Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

on 12/25/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was trolling through Ulta the other day while on the hunt for a new concealer. My old one is unfortunately too dark for me now...
I was in the Rimmel section because I saw that their Lasting Finish lipsticks were on sale for four dollars instead of five, and wanted to check out their selection. This color (along with pink blush, which I think I'll go back to pick up) immediately caught my eye, so I swatched it on my hand and saw that it was a gorgeous nude pink that I knew would flatter my fair skin. I ended up getting this, along with a concealer and a lip gloss from Exuviance and Maybelline. When I got back, I stuck this in my makeup bag. This morning, I wanted a really easy makeup look since it's Christmas, and I knew I'd stay in my pajamas all day. I used this on my lips, and instantly knew I needed to review it. I love it! The color is lighter than my lips (natrually, my lips are an almost coral color), so I was worried I would look washed out with this on. It actually compliments my skintone really well! The pink is less prominent than the nude in this color, but it's definitely not a full on nude lipstick, which I'm relieved about. It's very creamy and not drying, and it looks really good with the NYX lipgloss with mega shine in Nude Peach, which I got in my stocking and am wearing with it now. This lipstick is perfect for a low fuss day at the beach or for a nice dinner out, which I can't say about anything else in my collection of lip products, and I'ma HUGE lip product junkie. I am so excited to have finally stumbled upon the perfect nude for me, and am even happier that it's inexpensive.

on 12/21/2012 10:08:00 PM

I do like this lipstick but I do not love it. I like the color quite a bit but I prefer lipsticks that have a more shimmery finish. Also, it's a bit drying. But I do like the color. I kind of like the smell too, its like a weird strawberry or something, who knows?

on 12/21/2012 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very washed out looking with no staying power compared to Wet and Wild or other brands. Perhaps they cheapened formula??

on 12/10/2012 1:14:00 AM

I bought this after reading a lot of other fair skinned ladies use it as a MLBB. Though its cheap, it wasn't what I was expecting. It's pretty drying and looks more like a frosted pink-peach on me (which is not to say that it's a bad color, it is nice). My lips are naturally more of light berry-pink, so I guess my HG MLBB search continues.

on 12/7/2012 12:04:00 AM

Great lipstick-very affordable and a good nude in general I think. However on my fair, cool skin it's just a tad warm. I don't find myself wearing this often because of that but it's definitely worth trying out to see if it'll work on you.

on 12/2/2012 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like it, it's a MLBB kinda guy. Super cheap, got it for around $4. It didn't dry out my lips. Smells like a cherry popsicle which I love :D This lipstick is such a safe pick. It's not too special where you have to run out and get it right this minute. However, It's worth checking out the next time you're wanting to expand your lipstick collection.

on 10/8/2012 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love ! My fave pink lipstick reminds me of mac angel lipstick / creme cup. I use to wear maybelline born with it but this one is less lighter and lasts longer on my lips
I am nc40-42 for reference

on 9/27/2012 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LOVE! My go-to everyday lip color. Totally appropriate for work, and pigmented enough for a night out. Super cheap and I am always on the hunt for a good nudey-pink color, but this one is the one I always go back to! Some people are turned off by the scent but I don't know why - I absolutely love the smell of Rimmel's lipsticks!

on 9/24/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I would give Airy Fairy 5 lippies for color, 0 for taste/smell, hence my rating of 3. I am NC15-20, but I have fairly pigmented lips. Airy Fairy swatches mauve on my hand, but looks nude on my lips, toning down the natural pinkness. It's definitely a "my lips but better" shade. I HATE the smell/taste, though. I guess it's supposed to be sort of fruity or coconutty or something, but it just tastes very chemical to me. I am not picky about the taste of lipsticks usually. The only other lippie I can't stand the taste of is a Clinique shade I have that tastes fishy, and I probably own 3 dozen lipsticks. The taste of this particular lipstick keeps me from reaching for it, despite its really nice color. That is how bad it is to me. Will not repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really really love this lipcolor. I'm very fair skinned - an NC 15 for reference. I am usually a bold type of lip color girl, and I have been on the hunt for that perfect pinky nude lip color to pair with more dramatic make up looks. I'm so happy I found this! It's a very pretty light nude pink color with golden undertones, which is perfect for my warm skintone. I also LOOOOVE the way this smells, I don't know why. This isn't one of those ridiculous nudes that make your lips look dead and concealer like ( I HATE concealer lips) and I'm really picky when it comes to my nudes, but this is perfect, and not too dark for lighter skinned gals. This is one of those "better than your lip color" shades, but still a pinky nude color. It's hard to describe, but I love this and I find myself reaching for this color so much more than my old favorite, L'oreal's fairest nude. I pair it with my Rimmel London's "Stay Glossy" lipgloss in "Endless Summer" and it's the PERFECT combo. The Endless Summer is a very pretty pinky nude color with golden flecks in it, and it is absolutely stunning paired with this lipstick. Will definitely repurchase!

Popular Lipsticks