October 25, 2014 | 1626 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by faithaymh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love foaming cleansers. My favorite thing about this product is that it removes every single bit of eye makeup which is incredible. I haven't had many break outs since using this product and I usually get one or two bad cystic acne a month. If this stops working for my face I will probably just buy it as an eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by cassigail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm curious to know if the people who are giving this product negative reviews are using a good moisturizer. I use either the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion or the Seaweed Matifying Lotion after using this and my skin feels great. I have mild acne and quite oily skin, but the Tea Tree line (used in conjunction with the Seaweed line) from The Body Shop really keep my oil in check. I have had no problems with my skin being dry whatsoever. In fact, I almost wish my skin would dry up a little bit because it is so oily. I have noticed a difference though. During the day, even if I'm hot, I don't have to use touch up powder as often. I definitely recommend this product, with the disclaimer that a good moisturizer needs to be used afterward.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

I first got into the tea tree line after someone suggested it for acne. Clean and Clear was the only thing I used before this and it was not doing anything so I thought I might as well give this a try, especially since tea tree is a natural active ingredient that seemed to have endless uses. Well, now I know that cleansers alone cannot get rid of acne so I don't have that expectation of this face wash. The anti-septic and drying properties of tea tree DO help to dry out and treat acne but there are endless causes for acne and the tea tree concentration and the formulation of the TBS tea tree products are not enough for anything other than mild acne.

That said, the line is great for oily skin and at least the tea tree in it adds some anti-bacterial properties.

The foam wash is simple and fast to use and I don't find it overly drying. Usually it also takes off most of the grime and makeup so I nothing appears on a cotton pad after toner(I use the Biore toner and it's pretty strong). Even if there are really dry or raw patches (peeling from BP treatments) on my skin it does not burn(the tea tree toner does burn though). I actually use it to wash makeup brushes once in a while, especially if there is particularly more makeup build up(from creams and liquids) because it gets the dirt right off and you can really see it come off in the foam.

The smell is not a problem for me at all, and does not linger. I actually prefer it over other fragranced cleansers.

For $12 though, it is more expensive than the average cleanser and I don't find the results and ingredients worth it. It does last a while though and I have bought it at regular price (TBS skincare is just average but not on sale they are just too expensive) when I ran out because I like it and why mess with something that works for you right? I do not use it consistantly though, mostly when I want to cleanse lightly to get rid of the oilies but I always have a bottle around.

I'm really wondering if the foam wash is just a watered down version (literally) of the regular cleanser though. Afterall it's not the formulation that makes it foam but the pump...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by xoPaperPlanes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

burned my face.
horribly.
i do not have sensitive skin.
when i used this my face was SO dry that i could not smile.
i wish i was exaggerating.
DO NOT BUY THIS.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Dedree

I rate like this:
Ingredients/animal-testing: If it doesn't contain parabens or perfume and isn't tested on animals it gets one lippie.
Packaging: Good packaging gives 1 lippie.
Quality: The quality of the product counts for 3 lippies.

Ingredients: It contains parabens (and as far as I remember perfume/essential oils - but I gave the product to my mom, so I can't check the label). So 0 lippies for that.
Packaging: I like the bottle with the pump, and it creates a nice foam. So 1 lippie for packaging.
Quality: The best thing about this product is the nice smell - love the smell! And the feeling of the foam right when I apply it. However it dries out my skin really bad, even my normally really oily nose (duh, that sounds disgusting..) went so dry that there was flakes all over it :S So 1 lippie for the first nice impression.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product! My acne was almost clear within a few weeks. Use this with The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion for the best results! In my opinion, you have to be patient with this product. My acne started getting better within one week of usage, but got worse the second week, and then my acne almost disspeared completely in the third week. I like the foam becuase it feels great on your skin. The menthol and tea tree oils left my skin tingling and fresh after every usage! I find this to be refreshing and energizing every morning after I wake up. I am not a huge fan of the smell, but you'll get use to it after a short while. Using a face moisturizer will prevent your skin from getting dry. I love the packaging, as always. I definately recommend this and the whole tea tree line to anyone with acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lkk86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This foaming cleanser was really refreshing, but super drying on my skin. I didn't see any significant changes to my blemishes and was really surprised by how drying it was. It was good at removing all traces of make-up though. I wouldn't purchase this cleanser again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have true combination, which I like to call "weather skin" because as soon as summer and winter hit, my skin changes drastically. Since it's summer, which means, oils, humidity, heat etc. my normal face routine is slightly off. I got this and my face is so much better. I use this after I take off my makeup (I don't use it everyday because I don't wear makeup everyday, plus it's strong) and I wake in the morning, and my skin isn't oily at all. For the winter time, this might be too drying for me though, but for the summer, it's great : )

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by poivre27

Pros:
- Great packaging with the pump. So easy to use and hygienic. You can also tell easily how much product you have left.
- Love the foam, it feels great on your skin.
- Smells nice.
Cons:
- WAY too drying and irritating. If you have acne, the point is not to clean your skin so much that it feels dry and/or itchy, because your skin will over-produce sebum and will in turn look more oily and can cause more acne.
- Didn't feel as "clean" as I had hoped. Would still find bits of makeup leftover when using toner.

Overall, not a good product unless you have extremely oily skin, or will only be using this a couple times per week. It's much too strong to use daily, or twice a day.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first this product worked really well in cleansing and preventing out breaks. However over the months I've come to notice it stopped working for me and has made my skin very dry and red afterward. Clean but dry.
It comes in a neat bottle with a pump so the design is good and for the price I'd say it is a decent working product. However will not repurchase because I have very sensitive skin now and this is a bit too strong for me.