Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain

3.8

on 10/26/2007 6:44:00 PM

Notes: Citrus, Honey, Magnolia, Inclusion, Crystalline, Amber

I didn't like this the first hour I had it on. I was in the car and wished to god I could wash it off. It's one of those that make me nearly nauseous. It was the sweetness and loudness of the fragrance...and I didn't have much on. It must have been either the Crystalline or the Amber. The notes in this fragrance looked like I'd love it...I adore Honey, magnolia and citrus, but alas, it didn't work. Drydown 6 hours later was more tolerable...definitely softened amber, and what was left of the honey, but I could never tolerate that first blast of sweetness. But then again, I think barn and horse smells bring about all the endorphins I need! I do love Jo Malone's Nectarine and Honey...a very simple and luscious fragrance. One of my most beloved scents, and hands down better than L'Instant. Edited: I've had this juice on my wrists for about 12 hours now...it is more obnoxious than ever...I've just downgraded my review from a 3 to a 1. Would never let this touch my skin again...

on 10/14/2007 2:03:00 AM

Sophisticated scent that makes me feel beautiful and happy.

Simply divine. When I am wearing this I just smell white flowers (not good on establishing exactly which ones though!) dipped in honey. This is a warm, creamy, sensual fragrance that has great lasting power on me. My favourite Guerlain fragrance!

on 8/16/2007 9:26:00 AM

Wonderful scent, vanilla with flowers, beautiful bottle. A rather rich flavour but not heavy or very spicy though, so it can be worn daytime aswell as nighttime.

on 8/14/2007 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have to be in the mood for this, then it's lovely. Honey, almond and almost mimosa notes start out, stay and last. I don't get much change and it is a bit sweet, so if you don't like sweet, steer clear: It'll knock your socks off with Honey. Still, pale, feminine, lovely.

on 8/12/2007 11:37:00 AM

This is the kind of smell I pass quicly in the stores and I canít even bare to spitz them on. But I have a mini of this, and today I desided to put it on. Thanks to the rewiews here with all the information many of you give I now know why I hate this kind of fragances som much: Its the amber. I ordered a mini of Yves Roschers Voil the Amber recently, and can detect the similarity in them (which must be the amber, besides from that they're totally different). But besides hating amber, this is a rather nice smell. Its rounded, well composed, and I like the honey-almondy note in it. It donít get so sicknessy-cloying as other of this kind. Now I know what it smells like Ė maybe some day I will change my mind and get a need for amber, then Iím shure that L'Instant would be one of the best choises for me out there. (and its even already in here, in my bathroom).

on 7/29/2007 12:47:00 PM

Oh my goodness....I can't believe my nose! On me, L'Instant de Guerlain smells exactly like my former winter love, Chanel No.22!!! No.22 was my favorite fragrance in my late teens and early 20's, but I was crushed when - circa 1985? - a friend in the fragrance industry told me that No.22 was being changed...reformulated. I was DEVASTATED! The lovely warm, powdery scent was merely a memory; I am not a fragrance expert, but now it smelled/smells just like Lauder's White Linen (and both give me a terrible headache instantly!). L'Instant is such a soft, feminine scent..."an invitation to come closer, rather than an announcement that one has arrived." I'm so happy to have found it (again)!

on 7/23/2007 2:56:00 AM

My boyfriend gave me this (edp) as a gift two years ago and at first I felt bad because I thought it was too strong and it wasn't for me. This is now my signature fragrance. I fell in love with it. I don't think it smells like an old lady. I'm 25 and I don't think I'm an old lady..lol..My boyfriend loves it when I wear this. It's very classy, feminine and sexy.

on 7/16/2007 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to like this fragrance - the warm sweetness is nice. Unfortunately it also has that heavy, bitter note that is such a turnoff in other "classic" fragrances like Chanel No. 5 and other Guerlain fragrances. I don't know what it is and obviously others like it but to me it is sour and "old-lady" smelling. I tried the parfum - maybe the EdP is different.

on 6/1/2007 3:55:00 AM

This is the only Guerlain fragrance I own and like. The others give me headaches :(, too strong I guess or maybe some of the ingredients.
It is is easy to wear, I am not good at describing the notes but I really like the feelings I get while wearing it.

Popular Fragrances