July 26, 2014 | 1473 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Dedree

I rate like this:
Ingredients/animal-testing: If it doesn't contain parabens or perfume and isn't tested on animals it gets one lippie.
Packaging: Good packaging gives 1 lippie.
Quality: The quality of the product counts for 3 lippies.

Ingredients: It contains parabens (and as far as I remember perfume/essential oils - but I gave the product to my mom, so I can't check the label). So 0 lippies for that.
Packaging: I like the bottle with the pump, and it creates a nice foam. So 1 lippie for packaging.
Quality: The best thing about this product is the nice smell - love the smell! And the feeling of the foam right when I apply it. However it dries out my skin really bad, even my normally really oily nose (duh, that sounds disgusting..) went so dry that there was flakes all over it :S So 1 lippie for the first nice impression.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product! My acne was almost clear within a few weeks. Use this with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion for the best results! In my opinion, you have to be patient with this product. My acne started getting better within one week of usage, but got worse the second week, and then my acne almost disspeared completely in the third week. I like the foam becuase it feels great on your skin. The menthol and tea tree oils left my skin tingling and fresh after every usage! I find this to be refreshing and energizing every morning after I wake up. I am not a huge fan of the smell, but you'll get use to it after a short while. Using a face moisturizer will prevent your skin from getting dry. I love the packaging, as always. I definately recommend this and the whole tea tree line to anyone with acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lkk86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foaming cleanser was really refreshing, but super drying on my skin. I didn't see any significant changes to my blemishes and was really surprised by how drying it was. It was good at removing all traces of make-up though. I wouldn't purchase this cleanser again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have true combination, which I like to call "weather skin" because as soon as summer and winter hit, my skin changes drastically. Since it's summer, which means, oils, humidity, heat etc. my normal face routine is slightly off. I got this and my face is so much better. I use this after I take off my makeup (I don't use it everyday because I don't wear makeup everyday, plus it's strong) and I wake in the morning, and my skin isn't oily at all. For the winter time, this might be too drying for me though, but for the summer, it's great : )

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by poivre27

Pros:
- Great packaging with the pump. So easy to use and hygienic. You can also tell easily how much product you have left.
- Love the foam, it feels great on your skin.
- Smells nice.
Cons:
- WAY too drying and irritating. If you have acne, the point is not to clean your skin so much that it feels dry and/or itchy, because your skin will over-produce sebum and will in turn look more oily and can cause more acne.
- Didn't feel as "clean" as I had hoped. Would still find bits of makeup leftover when using toner.

Overall, not a good product unless you have extremely oily skin, or will only be using this a couple times per week. It's much too strong to use daily, or twice a day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first this product worked really well in cleansing and preventing out breaks. However over the months I've come to notice it stopped working for me and has made my skin very dry and red afterward. Clean but dry.
It comes in a neat bottle with a pump so the design is good and for the price I'd say it is a decent working product. However will not repurchase because I have very sensitive skin now and this is a bit too strong for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by ohpoodlesticks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly I was quite dissapointed in this product because usually i love all body shop products. but this didnt do anything to my skin. only when i first started using it, it did make my skin a bit clearer and softer but thats it. after that, nothing. and for the price, no way is it worth it.
better of getting a drugstore cleanser than this :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lamchop96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yeah ok will it did a good job getting rid of oil but it didn't reduce the apperence of my pimples. but i did like the tingly feeling after use the prodcut.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really dont like the smell... but what can i do; it is tea tree. The foam is nice, no question about that. However, doesn't treat my pimples or cloged pores. Removes my make-up pretty good but dies out my skin just that little bit. So.. overall impression? Average. Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by ladyrenegade96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser, it's really deep cleaning and great for acne. I use it with The Body Shop Facial Buffer, so I don't need an exfoliating scrub, and when used with The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Makeup Remover, you don't need to double cleanse.