April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great fragrance, but let's keep in mind that Coco Chanel died 1971. Coco was created by Jacques Polge, and was launched in 1984. I doubt that Ms. Chanel ever actually met Polge or smelled Coco.

I think of this masterpiece as a special occasion, cold weather fragrance. I have to be in the mood for it, but when I am... it's BLISS.

It also has an amazingly long shelf life. Hubby bought me a HUGE bottle of EDP in 2002 or 2003. I've kept it in my dark, cool fragrance cupboard and it still looks and smells true today.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Reese325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Too sweet/syrup-y for me. I think it smells a bit old lady-ish too. Way too popular; I smell this everywhere I'll leave it to everyone else, thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not very good at describing notes, but even if I were, others on here have done an excellent job, so there is no need to repeat. Frankly, I can't see how this perfume gets such high ratings. As much as I tried to like this, I just could not. It smells of a pretentious old lady, someone too old fashioned to change things up. It's not offensive per se, (as Dior Addict was to me) but it's not anything exciting, alluring, or sexy. All I get is conservative, boring, traditional old lady, like something Queen Victoria would wear (((shudder))). Just my two cents.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Sal014

Warm, sophisticated and timeless - I love this fragrance. I was initially wary of Coco, because it reminded me of a headache inducing body spray a friend used to wear. However, I'm glad I gave Coco a chance and ordered a sample, because although the opening floral notes are similar, where the offending body spray turns into a powdery-smelling mess 15 minutes after spraying it, Coco develops on my skin into a warm, glowing fragrance that lingers for hours. Someone below made reference to a plummy, dried fruit sweetness, and I definitely get that when I smell Coco. My boyfriend also loves this fragrance. The first time I wore it, he complimented me on the way I smell, which I thought was a good testament to the staying power of the fragrance, as I had applied it a good 6 hours ago!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

bleh-old lady scent-got as a gift-gave it away. Personally don't like any of the Chanel scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kitty_von_clash

I got this for Christmas rather by accident, I asked my mom for Coco Mademoiselle which I've been wearing for the last couple of years - and which I got occasional compliments on but I think I liked it more than anyone else. My heart dropped when I saw the bottle come out of the box (should have realised it was the wrong box!) but after having painted the smile-of-bravery on my face for mom's benefit and reassuring myself I could sell it on ebay or something I had a squirt. My memories of this were as a mustier version of No 5, which I occasionally wear, but in the wearing it is warm and deep. Sophisticated but not alienating. You get kind of wrapped up in it. Others are right in saying that it's a serious scent - none of your Tommy Girl teeny-bopper here - but I don't think it's age which matters as much as the woman; if you have the confidence for it nobody will be able to forget the woman wearing Coco.

It's only been a day and I've already got more compliments on this than I ever did on Mademoiselle.

A very happy accident indeed.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

This smells like the late 80's to me, more specifically, Bloomingdales NY, late 80's. i worked a mu counter and thought this scent was tres chic cause I was a young thing, and it was at the time. I truly liked it a lot and could wear any perfume of the day as I had all those counters to sample for free. Not saying it still isn't chic, I think this is a very we;; done scent, smells sophisticated to this day. But have you ever had a time and place ruin a scent for you? The association is too strong, Fendi, and Obsession have been similarly ruined for same reason.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by xCocoChanelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My all time favourite perfume, ever! Such a classy, spicy, beautiful perfume. It's the kind of perfume where someone can walk past you and instantly you will recognise the smell. It's unlike any other.
Lasts all day, i can spray a little bit on in the morning and still smell it on my skin at the end of the day, and even the next morning.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a parfum which my boyfriend loved but I personally hated it. He bought it for me as a birthday present and I tried really hard to like it. However, it didnīt do. It reminds me of an old woman with a fur coat and pearls. Very decadent and old fashioned. It didnīt go with me at all. We were like oil and water, we couldnīt go well together. I finally gave it to my mum because I couldnīt stand it on me anymore. Moreover, if I notice someone is wearing it while Iīm in the tube or in the bus, I have to move because I feel sick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Coco is one of my favorite scents. It smells rich, warm, extravagant, and complex. It lasts and lasts. I have the EDT spray and one blast of that is more than enough for the entire day. In fact, I have to hold the bottle rather far away from my body or else I find it is simply too much. However, I love it. It is womanly, elegant, and brings to mind images of autumn nights with crackling fires and snifters of brandy in expensive drawing rooms. I always feel a little aristocratic when I wear Coco. :) I mostly use it in the colder months, because it just feels like a winter scent to me, and it is so strong. It really wears well when it's cooler outside. It is at its best right after Thanksgiving, when the temperatures drop to freezing and the holiday season begins. The scent is so spicy and rich that it truly brings the holidays to mind for me. However, I do want to spring for the lotion sometime for use in the warmer weather, because sometimes I just get a craving for Coco even when it is the middle of summer!

I gave the bottle design a 4 because it just blasts so much out. I wish it would spritz, rather than hose me with a blast of scent!

Other than that...Coco is in my fragrance wardrobe forever. I would go so far to say that it is my signature scent. I haven't found another that I like as much, even though I do wear other scents at other times of the year, as mentioned above. But nothing is as good as Coco!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No