December 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by sess42

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for about 6 months now but just starting using it the right wayfor my hair. I use to use it after my hair was blown dry but about a month ago I ran out of my other hair products & I've recently stopped blow drying my hair. I used this after I washed my hair & this product actually controlled my frizz; it doesn't do anything for my shine or make my hair smell nice but it really helps me out, since I flat iron my hair I try not to blow dry my hair & this product helps give me a smooth look with out my hair looking like a hair ball.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't see what was the big deal about this product. It is your typical greasy hair serum, but more expensive. The consistency is very runny - it's like squeezing pure oil onto your hands. If you look at the ingredients for this, it contians so many plant oils. I don't mind using hair products that contain minimal amounts of oil, but this one has 4 different plant oils listed as main ingredients. That's too much! I used this on both wet and dry hair, and didn't notice any improved shine or smoothing. This is way overpriced for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Jquinone

Honestly, this stuff is amazing. I use it every day before I dry my hair and then again before I straighten it . . . my hair comes out looking shiny and soft! Also, you can use a decent amount of this product without that greasy feeling (although you don't really need more than 2-4 pumps). After trying so many similar products that left me with so-so results (and a lot of grease), I have finally found my savior! I have thick, wavy, unruly hair, but I am sure this product would yield the same results with any hair type. I would 100% recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Love this. You can pretty much use this whenever, on dry or wet hair. I usually use this when my hair is almost dry/frizzy concentrating on outer layers and ends. It really helps. A little goes a long weigh and it never weighs my hair down. I have thick/ just below the shoulder length hair and about 4 to 5 pumps works well. It also smells really good but very light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

I got this last week after my stylist used it on me. It made my hair so soft and shiny that I had to ask her what it was. She pointed it out and I hesitated at the $23 or so price tag, but I got it anyway. I use this lovely serum before I dry my hair and again after I flat iron. I don't know if it's possible to use too much. It feels so light but packs quite a punch. Really smooths and shines my hair without being greasy whatsoever. I have super thick hair that falls just past my shoulders, and I use about 4 pumps on wet hair to blow dry, then 3 pumps after flat ironing to give shine and a little bit of definition. I love the smell too, which I normally don't with Aveda products. This one smells more clean and less herbally. If I ever use my bottle up, I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally curly (3A/B) hair that is fine, medium density, colored and chemically treated. I use this on damp hair before blow drying it straight and my hair comes out very soft. A few drops on dry hair and it makes a great finishing product imparting nice shine. It's a very light product and does not weigh down my hair. It is full of silicones (the first ingredient is cyclopentasiloxane - the toughest silicone to remove) if that matters to you but that makes it a great protectant for heat styling. I would repurchase even though my holy grail before blowdrying is still Kiehl's Heat Protective Silk Straightening Creme.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by idriveajeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very light finishing oil. Is absorbed by the hair leaving it looking healthy and shiny. Good for light, natural looking finish. Also helpful if applied right before using a straightening iron.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by AJC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not the greatest fan of the fragrance composition, but apart from that this is a great product! Protects my hair end from splitting and heat damage, smooths away flyaways, imparts great shine. So, I'll keep it stocked.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by caydensmama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great serum. It gives shine and smoothes, but isn't as heavy as some serums. It has a very lightweight feel to it, almost like you could layer it on and still it wouldn't build up. I love it before blowdrying or ironing, and I love adding a little more to a finished style for shine and to define layers. This is also the perfect serum to add shine to your hair on a second or third day of wear between washing, because it is so lightweight. Also it smells really great!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2007 8:21:00 AM More reviews by greep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I have mid length layered hair that tends to curl out at the ends on bad days (of which I have a lot), and this takes care of that. I like it best because it works on dry hair so if I am in a rush and need to go out witbout looking like a complete mess, I don't have to wet my hair to blow and restyle.