October 26, 2014 | 1091 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2007 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After all the raves on the review board i decided to go to the counter and try it out, i admit, its a nice foundation, but with that price, i expect to be exceptionally brilliant.

i wear vitalumiere in 30, lancome color id in #3 and was matched with honey beige in skin caviar, its a perfect color match, the lady put a very light layer on me so it doesnt feel heavy at all.

it even out my skin tone nicely, and its a very good foundation, however, it melts!!! yes i mean it melts big time! now, i do sweat very easily, but i tried this on in the middle of friggin winter and i wasnt sweating heavily, but when i dot my forehead with tissue, it just came off!

now you may say it happen with all foundations, yes, somehow if i wipe, yes, but not when gently dotting. My SKII foundation doesnt, vitalumiere and lancome only does it minimally, so i dont understand why la prairie came off so easily!

though i must say, it doesnt give me any break out even i worn it for 4 days straight, the lady gave me a sample satchel (sometimes foundations give me little bumps - which i suspect are clogged pores, it doesnt happen with la prairie), i wish it last a bit longer, its not a foundation that i can wear during summer when it melts so quickly in winter!

If it hasnt been the hefty price tag, i would have purchase it because it doesnt cause any problem on my skin and it is a decent foundation. I can see myself maybe buying it sometime down the track but definately not in a hurry I want it now thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2007 11:31:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation on planet earth.It gives the appearance of having been photoshopped!The coverage is perfect,so perfect in fact that I have never used the included concealer,How thoughtful LP is to include not only concealer but a sable brush as well.I Dilute it with caviar luxe cream or chanel brillance for a glowy finish.I rarely use foundation unless im going out or if I need to tune down my redness(irish grandmother)I love how it evens out skin tone,firms and diffuses lines.Really there is nothing better.The price is justified in that I have had the same bottle for nearly two years.I LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by yaelyael

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using the Dermablend reflections foundation for several months, and was completely happy with the results (and compliments).
3 days ago a very good friend of mine gave me the La Prairie Skin Caviar foundation (full size!!!...), and I've tried it the next morning.
The results were more then breath- taking: a PERFECT coverage, and an excitingly gorgeous skin in a one drop- one minute easiest application. The foundation stays perfect and fresh for even more then a day (though I never have the problem of fading or caking with any kind of make up, and sometimes I'm too tired to wash my face at night...), and the last 2 days I was getting compliments from just about ANYONE.
I extremely recommend this foundation for every girl who can afford it.
As for me, there's no way I would buy it myself (still a bit of a country girl in the city...).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by bbarrelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using up many generous counter samples I've gotten over the years here and there...I finally splurged on a full bottle off ebay. I really feel like this foundation makes my skin look flawless, poreless, natural and glowy. Glides on like a DREAM, has SPF, and lasts all day/night w/no touchups so basically everything I'm looking for in a foundation. Never broke me out either. I think I can justify the price by telling myself:
1)I'd certainly spend more than this on a pair of jeans that made me look this great
2)It's comes with concealor and a brush so there's 2 other items I don't have to buy
3)I feel good wearing it and am told the bottle will last at least 6 months.
So, I'm happy with my purchase! I get compliments on my skin when I wear it, in fact I was out last week with a friend and told her HER skin looked great and guess what...she says 'oh its my LP foundation'! That sealed the deal for me.
I don't agree with some of the posters that mention it's full coverage...seems very medium to me but I guess that depends on how you apply it? I'm on the dry side and for normal or dry skinned gals I think this is a great product. I've noticed no matter what counter I go to...the SA's seem very willing to dole out generous samples. Yay for La Prairie!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by jenmorris71

I have tried EVERY foundation out there and have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in the process. This is the BEST foundation on the market - period. I have normal/dry skin and prefer a heavier foundation to lock in moisture and even though this is a heavier coverage, I found it to be very natural at the same time. Unlike other foundations that provide more coverage, this one does not sit in my pores and look cakey. In fact, when I wear this foundation and dust a little of the Cle de Peau powder over it, my skin looks absolutely flawless.

