October 22, 2014 | 1453 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by shannlcooper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is just one of those staples. I carry it in my purse if I have an emergency touch up situation and probably always will. I wear mineral makeup and it just doesn't travel well, so this is a good portable compact. I'm not overly oily to start with so I don't use it for a lot of blotting, but I still find that it's a must have in my purse. I'm sure there are more expensive pressed powders out there, but this one is oil free and non-comedogenic and it does a great job. Plus, it's cheap! For my fair skin I wear the color "Natural Ivory." I hope CoverGirl never discontinues the Clean line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Jackie0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear Classic Ivory and it works great, it keeps my skin looking matte and smooth... I start with Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny, a few swipes of NARS Orgasm blush, then dust this on with a stippling brush (I use MAC) - voila! It looks gorgeous, like beautiful baby skin! I don't like dropping a ton of money on powder, they all kinda look the same on me... Overall, it's a good buy if you're looking for something that's cheap and effective... I think the scent is completely a matter of opinion, I like it it doesn't bother me one bit! Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I have been buying the CG signature brown compact for the last 27 years. I love the classic CG/Noxema scent and the coverage is perfect. I got mine in Classic Beige which is a light/light-med. color. This has been the only CG powder or foundation face product that I can wear which looks half way natural. CG is notorious for making foundations that either look too orange or too ruddy, but this powder has always gotten it right. Everyone I know has this compact, it is a true classic because IT WORKS and looks great on. Awesome powder!

Still works and is awesome, but can't stand the new packaging. Oh, to have the old classy tortoiseshell compact as opposed to the matte brown one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by tifferifficxo

ughh i hate this.
the color is too light for me & i absolutely abhor the scent of it.
definitely returning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 6:23:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my HG in junior high and high school. I think I used so much of CG I could of had shares in the company growing up. Now that I'm older and have a little more $$ to spend on cosmetics I have not purchased this in a decade. For giggles I picked up a compact the other month and I fell in love all over again. I carry it in my purse for touch ups as needed, it even replaced my MAC blot powder on occasion. I use the colour classic ivory, which is a great light shade with little pink tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't attest to how this powder works alone, since I bought this to set my Cover Girl Clean Oil Free foundation. Used in combination with the foundation worked like a charm for me. Provides a little extra coverage as far as color goes and gives me a nice, matte finish (perfect for my super-greasy skin). If you have dry skin, you might want to stay away from this powder because it will emphasize dry spots. I don't use the puff included in the compact. Instead I use BE kabuki brush, which gives more of the sheer coverage I want. And I can clean the brush after use which is more sanitary. The Noxema smell doesn't bother me, but I can see it as being irritating to some. Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My mom has always used this product, so by default I used it too when I was a teenager. I think it worked well then, when my skin was really greasy. Now that I'm an adult, it looks all dry and powdery and white on my face, like a dried up old lady. It takes away any supple, dewy, young look my skin has, and it also doesn't give any benefits of adding a glow evening skin tone or covering up pores. The only benefit to this product is that I love the fresh way it smells. If you're looking for VERY matte dry finish, this if for you; if not, stay away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

Why did I ever abandon this powder so many years ago? I happen to love the Noxzema smell...takes me back junior high! It's great for blotting excess oil and it's not too heavy either. I get a nice, sheer matte finish. I don't look for coverage from my powders. In fact, that's what foundation is for IMO. And the camphor and eucalyptus don't bother me in the powder the way they do in the matching foundation. I got this in Buff Beige, my usual CG shade, and it looks scary light in the pan compared to Buff Beige in CG's other lines! But luckily, it goes on sheer enough that I don't look like a ghost. I still wish they'd make the powder shades match the foundation, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by rainbowbright

This is horrible. It makes my face cakey, dry and bad. It makes my skin even feel bad. I do not reccomened this. Usually I love Cover Girl. But no, not this time. I would never buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another great standby, that I've kept in my kit bag fairly constantly. I don't mind the fragrance, which is slightly medicinal. However, as some reviewers have also mentioned, it can tend to highlight my dry patches, and can photograph slightly, slightly yellowish/orange in some lights. That said, it's reliable for touch-ups. Oh, and the compact is durable, and able to be dropped pretty risk-free. Makes it portable and an affordable, reliable alternative to high-end brands.