October 23, 2014 | 1054 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Xiaored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like a strong fragrance pretty much ever. This has been my go to for almost a year. I find that in the bottle it is not my favorite, but after it marries with my skin it is divine. It is pricey so I took off a lippie, but I am pretty sure this is going to be in my kit for life.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Firefly80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bottle is lovely and so is the scent after it settles on your skin. For me, the scent is too strong and cloying at first but the dry down is nice and soft. Would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by MyCuppaTea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a lovely scent, and most seem to love it, but I found it way, way too sweet. If the sweetness were toned down a bit, I would really enjoy this fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Mmmh I've almost forgot about this perfume.. I had it a few years ago, and I liked it very much! Really nice <3 Might buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Brit is probably my most go-to fragrance. I feel that as a fragrance it defines me. There are perfumes that I own that are just lovely, but I simply just can't pull off on a daily basis. Brit is not one of those fragrances.

I feel that this fragrance suits me quite perfectly. I think it is almost reminiscent to Organza Indecense by Givenchy without the strong woody quality Organza has. Though Organza has that sexy, deep, sultry quality. Brit is very spicy almost as it is sweet. She has all those traits Organza Indencense has, but simmered down which makes it more casual. The combination helps the perfume not to be too over-powering. I love that part of the notes in this perfume is pear. Also almonds. You rarely ever see these notes in a fragrance and they go very well with the vanilla.

I find this perfume very strong, if I spray it three times that's already to much. This is my boyfriends favorite scent, but if I spray more than twice his allergies go crazy. Which is odd because two spritzes is perfectly fine.

I find this fragrance too warm and cozy for the summer, as I have been wearing it a few times throughout these summer days, and I think I'm going to stop wearing it until winter. But I think wearing this during the summer nights is okay.

I don't know why people have no luck with the staying power with this one. To me this perfume last 6 to 12 hours. I stop smelling it after 4 hours, but I've been complimented on it after that time frame.

Defiantly HG worthy. And the bottle? Well, it's probably the prettiest bottle I own by far.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it! I got this for valentines day and my SO has good taste :) it smells wonderful, very very limy/citrusy. I like the fruitier scents so I like this a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brit, both women's and men's versions, is my favorite Burberry scent. I used to love the original Burberry years ago, but got too used to it, I guess, and it lost its magic. Tried all the others from this brand and didn't like any of them, just Brit. It's my comfort scent. If men's version makes me think of a dark blue/grey, soft, luxurious oversized cashmere sweater, wearing it while sitting in front of a fireplace at the beach house, on a cool overcast day, then women's makes me envision the same kind of sweater but in ivory/cream. Both are just so warm and comfy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

migraine induced. Reminds me of some chemical from cadaver lab during dissection. Too much alcohol. Migraine and nausea from the first squirt to half an hour into it. I just can't breathe . wash it off and symptoms subsided

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

What I would call a modern, updated oriental. There is a lot of spice, but there's some sweetness and a bit of vanilla that makes it smell delicious and not cloying like many of the classic orientals. It dries down to a beautiful woody scent. I would wear this in the edp for sure- if it wasn't so common. By far this is the best burberry fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

All right. I have arrived at fragrance HG heaven! At last. Upon reading the notes for the eau de parfum of Burberry Brit—Italian lime, icy pear, green almond, white peony, sugared almonds, amber, mahogany, vanilla, tonka bean—along with the rave reviews on MUA and Fragrantica, I had a feeling that I would love Brit, and I do! Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite desserts, lime and vanilla some of my favorite smells ever. Of course if something has both, I am all over it, like BBW’s Coconut Lime Verbena/Breeze. On me, Brit starts out as a sharp, crisp citrus scent; the lime is very prominent. Then the almonds and pear emerge. At the dry-down, I get a woody, ambery vanilla with a perfect mix of powdery white peony and gourmonde-like tonka bean. Eleven—yes, eleven!—hours later, I end up with this sweet and smoky incense, faintly citrus, on my skin. I am not sure from where that comes, but I am not complaining. Brit lasts for days on clothes, leaving behind a rich, smoky vanilla scent on your collar or sleeve.

Granted, Brit is a tad masculine and spicy, but it retains enough of its sweet, lighthearted lime-vanilla to remind you that you are a girl, who is a bit preppy but always fun-loving and classy, a scent good for work and play. You simply feel like a Tory lady capable of some mischief, and I love that!

Would I buy another bottle? Absolutely and hope that someone also may gift it to me for a graduation present. Brit is mostly likely going to become my signature because it keeps me alert and happy, two very good things for a future law student to have. Just try it even if you are not sure. You may be surprised, since it is not quite a true citrus nor a true gourmand but a well crafted fragrance that is at once light, fresh, warm, and sweet. Plus, it can be found at reasonable prices at online perfume outlets, though it is rather expensive at Sephora or Macy's.

Update: I recently received Burberry Brit as the eau de toilette, white plad on the packaging, which is different from the eau de parfum, red plad on the packaging, which I already own and enjoy, that I feel I should add this update to my review. In theory, the EDT features all the same notes as the EDP except for the vanilla. In actuality, when I spray this onto my neck, I smell mostly the Italian lime, icy pear, and green almond. There is little to no white peony, sugared almond, tonka bean, mahogany, nor amber. What you have is a fragrance in the aquatic and green families; forget about the sweet and woody oriental-gourmond qualities found in the EDP. I can understand how some compare the EDT of Brit to bug spray or chemical waste. Happily on my skin, this turns into citrus and fruits, with a trace of plastic. Almonds often lend scents a plastic-like smell to them; sample Blue Butterfly or Hypnotic Poison, which also contain an almond note. To tell the truth, I kind of like this plastic smell, reminds me of shopping at a department store, but if that is not your thing, then the EDT of Brit will not be too attractive to you, and the EDP is perhaps a better option. Though I like the EDT, I do not love it. I can and do appreciate its bright, watery, ozonic, and subtle texture, but its staying power of some 4 and a half hours on skin (6-9 on hair) is not great. Plus, I miss the parfum’s vanilla and amber, which allow you to wear Brit during the day and evening; I find that the EDT is good for only the day, especially in the spring and summer. If I could, I would give the EDT 3.5 lippies and the the EDP 5, making my overall rating somewhere in the middle ground of 4. The EDT is a little less expensive than the EDP, but the parfum is a superior fragrance all things considered.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No