April 17, 2014 | 1211 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by beautyforless

When I hear the words "High Impact", I think something like "So much volume and length one blink could knock someone over". Basically, I went to this mascara for drama. Bring it on, Clinqiue, show me what you got.
I got this mascara as part of a GWP after picking up some gifts for friends. Just in time too, as I was running out of my beloved standby, Jordana Best Lash Extreme (believe the hype folks). The last time I had my hands on High Impact was years ago, so my memory wasn't exactly sharp. Still, I figured it was worth a shot.
I think High Impact is great if you're looking for a mascara that separates, defines, darkens, and nothing else. No volume. No extra oomph. Just a nice, natural look, or what I wanted Maybelline Full 'n' Soft to be. It's nice, but not what I wanted. It takes multiple coats to get the lashes I desire, something that's never an issue with dear ol' Jordana.
It can last through a shift at work (I work in fast food, glamorous, right? *shrugs* It pays for school) if and only if, I put a primer on then powder my lashes afterwards. If I skip this, lasting power is anybody's bet. So I must again bring up Jordana and mention that I have cried wearing Best Lash and it still stayed. Seriously. And not just the pathetic little tear that attractive movie stars do in films when they're trying to look hot while crying. We're talking all out bawling, an absolute mess. And it stayed, bless it's little $3 heart.
So while this wasn't a total fail for me, I won't repurchase because it's simply too much trouble to get my lashes to look nice and stay looking nice with High Impact. Oh well, back to Walgreens I go.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty nice it gives a little volume and makes my lashes fuller. The brush gets all of my lashes and is nice and fluffy. The formula isn't really wet which i like, i perfer thicker less glossy formulas. This formula is a nice consistency in my opinion. Not too thin. The reason tht I won't be buying it again is because I have four left from the Clinique bonuses that I bought lol. Overall pretty nice

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Henab

This mascara makes my eyelashes look a lot fuller then they are. The brush also makes it easy for me to apply to my sparse lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by janeettridge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara it is thick black and smooth and produces a great look makes your lashes long and very noticeable the best mascara I ever used next to Lancome blue mascara which I heard is deleted now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I got a sample size from one of Clinique's promos. It's a really good mascara! At first I wasn't a huge fan at all and contemplated trashing it, but the more I've used it, the more I've started to get used to it. It gives decent length and volume, but doesn't hold a curl for squat. It's not super dark in color either which I would prefer. It's also pretty expensive for what it is - a plain 'ol mascara. It's really not any better than Great Lash or Cover Girl Professional.

I had high hopes for this stuff. My boss uses it and raves about it. She has long beautiful lashes already though, so I don't think it matters what she puts on them.

Oh well, at least I didn't pay for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by larabk

This is a great everyday mascara. Most days, the only makeup I wear is mascara, and this really does that trick! It builds easily, and gives you fuller looking lashes without clumping or getting "spidery". I would repurchase this if it was sold in a waterproof formula though. I live in the Sunshine State, and I love surfing and swimming. Runny mascara does NOT fit my beach-babe image XD

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

Bleegh. I didn't really like this mascara at all. The wand is really bad - there's only a couple rows of really really short bristles and it's curved upward which makes it hard for me to coat all my lashes. I reaaaally have to work with the wand/formula for several coats in order to get even decently lengthy lashes. Too much work for not enough payoff. The formula is also really dry and feels brittle on my lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Dannibee123

Pretty good mascara... the brush is good to give full lashes, but leaves bottom lashes a mess...but maybe that's just me...also dries out fairly quickly

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's an okay mascara it gives a little length and volume but nothing really special. It's very black which is good but it smudges and flakes a bit so I'm not a fan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I received a sample of this from Clinique with my last order. Nothing special to this mascara: it coats the lashes, adds a little length and volume and makes them black. Wear time is fair; I had smudging after just a couple of hours, and it wasn't even hot out. So not horrible, but not outstanding. And to me, definitely not outstanding enough to purchase the full-size.