also don't generally wear makeup and was looking for a more high end product. It's very mild and the scent was not overpowering. I'll give it points for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Hautepants

This cleanser makes my face feel and look amazing! I seriously look younger after using this. The only thing I wish this cleanser was better at, is getting off all my makeup. I definitely have to use makeup remover with it. It's so worth it though, I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

Let me say I was a skeptic of high end facial cleansers. I was at ease with my Cere Ve foaming face wash. I was hesitant to buy this in the full size so I got the $10.00 bottle at Ulta. It seriously cleanses your face like none other. This cleanser left my skin smoothe like a baby's butt...like flakes I have had for years that appear in the winter on my face were gone in 2 days. The smell is pleasantly earthy and is addictive. It removes eye makeup and face makeup like a champ. I will be buying the larger size next time I go to Ulta. Great product and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by BenzaitenNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite cleanser EVER. I love how clean my skin feels. I went through a lot of cleansers trying to find the one. And this is it. Simple, clean and doesn't irratate the eyes.