Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got it in Black (01).

Pros:
- does not irritate my eyes
- easy to find at department stores
- darkens lashes but not dramatically
- easy to remove (although I never had issues about hard-to-remove mascara even waterproof ones)

Cons:
- straightens my lashes
- does not volumize enough
- gives me a light raccoon eyes at end of day

Glad I got it as GWP. I like it but there are better ones for the price. Might repurchase in waterproof.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this mascara. It isn't clumpy, it's lightweight, it gives great length and definition to the lashes. My lashes are pretty thick and this formula provides the right amount of length for a nice night out while adding a little thickness.

One swipe on the top lashes only for a casual daytime look, two swipes on the top and bottom lashes and your eyes are ready for a night out.

I've never had an issue with smudging, running, flaking, or clumping with this formula. My skin is sensitive and very prone to break-outs, redness, irritation, and freak-outs of many kinds and I have never had a sensitivity problem with Clinique's High Impact Mascara. With many mascaras, you lose some of your lashes due to the harshness of the formula. I have never had this issue with Clinique either.

I cannot speak to the water-proofness of it, but it does come off reasonably well with a regular Dove bar soap and gentle massaging with a washcloth.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is currently the only high end mascara I would ever consider paying full price for. I got this as a free sample at Ulta a while ago and put it aside because I didn't think I would like it, plus I already had to mascaras that I liked just fine. I picked it up on a whim sometime later because I was looking for something other than what the mascaras I already had could give me and I fell in love with it.

This gives a really nice, somewhat natural look; it lasts a long time; holds curl very well; and although it isn't waterproof-it does hold up pretty well. I've been caught in the rain pretty badly and only had very little come off-it didn't give me raccoon eyes or anything-I had a dot end up on my cheek after toughing my face. And it's sweatproof as well-I'm someone who, sadly, has overactive sweat glands as well as runny eyes from allergies so often times non-waterproof mascara doesn't hold up very well on me. This one does.

Update: while I still stand by saying that, on my eyes, it holds up pretty well for not being waterproof through rain and sweat-it is not tear proof.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Like this mascara, a re-discovery. I blew off Clinique mascaras (all EL company mascaras) for decades, but after trying this formulation as well as the waterproof in Black, I can say that I was too hasty. Or maybe they changed the formula. My eyelashes are pitiful, thin, scant, short, but the product went on easily and actually made me look like I had some lashes. Wish it came with a somewhat thinner brush (lots of product on skin due to skimpy eyelashes).

Nope. Not worth the money. There's nothing about this mascara that justifies the price. It's fine- but that's about it. It's wickedly clumpy and I have to remove a lot of the product before applying it. I get much better results with drugstore mascaras like the CoverGirl Lash Blast.

This is my HG mascara. I've been using this mascara since high school, and there is absolutely nothing better for me. I have fairly long lashes to begin with, so I can't say how well it works if lashes are problematic for you. However, this stuff gives me long, curled, unclumped, falsie-imitation lashes. I won't buy any other mascara. I only have to use 1 coat if I wiggle the brush through my lashes. I like dramatic eye makeup, and this delivers!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got this as a GWP. Just okay with one coat in that it made my blond eyelashes visible darker but left them straight. With a second coat I got clumping and flaking. There are better mascaras in this line and in drugstore brands.

I was so excited to buy this and...im so disappointed. For the money its one of the worst I bought. The Clinique curling one is so much better, I don't know why i changed. It does absolutely nothing, no volume length or ...anything. i don't know their return policy (i bought it in another state while on holiday) but i cant stand the hassle. keep your money and ask for samples. no samples, shop somewhere else

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this mascara in a gift with purchase. Due to the actual price, ($16.50) I would not repurchase, but it was a very nice mascara. After having tried Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara years ago and having a horrible experience with it (the mascara ran into my eyes if they watered just a tiny bit and burned HORRIBLY), I swore their mascaras off completely. I tried this product because one, it was free, and it was also a different formula. It is the perfect mascara if you like full, plush, and separated lashes, but you can also build up the thickness due to the formula's slow drying time. Not too slow, though. It have my lashes very good length, and thickness if I wanted it, or feathery, plush lashes, if that's the look I was going for. All in all, a great, adaptable mascara.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I only have the travel size in this as I got it as a gift for spending a certain amount of money. I have in 01 Black and it performs well on my lashes. The travel size covers my lashes well and gets almost all of them in one swoop. It works well for a base coat of mascara or on it's own. I don't like that it gets clumpy after more than one or two coats on the lashes but it's workable. On to the actual effect on my lashes: It distributes the color evenly and is very pigmented. It doesn't come off as a dark brown but a straight up black. It separates and lengthens my lashes without giving me a very "spidery" effect. Overall, I'd ask for it as a gift from someone. I don't know if I'd be willing to invest $16.50 for a full size.

Popular Mascaras