September 30, 2014 | 1325 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by celegia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm Italian and in Italy girls like chanel products very much. I'm a massive buyer of chanel make up and fragrances and faithful for years to no. 5 and no. 19. Strangely i haven't smelled coco since two days ago, maybe not attracted to the name who sounded old to my ears. I was in a department store when a clerk sprayed it on my wrist. Such a big surprise! How good it smelled! It made me think about oriental velvet drapes and gold, sparkling silk. I felt like a byzantin princesse wearing it and after a disappointing test of cheap-fruity Coco Mademoiselle i bought the edt. that for me is lighter and right for italian warm spring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

At first I didnt like this on the top note but as it dried down I love it just love it A very pleasant oriental with a powder dry down yummy

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:28:00 PM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this Chanel perfume!! It is soft, feminine and perfect for winter. The scent makes you feel like you are wrapped in a warm cashmere blanket.. So delectable, divine and comforting...

But this fragrance is not for women younger than 21. Wear with confidence - its very overpowering. It will make people want to hug you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by ellacinders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear the EDT in very sparing amounts, otherwise it overwhelms. That said, this is one of my favorite scents ever ever ever. The sparkling peach at the start is stunner but as it dries down Coco becomes the softer fragrance I crave -- intoxicating, sweet, musky, and mysterious. A bit of spice and patchouli emerges eventually. Gorgeous.

Very expensive... luckily I got my bottle as a gift.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm currently on a Chanel binge, sampling them whenever I can as they're not easy found in my town. After the fond reviews here I tried Coco (Modern formulation, in EDT) and, wow. Where to start? It is so very different from my dear No. 5. The scent is mysterious, almost melancholic. I don't get sexy, or necessarily sophisticated, but the feel is like trying to remember a dream once one has awakened.
Like with most Chanel fragrances, I have a hard time easily classifying the notes. The opening is strong. I was shocked at how masculine it smelled, and my first thought was how very "Chanel" it was. My nose can always find rose, and I get fleeting glimpses of jasmine, but most of what I smell is a complex dried spice/incense. The drydown is quite nice, and it mellows considerably. It wears a bit closer to the skin than No. 5, and feels a bit more like an aura than a perfume. I really think I like this, but I'm terribly on the fence as to whether or not I'll wear this. I will update when I've tried the EDP. As of now I keep getting flashes of my female relatives, even though I doubt any have worn this. Perhaps it was just too popular during my early years, but the overall feel I get from this is one of ageless, nurturing, almost maternal femininity. Not so much "old lady", more like "mother" in the primal female archetypes of "maiden, mother, and crone." It would take a special woman to tame and own this scent. Chanel Coco doesn't need to proclaim her sexuality to the world. The woman who wears her knows who she is.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great fragrance, but let's keep in mind that Coco Chanel died 1971. Coco was created by Jacques Polge, and was launched in 1984. I doubt that Ms. Chanel ever actually met Polge or smelled Coco.

I think of this masterpiece as a special occasion, cold weather fragrance. I have to be in the mood for it, but when I am... it's BLISS.

It also has an amazingly long shelf life. Hubby bought me a HUGE bottle of EDP in 2002 or 2003. I've kept it in my dark, cool fragrance cupboard and it still looks and smells true today.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Reese325

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Too sweet/syrup-y for me. I think it smells a bit old lady-ish too. Way too popular; I smell this everywhere I'll leave it to everyone else, thank you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not very good at describing notes, but even if I were, others on here have done an excellent job, so there is no need to repeat. Frankly, I can't see how this perfume gets such high ratings. As much as I tried to like this, I just could not. It smells of a pretentious old lady, someone too old fashioned to change things up. It's not offensive per se, (as Dior Addict was to me) but it's not anything exciting, alluring, or sexy. All I get is conservative, boring, traditional old lady, like something Queen Victoria would wear (((shudder))). Just my two cents.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Sal014

Warm, sophisticated and timeless - I love this fragrance. I was initially wary of Coco, because it reminded me of a headache inducing body spray a friend used to wear. However, I'm glad I gave Coco a chance and ordered a sample, because although the opening floral notes are similar, where the offending body spray turns into a powdery-smelling mess 15 minutes after spraying it, Coco develops on my skin into a warm, glowing fragrance that lingers for hours. Someone below made reference to a plummy, dried fruit sweetness, and I definitely get that when I smell Coco. My boyfriend also loves this fragrance. The first time I wore it, he complimented me on the way I smell, which I thought was a good testament to the staying power of the fragrance, as I had applied it a good 6 hours ago!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

bleh-old lady scent-got as a gift-gave it away. Personally don't like any of the Chanel scents.