April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by perklunk9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just can't understand why this product has so many bad reviews, I have dry hair down to my waist, and this shampoo/conditioner really worked for me. it's probably definatley not for shorter hair, because it would weigh it down a whole lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampo and conditioner is perfect for my thick,curly, kinky hair. It helps smooth it out beautifully when I blow it dry, and it looks very straight and healthy. I've had many compliments since using both.. However, I can see how it would be too much for people who have thinner and straighter hair, I use very little conditioner, like the amount of a dime, rub it on my hands and then my hair. That is more than enough. I will buy both the shampoo and conditioner again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by EmmaJohnson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay let me give you some background on myself. I have very long (down to the middle of my back) hair. It is light brown with natural red and blonde highlights, and I have never colored it in my life. It, however, is very "poofy". It isn't straight, and it isn't curly. It has a very slight wave to it, but it's just a frizz monster. My hair itself is dry, but my roots and scalp are both very oily. I absolutely hate it. One day I got my hair cut and my hair was so straight and silky so I asked the lady what shampoo she used. She told me paul mitchell smoothing super skinny shampoo. Of course, being the sucker that I am, I went and purchased the shampoo, the conditioner, and the serum. As soon as I got home I immediately hopped in the shower. This shampoo is absolutely horrible. I simply could not get it to lather. It's practically a liquid astringent! I couldn't work it through my hair either. After washing, I found a handful of my hair between my fingers. This stuff is drying and it RIPS your hair out. It left that squeaky, tight feeling you get when you overwash your hair. And I didn't even use that much product! After I got out of the shower, my hair was tangly, dry, and frizzier than before. I also noticed a few brand new split ends courtesy of Paul Mitchell himself. I couldn't get my wide-toothed comb through it, so I was forced to use a BRUSH even though everyone knows you're not supposed to brush your hair when it's wet. My brush was covered in snagged, tugged-out hair. I blow-dryed, and it took the same amount of time as it normally would. My hair was still frizzy. It wasn't smooth or silky, or straight for that matter. This stuff is also very expensive. My hair felt like straw and I just cannot even fathom how this stuff is endorsed by hairstylists. DO NOT buy this. It's just so horrible...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by alanafelicia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wrote a great review for this shampoo after tring it 1 time. i am now back after trying it a bunch of times and it is HORRIBLE. i totally changed my opinion on this one as it ended up making my hair dry dry dry and it had a greasy coating and film! what could be worse? i had bought a HUGE bottle of it and now i am going to toss it out. yuk.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sarahviolett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thanks Paul Mitchell, I now have straw as hair!
I purchased this last time I was at the salon, tried it, along with the conditioner and serum once, and will never touch it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

My HG Shampoo/Conditioner!

I have a lot of fine, long, straight hair that is prone to frizz.

The shampoo and conditioner both smell like apples.

I always use the shampoo and conditioner together, and find that, on the days I use them, my hair dries about 5 minutes faster than usual, using a hairdryer. If I let my hair air dry, it's less frizzy than normal, straighter with some frizzy body towards the ends of my hair. If I blowdry my hair straight, it becomes very manageable, shiny, little to no frizz (depending on the weather). I can also style it to have lots of shiny body using curlers - and get curly body instead of frizzy body.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

This is the worst shampoo ever. About four months ago I decided to try something new so I picked this up from CVS along with the Skinny Conditioner. Washed and dried my hair. Horrible. My hair felt like starchy like straw. Now I am blessed with good hair and it isn't processed, dyed, etc...This shampoo/cond thickened my hair to the point where I couldn't even run my fingers through it. Naturally after this awful experience I switched to Aveda, which is the best haircare ever. Stupidly I left this stuff in my shower rack and when my cousin came to visit she used it. Of course she had the same reaction to the shampoo and was extremely disappointed by the texture of her hair. Now it is in the back of my linen closet-it should be in the trash b.c I can't think of anyone who would like this. The good reviews on this product were shocking to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by obie1

Love this product. Hair feels really good and it does noticeably cut down on drying time. Definite HG

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by DT1Artgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping this would be smoothing but it actually made my hair harder to "control". It made my hair very dry and lifeless even after using the conditioner. The price was awesome since I got the 2 for $25 special but it just doesn't live up to the claims. Guess another hair product bites the dust.. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by lycn4717

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: if you're having a greasy/build up problem you may be using TOO much. Honestly only a the size of a QUARTER is the amount of shampoo you should use. maybe less for the conditioner. Use too much and you'll get that greasy feeling. It seems like its not enough but it is. Make it work!! I have Long hair and ALOT of it, and thats all I use. Its very concentrated which is awesome cuz 1 liter will last me well over a year. its a great investment!

I LOVE PM products.
I used to have crazy, tangled, frizzy DRY, Crispy hair, which I thought had no rescue. I couldnt' even run my hand thru my hair without it being stuck! Honestly!! a person walked by and accidently caught my hair and we were tangled together. It was so embarrassing!!!

But then I found PM products. They're amazing. I get compliments all the time, the salons always say, you're hair is so heathly!! (even though I bleach, color, highlight, almost every 3-4 months). Its smooth and soft. its amazing. I love all their products, I pretty much have the ENTIRE line of PM stuff. PM SAVED MY HAIR!!!

Price wise you can usually find sales at local beauty supply stores, they'll have the 2/$25 deal which is awesome (shampoo and condition for $25 - when original price is $20 each!!)

Now people with the build up problem.

YES it WILL happen, because the shampoo is meant to do that. To calm down the crazy Frizz.
You have to switch it up at least once a week by using a different shampoo, like the extra body, or the Shampoo one, (a really light shampoo) to get rid of the build up. But this holds true to ALLL shampoos and ALL products (cleansers, toners, you name it), You can't solely just use one product forever, you gotta switch it up sometimes, so give PM another go.. :)