October 2, 2014 | 1812 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Endless Performance Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2004 1:39:00 PM More reviews by bottlered

I've been mascara-hunting like crazy these days; I'd never paid enough attention to their quality because, as I came to realize, none of the ones I'd tried, drugstore or dept. store, made much of an impression on me.

Mary Kay's Endless Performance Mascara was a wonderful surprise. The first feature is that it comes in brown - a bit darker than L'Oreal's True Brown, available in several of their formulas, but very nice nonetheless for us fairer-haired women.

The brush is thick and curved, and the wand itself is angled to help you get to every last lash. All you need is two coats of this for a natural, everyday look with lots of length - so much in fact that my lashes are brushing against my eyeglasses! Adding more coats would be perfect for evening wear.

I took off only one lipstick as it's not highly volumizing. Yet I'm not sure I'm being entirely fair. The product is virtually clump-free, so the tradeoff may be the need to add additional coats to build the kind of volume you can easily achieve with, for example, Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

Immediately after applying MK's, though, I could tell that this formula is gentle and therefore excellent for sensitive eyes. Every mascara label makes that claim nowadays, but users' mileage must necessarily vary. My eyes are super-sensitive, so I was amazed that, when I applied MK's Endless Performance, I didn't experience that brief teariness that most mascaras cause for me.

All in all, MK Endless Performance mascara is a great product. I will update this review as I experiment with ways to increase my lash volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2004 4:33:00 PM More reviews by LouAnnOliver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great Mascara that is water resistant but comes off rather easily with soap and water or cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2004 10:45:00 PM More reviews by 123lys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure about this one. Received this as a gift, and is usually the mascara I will reach for on the day-to-day basis for it's natural look. Doesn't flake until 8-10 hours, but doesn't do much to enhance the lashes either. The brush is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2004 3:48:00 PM More reviews by julesclover

This is a definite HG mascara- priced right, doesn't smudge, stays on all day- even through sleep. Wonderful mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2004 12:52:00 AM More reviews by lani69

The ONLY mascara I will use. Does not smear or smudge, even after sleeping in it, just kind of flakes off. Washes off very easily. Did I say no smudges? No more raccoon's eyes. I ran out and couldn't find a Mary Kay dealer for a while and so tried a few other brands, uck, couldn't stand them, gave them to my daughter and bought myself TWO tubes of the MK when the daughter of a woman I work with started selling it.

EDIT: I do not like this anymore. I don't know if they changed it or what, but for some reason is more goopy and flakey than it used to be. Now on to something else, urgh. Paula B gave clinique lash doubling mascara a good review, so will try that I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2004 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ChrisseMarie

This is my HG mascara. It doesn't clump, cake or flake. It stays all day until I wipe it off with MK eye makeup remover. EDIT: I think they changed the formula of this. I am now using classic Maybelline great lash. MK mascara started to flake off after a few hours, not good. I heard that they will be changing the formula again. May give it another shot once they do.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2004 9:48:00 PM More reviews by getstrong29

applies nicely but it flakes pretty bad later in the day. i'm convinced that any mascara works as long as you have an eyelash comb by sonia kashuk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2004 8:33:00 PM More reviews by 1MegMeg

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. Back in the spring I humoured one of my friends and went to a Mary Kay party with her. I came home with this mascara and it ended up being my HG everyday mascara. This mascara coats, separates, and defines my lashes beautifully without any clumping or flaking. Love this stuff! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2003 11:36:00 AM More reviews by JillieG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't think I would like this as much as I did - nice curved brush, no clumping..... not a HG as nothing dramatic to report, but nice for the $$.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2003 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tjaded

This is a nice basic mascara. That wears nicely nothing dramatic. But will give you decent build for the money. This mascara has not flaked or rubbed off even after going swimming it held up, od course I wore goggles but I have wore other mascara's with goggles and it was not a pretty site when all was said and done.