December 20, 2014 | 1283 users online

Skincare - Face - Clinique - Acne Solutions Line (all products)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Monika88

I was initially on the clinique acne solution line and it dried out my skin completely, it felt like it was burning when I put the toner on. I switched to the regular line using the oily skin soap, #3 toner for oily skin and acne solution moisturizer + moisture surge. After about a month my skin had gotten a lot worse, I switched to #2 toner and another month later I've had the worst acne I've ever had in my life, and its so painful. I'm not here to bash clinique as it is a great company, however be careful when you're taking advice from the people working at clinique! Some are solely there to sell their products, the lady looking after me suggested I buy MANY products, continued to switch my routine and wasn't really in it for my best interest. My suggestions are first, for younger customers be careful with #2 toner it has an active ingredient that doesn't suit a lot of people in their late teens/early 20s, second get a second or even third opinion, if used properly I'm sure this product could have worked and third if you don't see any improvement in 2 weeks go back immediately and let them know exactly what's happening so they can help you accordingly. Personally, clinique was a horrible experience, I'll probably never go back but it has worked great for some people, just be caution just when buying any skincare products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by arriette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am quite conflicted about this line. But let me begin at the beginning - sorry about the length.
I added the AS Clarifying Lotion to my regimen this spring. My skin was acting up a bit and the results with the toner were good: polished looking skin, less breakouts. Then summer came around and I thought why not adding the AS Cleansing Foam to my daily routine. I was hesitant about the cleanser, because Clinique's bar soaps break me out terribly. And again: after adding the cleansing foam, my skin improved further. Since it was a pretty humid summer, I liked that the two products balanced (read: dried) my skin. Some time around August, I bought the AS Clearing Moisturizer. The results were nothing shy of a miracle. Within two weeks my skin was impeccable: pores and impurities seemed to disappear and I was left with an enviable complexion - and it stayed that way for two months. The moisturizer bleached my eyebrows, but I didn't care, my skin just looked that great.
Then the breakouts started: cystic acne spots on my cheeks, chin and neck, something that's hasn't happend before. At first I thought my hormones were acting up in a new way and kept using all three products. Long story short: I switched to my former regimen and my skin normalized. But I wasn't convinced yet and switched back and forth three times (I know...) and every time I started using the AS Clearing Moisturizer, the problems returned within two to three days.
I keep using the AS Clarifying Lotion, but the moisturizer clearly isn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by rrrrbravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this system twice, and stopped mid way through the second batch. This worked good for awhile. My skin was the clearest I had seen it for a long time, but all of a sudden I noticed it wasn't doing anything anymore, and pretty much all my old pimples that had disppeared were back. By the time I was done with the first set of these products my face was really dry and flaky, but atleast my skin was clear so I bought it again. If you have reallllly oily skin I bet these would work good, but not for my combo dry/oily skin. I think it's too much salicylic acid (in the cleanser and toner) to use, especially twice a day. I won't repurchase a third time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Jenny05

I've used Clinique's Acne Solutions line for over two years. When I first purchased the products I was told it would take about a year for my skin to completely clear up. This was discouraging, but I decided I would commit.

This line has definitely cleared up my skin, which is why I continue to use it years later. I have occasional blemishes but if you're acne prone that's likely to happen. It's definitely great for acne, I just wish it would also help with my extremely oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Sweetlae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Even though this hasn't been recent, I remember using this a few years ago. Yes, it did get rid of some of my acne, but it overly dried my skin so much that any pimple that popped on it's own, or I scratched off, turned into a pitted scar. I strongly believe that this was the worst product for my skin I've ever used.
I remember my skin feeling extremely dry, and peeling a lot, especially at the nose. This is one of those products that I wish I had never tried, just because it created a problem extremely hard to fix, and had made me very insecure.
Overall, it fixed some of my acne, not all, but it's not worth it for the side effects I experienced. Back then, I really had some hope in this product. Unfortunately, never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

No... Hah

First off, it broke me put into hives, made my whole face swell up and caused me to scratch myself raw, I just shouldve dealt with the fact that I have acne now I have worse scarring...

Second it was verrrry drying

But I've use the origiabl 3 step system with no prolem. Idk

Its not Cliniques fault I'm so sensitive though..

This was just my experience not everyones the same

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by predhead33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really REALLY wanted this to work well, because there are so many good things about it, but sadly my skin just does not react well to salicylic acid. I loved the cute packaging of these products and the scent of the foamy cleanser, but my breakouts did not get any better at all with this product. For the same price as Proactiv, it was just not worth it to me. I wish that there was a coordinating scrub or something for exfoliation purposes, but there isn't. I love Clinique but this product wasn't strong enough and just didn't do what I wanted it to!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by jcq

I finished my first 3 steps set within 2 months, also purchased concealer for acne and spot gel, hoping that they won;t make me breakout when I have to cover my blemishes. I believe I spent roughly $135. Shipping etc made them terribly expensive.
I used to have light-moderate acne until one time I broke out and decided to pick these prods. In short, for me the prods just don't work. The worst part is the lotion, it was seriously harsh. I kept finishing them due to price paid.
The results of using them are; my face became oily than ever, both cheeks breakout so badly, and it left scar that has not disappeared until now. Adding the suck concealer, my anger towards the prods have been completed!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Leajer424

I bought the small sized kit of all three products: the wash, the toner, and the lotion.
The lotion contains Benzoyl Peroxide, which I've found over 20 yrs of having acne-prone skin, does more harm than good for me.
I tried the BP lotion at first just to try, but ended up just using the Cleansing Foam and the Clarifying Lotion (toner).
It was ok, it seemed like it was helping but breaking me out at the same time...if that makes any sense. I think the alcohol in the astringent was pretty harsh on my skin (and made me worry about aging and wrinkles...alcohol disrupts collagen production, not good for aging skin). And the wash contains Algae extract, which has a Comedogenic scale raling of 4 out of 5...pretty high. If I didn't do the steps on time every day (stay up late, not have time to do the regimin in the afternoon after work...), I would break out. I don't usually wash twice a day, but with this system I had to, or I'd break out. I felt jailed into the routine. I assume it was because it was partially helping, but partially making things worse, so I was essentially treating the acne it produced. I used this for about a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by elambie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had been using the other Clinique 3 step system in the type 3 and I thought it worked great!! I would occasionally have a pimple appear, but that was mostly during that "time of the month". But after I had gone through an entire bottle of the clarifying lotion and two bottles of the cleanser and decided to mix things up and trying the acne solutions line instead to see how that worked. After the first application, I could tell that it was a stronger product than the regular 3 step system and the scent of the cleanser and moisturizer was a little off-putting, but that isn't a deal breaker for me. I was using the system exclusively without any other products for about a week and I noticed that my skin was drying out where I normally am oily. To counteract that, I bought a tub of the Cetaphil moisturizing cream (yes...a cream), which I only use at night and the combination of the acne solutions system and the moisturizing cream is magical. My skin is clear, it's no longer dry and I couldn't be happier with it. A great find for me!!!

UPDATE: After buying the full size set, I realized how quickly the foaming cleanser runs out. I only use a pump in the morning and a pump at night and I'm nearly out. I bought this container less than a month ago. For how pricey the products are, I'm probably not going to be repurchasing ALL of them. The only product I'll probably buy again will be the toner, as I have probably 80% of it left, and I love it!! The products are great, but not for the budget conscious shopper!!