Cover Girl Clean

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil (Clove), Methylparaben, BHT, Iron Oxides, May Contain:, Ultramarines

on 6/22/2009 10:53:00 AM

Yuck....thought I would give this a try again, used to use it back in high school. But man this stuff made my face break out so bad. It's not oil free, I should have known better. So for those ladies with oily, sensitive skin, DO NOT BUY THIS, it will clog your pores and make you break out.

on 6/21/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I recently rediscovered this powder and fell in love with it all over again. This was the first and only powder I ever used as a teen. I love the Noxzema scent. I first discovered this when I was 12 and my then-best friend's older sister used it and I had to have it. As I got older and could afford department store makeup, I pitched this. But recently I forgot my MAC Blot Powder and needed a powder, and I was,'t near a mall. So I bought this at a drug store as this was the only powder I was familiar with. So, I will continue to use this powder because it is so cheap, there are CG coupons out there and it is often on sale buy one get one half off, something that department stores never have.

This is just one of those staples. I carry it in my purse if I have an emergency touch up situation and probably always will. I wear mineral makeup and it just doesn't travel well, so this is a good portable compact. I'm not overly oily to start with so I don't use it for a lot of blotting, but I still find that it's a must have in my purse. I'm sure there are more expensive pressed powders out there, but this one is oil free and non-comedogenic and it does a great job. Plus, it's cheap! For my fair skin I wear the color "Natural Ivory." I hope CoverGirl never discontinues the Clean line.

on 4/30/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I wear Classic Ivory and it works great, it keeps my skin looking matte and smooth... I start with Estee Lauder Double Wear in Tawny, a few swipes of NARS Orgasm blush, then dust this on with a stippling brush (I use MAC) - voila! It looks gorgeous, like beautiful baby skin! I don't like dropping a ton of money on powder, they all kinda look the same on me... Overall, it's a good buy if you're looking for something that's cheap and effective... I think the scent is completely a matter of opinion, I like it it doesn't bother me one bit! Thumbs up!

on 4/11/2009 10:04:00 PM

I have been buying the CG signature brown compact for the last 27 years. I love the classic CG/Noxema scent and the coverage is perfect. I got mine in Classic Beige which is a light/light-med. color. This has been the only CG powder or foundation face product that I can wear which looks half way natural. CG is notorious for making foundations that either look too orange or too ruddy, but this powder has always gotten it right. Everyone I know has this compact, it is a true classic because IT WORKS and looks great on. Awesome powder!

Still works and is awesome, but can't stand the new packaging. Oh, to have the old classy tortoiseshell compact as opposed to the matte brown one.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

ughh i hate this.
the color is too light for me & i absolutely abhor the scent of it.
definitely returning.

on 3/1/2009 6:23:00 AM

This was my HG in junior high and high school. I think I used so much of CG I could of had shares in the company growing up. Now that I'm older and have a little more $$ to spend on cosmetics I have not purchased this in a decade. For giggles I picked up a compact the other month and I fell in love all over again. I carry it in my purse for touch ups as needed, it even replaced my MAC blot powder on occasion. I use the colour classic ivory, which is a great light shade with little pink tones.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I can't attest to how this powder works alone, since I bought this to set my Cover Girl Clean Oil Free foundation. Used in combination with the foundation worked like a charm for me. Provides a little extra coverage as far as color goes and gives me a nice, matte finish (perfect for my super-greasy skin). If you have dry skin, you might want to stay away from this powder because it will emphasize dry spots. I don't use the puff included in the compact. Instead I use BE kabuki brush, which gives more of the sheer coverage I want. And I can clean the brush after use which is more sanitary. The Noxema smell doesn't bother me, but I can see it as being irritating to some. Would repurchase.

on 2/13/2009 1:58:00 AM

My mom has always used this product, so by default I used it too when I was a teenager. I think it worked well then, when my skin was really greasy. Now that I'm an adult, it looks all dry and powdery and white on my face, like a dried up old lady. It takes away any supple, dewy, young look my skin has, and it also doesn't give any benefits of adding a glow evening skin tone or covering up pores. The only benefit to this product is that I love the fresh way it smells. If you're looking for VERY matte dry finish, this if for you; if not, stay away.

Why did I ever abandon this powder so many years ago? I happen to love the Noxzema smell...takes me back junior high! It's great for blotting excess oil and it's not too heavy either. I get a nice, sheer matte finish. I don't look for coverage from my powders. In fact, that's what foundation is for IMO. And the camphor and eucalyptus don't bother me in the powder the way they do in the matching foundation. I got this in Buff Beige, my usual CG shade, and it looks scary light in the pan compared to Buff Beige in CG's other lines! But luckily, it goes on sheer enough that I don't look like a ghost. I still wish they'd make the powder shades match the foundation, though.