The only issue was that the color selection is not the best. I have more yellow undertones in my skin but I just purchased my second bottle and they just came out with a new color that seems to be a very close match.

For those who have tried it an not liked it, I can only assume that the price was too much or that they did not use proper skin care line underneath - if you don't hydrate no foundation will look good on you. In my opinion if your foundation is not great the rest of your makeup will not sit well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by honest

Because of the reviews I've read and because I have yet to find the foundation I will finally committ to, I wanted to try this foundation. At this point, I'll pay anything as long as the foundation creates a flawless, even finish, lasts until the end of the work day, and doesn't stick to lines on my face.
I had high hopes. After all, if you are going to spend over $150.00 on a foundation you should have high expectations. Unfortunately the foundation did not measure up to its price! The foundation is rather thick so it still stuck to lines on my face but not as terribly as Prescriptives foundation which I tried recently and returned. It was about the same quality as any other department store foundation. I guess I'll have to keep searching. It is not a good value for the money. I do not recommend...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 2:34:00 AM More reviews by ypeters

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used La Prairie Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation in Porcelaine Blush for years. I love this foundation. It matches my skin tone beautifully and provides good coverage. I get compliments on my skin all the time. I tend to be oily, and this product does not change color as the day progresses (other makeups will turn yellowish or orangish). It goes on smoothly and the bottle lasts forever. You only need a very small amount to cover your entire face. The concealer is very creamy and matches perfectly. I use every bit of it before I discard the bottle, getting the very last of it with a Q-tip. The consistency of the foundation never changes, from beginning to end, even though it lasts for months and months. You have to be careful using the concealer. At first I used too much and ran out before I had finished the foundation. La Prairie does not sell the concealer by itself, so you have to end up using a different concealer for a while, or buying a new bottle of foundation. I sometimes feel guilty for spending so much on my makeup, but I have tried other brands (Estee Lauder, Chanel, Lancome, SK-II, etc. and I always come back to La Prairie Skin Caviar. I can't seem to find another foundation color that matches my skin so perfectly. I have applied La Prairie on half of my face, and then applied another foundation to the other half of my face, and worn it all day. When I ask friends to tell me which side looks better, they always choose the La Prairie side 100% of the time. They always comment that the La Prairie side looks smoother and more radiant. I truly love this makeup! I know it is expensive, but really, you are getting two products, foundation and concealer. I have tried Cle de Peau concealer, and that costs about $100 alone, so maybe it really isn't too bad. It's worth it to me, and I highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Suekay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness I only used a sample of this. The foundation was okay, though not good enough IMO to justify the exhorbitant price. The closest color match for me is just a bit too orangey. Doesn't compare to the discontinued Stephane Marais creme foundtion, which was only a quarter of the price. Now if only they'd bring it back.......sigh.......

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 1:36:00 PM More reviews by spacefox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a product junkie, especially when it comes to foundation. but this has reached HOLY GRAIL status for me in many ways.
I have normal skin with some red marks and occassional breakouts, so it's not flawless. I'm also very pale and have trouble finding the right colour to suit my skin. I bought this foundation (after much doubt..it's so expensive!) in the lightest colour - porcelain blush. It matches my skin perfectly. Other than that, it does not accentuate flakes, it smoothes onto my skin like a dream, it looks naturally and most importantly it COVERS all the flaws and imperfections in my skin! It lasts a long, long time and I love the concealer which comes with it. I can't say enough good things about this product. Ever since I've started using it, I've gotten compliments on my skin.
Thank you, La Prairie!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2006 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Solazur

This liquid is light to medium coverage. I prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear to this. It covers my face completely and 100%, evens out all the dark spots and makes it look really good. This LP product is just an average foundation that you can find amongst cheaper brand names with the same effect.