April 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by yaelyael

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using the Dermablend reflections foundation for several months, and was completely happy with the results (and compliments).
3 days ago a very good friend of mine gave me the La Prairie Skin Caviar foundation (full size!!!...), and I've tried it the next morning.
The results were more then breath- taking: a PERFECT coverage, and an excitingly gorgeous skin in a one drop- one minute easiest application. The foundation stays perfect and fresh for even more then a day (though I never have the problem of fading or caking with any kind of make up, and sometimes I'm too tired to wash my face at night...), and the last 2 days I was getting compliments from just about ANYONE.
I extremely recommend this foundation for every girl who can afford it.
As for me, there's no way I would buy it myself (still a bit of a country girl in the city...).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using up many generous counter samples I've gotten over the years here and there...I finally splurged on a full bottle off ebay. I really feel like this foundation makes my skin look flawless, poreless, natural and glowy. Glides on like a DREAM, has SPF, and lasts all day/night w/no touchups so basically everything I'm looking for in a foundation. Never broke me out either. I think I can justify the price by telling myself:
1)I'd certainly spend more than this on a pair of jeans that made me look this great
2)It's comes with concealor and a brush so there's 2 other items I don't have to buy
3)I feel good wearing it and am told the bottle will last at least 6 months.
So, I'm happy with my purchase! I get compliments on my skin when I wear it, in fact I was out last week with a friend and told her HER skin looked great and guess what...she says 'oh its my LP foundation'! That sealed the deal for me.
I don't agree with some of the posters that mention it's full coverage...seems very medium to me but I guess that depends on how you apply it? I'm on the dry side and for normal or dry skinned gals I think this is a great product. I've noticed no matter what counter I go to...the SA's seem very willing to dole out generous samples. Yay for La Prairie!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jenmorris71

I have tried EVERY foundation out there and have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in the process. This is the BEST foundation on the market - period. I have normal/dry skin and prefer a heavier foundation to lock in moisture and even though this is a heavier coverage, I found it to be very natural at the same time. Unlike other foundations that provide more coverage, this one does not sit in my pores and look cakey. In fact, when I wear this foundation and dust a little of the Cle de Peau powder over it, my skin looks absolutely flawless.

The only issue was that the color selection is not the best. I have more yellow undertones in my skin but I just purchased my second bottle and they just came out with a new color that seems to be a very close match.

For those who have tried it an not liked it, I can only assume that the price was too much or that they did not use proper skin care line underneath - if you don't hydrate no foundation will look good on you. In my opinion if your foundation is not great the rest of your makeup will not sit well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by honest

Because of the reviews I've read and because I have yet to find the foundation I will finally committ to, I wanted to try this foundation. At this point, I'll pay anything as long as the foundation creates a flawless, even finish, lasts until the end of the work day, and doesn't stick to lines on my face.
I had high hopes. After all, if you are going to spend over $150.00 on a foundation you should have high expectations. Unfortunately the foundation did not measure up to its price! The foundation is rather thick so it still stuck to lines on my face but not as terribly as Prescriptives foundation which I tried recently and returned. It was about the same quality as any other department store foundation. I guess I'll have to keep searching. It is not a good value for the money. I do not recommend...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ypeters

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Porcelaine Blush for years. I love this foundation. It matches my skin tone beautifully and provides good coverage. I get compliments on my skin all the time. I tend to be oily, and this product does not change color as the day progresses (other makeups will turn yellowish or orangish). It goes on smoothly and the bottle lasts forever. You only need a very small amount to cover your entire face. The concealer is very creamy and matches perfectly. I use every bit of it before I discard the bottle, getting the very last of it with a Q-tip. The consistency of the foundation never changes, from beginning to end, even though it lasts for months and months. You have to be careful using the concealer. At first I used too much and ran out before I had finished the foundation. La Prairie does not sell the concealer by itself, so you have to end up using a different concealer for a while, or buying a new bottle of foundation. I sometimes feel guilty for spending so much on my makeup, but I have tried other brands (Estee Lauder, Chanel, Lancome, SK-II, etc. and I always come back to La Prairie Skin Caviar. I can't seem to find another foundation color that matches my skin so perfectly. I have applied La Prairie on half of my face, and then applied another foundation to the other half of my face, and worn it all day. When I ask friends to tell me which side looks better, they always choose the La Prairie side 100% of the time. They always comment that the La Prairie side looks smoother and more radiant. I truly love this makeup! I know it is expensive, but really, you are getting two products, foundation and concealer. I have tried Cle de Peau concealer, and that costs about $100 alone, so maybe it really isn't too bad. It's worth it to me, and I highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Suekay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness I only used a sample of this. The foundation was okay, though not good enough IMO to justify the exhorbitant price. The closest color match for me is just a bit too orangey. Doesn't compare to the discontinued Stephane Marais creme foundtion, which was only a quarter of the price. Now if only they'd bring it back.......sigh.......

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by spacefox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a product junkie, especially when it comes to foundation. but this has reached HOLY GRAIL status for me in many ways.
I have normal skin with some red marks and occassional breakouts, so it's not flawless. I'm also very pale and have trouble finding the right colour to suit my skin. I bought this foundation (after much doubt..it's so expensive!) in the lightest colour - porcelain blush. It matches my skin perfectly. Other than that, it does not accentuate flakes, it smoothes onto my skin like a dream, it looks naturally and most importantly it COVERS all the flaws and imperfections in my skin! It lasts a long, long time and I love the concealer which comes with it. I can't say enough good things about this product. Ever since I've started using it, I've gotten compliments on my skin.
Thank you, La Prairie!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Solazur

This liquid is light to medium coverage. I prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear to this. It covers my face completely and 100%, evens out all the dark spots and makes it look really good. This LP product is just an average foundation that you can find amongst cheaper brand names with the same effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ainsleym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a professional make-up artist and this is my ultimate favourite foundation. It makes my skin look completely flawless and also photographs beautifully. Needless to say I wore this on my wedding day and was thrilled with the results. It's very expensive but you need such a tiny amount that I do believe it's worth the money. I only use mine for going out/special nights out, finding it too indulgent for everyday use. Wonderful!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm obsessed by great skin. I use- I hope- the best products in the world to get my skin in a condition, that people makes envy. Sure, it takes more then face products alone (skin fitness, sleep, healthy food, much water,...) So my skin has a healthy color, has no marks, sun spots,... That's the reason why i am not using foundation. Because i heard from a make up artist, that some foundations are able to catch light (not like so many foundations SAY that they are catching light, but really catching light, and throw the light again away instead of absorbing it, i was starting to use such foundation. Her advice was to use the Guerlain issima skincare foundation -see review. I AM very happy with the result.
I used this foundation in very large samples that lasted over a month, because i am using La Prairie as one of my skincare brands. I am really disappointed. It does not break my skin out, it does not fade, if used properly it doesn' look like a mask, it doesn't smell bad,... It got much good things. BUT it is not able to make you look younger. NOT! It makes your skin great in terms of color and softnes and radiance, but it does nothing at your facial features. It just makes your skin perfect, but nothing beyond that. It's too much to look natural. I definitely like more my guerlain. If i use La Prairie, people ask me: "What a nice foundation you are wearing, what do you use. If i use Guerlain: "Wow, you look good today, had a holiday?" I personally like the second question more. I only used three foundations (La Prairie, Chanel and Guerlain) If you want to look good at a natural way, this is not what you are looking for. The formula should be improved cause I think it's a bit outdated- old. I want more then this. (sorry for bad English, but I'm from France)