April 18, 2014 | 1881 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Brit, both women's and men's versions, is my favorite Burberry scent. I used to love the original Burberry years ago, but got too used to it, I guess, and it lost its magic. Tried all the others from this brand and didn't like any of them, just Brit. It's my comfort scent. If men's version makes me think of a dark blue/grey, soft, luxurious oversized cashmere sweater, wearing it while sitting in front of a fireplace at the beach house, on a cool overcast day, then women's makes me envision the same kind of sweater but in ivory/cream. Both are just so warm and comfy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

migraine induced. Reminds me of some chemical from cadaver lab during dissection. Too much alcohol. Migraine and nausea from the first squirt to half an hour into it. I just can't breathe . wash it off and symptoms subsided

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

What I would call a modern, updated oriental. There is a lot of spice, but there's some sweetness and a bit of vanilla that makes it smell delicious and not cloying like many of the classic orientals. It dries down to a beautiful woody scent. I would wear this in the edp for sure- if it wasn't so common. By far this is the best burberry fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

All right. I have arrived at fragrance HG heaven! At last. Upon reading the notes for the eau de parfum of Burberry Brit—Italian lime, icy pear, green almond, white peony, sugared almonds, amber, mahogany, vanilla, tonka bean—along with the rave reviews on MUA and Fragrantica, I had a feeling that I would love Brit, and I do! Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite desserts, lime and vanilla some of my favorite smells ever. Of course if something has both, I am all over it, like BBW’s Coconut Lime Verbena/Breeze. On me, Brit starts out as a sharp, crisp citrus scent; the lime is very prominent. Then the almonds and pear emerge. At the dry-down, I get a woody, ambery vanilla with a perfect mix of powdery white peony and gourmonde-like tonka bean. Eleven—yes, eleven!—hours later, I end up with this sweet and smoky incense, faintly citrus, on my skin. I am not sure from where that comes, but I am not complaining. Brit lasts for days on clothes, leaving behind a rich, smoky vanilla scent on your collar or sleeve.

Granted, Brit is a tad masculine and spicy, but it retains enough of its sweet, lighthearted lime-vanilla to remind you that you are a girl, who is a bit preppy but always fun-loving and classy, a scent good for work and play. You simply feel like a Tory lady capable of some mischief, and I love that!

Would I buy another bottle? Absolutely and hope that someone also may gift it to me for a graduation present. Brit is mostly likely going to become my signature because it keeps me alert and happy, two very good things for a future law student to have. Just try it even if you are not sure. You may be surprised, since it is not quite a true citrus nor a true gourmand but a well crafted fragrance that is at once light, fresh, warm, and sweet. Plus, it can be found at reasonable prices at online perfume outlets, though it is rather expensive at Sephora or Macy's.

Update: I recently received Burberry Brit as the eau de toilette, white plad on the packaging, which is different from the eau de parfum, red plad on the packaging, which I already own and enjoy, that I feel I should add this update to my review. In theory, the EDT features all the same notes as the EDP except for the vanilla. In actuality, when I spray this onto my neck, I smell mostly the Italian lime, icy pear, and green almond. There is little to no white peony, sugared almond, tonka bean, mahogany, nor amber. What you have is a fragrance in the aquatic and green families; forget about the sweet and woody oriental-gourmond qualities found in the EDP. I can understand how some compare the EDT of Brit to bug spray or chemical waste. Happily on my skin, this turns into citrus and fruits, with a trace of plastic. Almonds often lend scents a plastic-like smell to them; sample Blue Butterfly or Hypnotic Poison, which also contain an almond note. To tell the truth, I kind of like this plastic smell, reminds me of shopping at a department store, but if that is not your thing, then the EDT of Brit will not be too attractive to you, and the EDP is perhaps a better option. Though I like the EDT, I do not love it. I can and do appreciate its bright, watery, ozonic, and subtle texture, but its staying power of some 4 and a half hours on skin (6-9 on hair) is not great. Plus, I miss the parfum’s vanilla and amber, which allow you to wear Brit during the day and evening; I find that the EDT is good for only the day, especially in the spring and summer. If I could, I would give the EDT 3.5 lippies and the the EDP 5, making my overall rating somewhere in the middle ground of 4. The EDT is a little less expensive than the EDP, but the parfum is a superior fragrance all things considered.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I love this perfume! It smells so feminine, soft, and sophisticated. This is definitely a warm scent, with notes of amber, vanilla, and some spices.
I bought the limited edition one, where the packaging is SOO BEAUTIFUL.
Classic perfume that I would use on nights out. It can be a little too much for everyday use, but if sprayed lightly it leaves you with a warm inviting smell. I would recommend this scent for women 20+ because as a teen, this may be a tad mature and womanly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by lenny14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PERFUME! I've been wanting it for a while now and when I saw that the 100mL EDT one was on sale at Priceline for $49 I decided to reward myself for .. all my hard work.. recently.. yeah.. :) ANYWAY it smells AMAZING! Definitely for winter; it's so warm and perfect :') DEFINITELY repurchase. Ahh but the cap is very sharp and could hurt. but other than that it's awesome

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this so much!! Lightly sweet, fresh, sexy, warm vanilla with hints of fruit and maybe some floral. It's hard to describe, you must smell for yourselves! It doesn't smell childish and it doesn't smell too mature. Its just the perfect scent! It's kind of pricey but worth it because the lasting power is excellent. Only 2-3 sprits can go a long way, and it's never overpowering. I always get compliments! So far, I have gone through 2 bottles, and will continue to buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by BerryObsession

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I asked for this for my birthday in August and my boyfriend got me the biggest bottle of the EDP. I knew I wanted a new fragrance to add to my collection and I smelled a lot but most were either too much like scents I already own, too sweet, or just not my taste. This however was just right for me. On me, it comes off as a very nice clean vanilla scent that has a nice warmth to it. It definitely lasts a long time on me and the bottle will last me for many years to come. I personally think this scent is better in the fall/winter months but it would be used in spring/summer as well but I normally wear more sweeter, fruiter scents in the warmer months. Overall I highly recommend this perfume and it is definitely in my top favorite perfumes that I own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I defnitley can see why this perfume has a lot of fans. Its not overwhelming and a non offensive scent. So I bought into all the hype and bought it. The period that I did wear it, I got some compliments on it. As time came to pass, I realized that I wanted more vanilla and less citrus. If I want a light, fresh scent I opt for True Religion. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by aljeca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on sale for $30 at the drug store! It is the EDT. I agree with other reviewers that it has a very strong lime scent when first sprayed, but then it settles into a lovely vanilla. I lucked out with this one!