Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer

3.1

Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethyl MEA (DMAE), C13-14 Isoparaffin, Citric Acid, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C Ester), L-Tyrosine, Parfum (Fragrance), Laureth-7, Hexylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Eugenol.

Though the whipped texture is nice, this stuff seriously dried out my skin. After using it for 3 days, it took about a week for my skin to calm down--it was dry, crackly, red and itchy--from using this stuff. I would only recommend it for super oily skin.

on 11/18/2009 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This moisturizer was kind of a let down. First of all contrary to other reviews..i don't mind the smell. It's like roses. The texture is nice ..non greasy BUT...i don't know if it was this or the cleanser or the two together that started clogging up my pores pretty bad. My nose was all clogged up and my forhead started getting those little bumps. I actually got a really bad deep under the skin pimple on my chin that took a week to get rid of. Paaaainfuuul! I can't affored for my skin to go out of wack because it took me a year to get it in check. I have hyperpigmentation issues so i had to put the breaks on this brand.

on 10/7/2009 12:33:00 PM

I put a 2 instead of a 1 for packaging because it does include a little spatula so you don't have to scoop out the product with your fingers. However, that said, I think this moisturizer should come in more hygienic packaging.

I bought a jar and had to return it because when I opened it, it looked like it had been opened already. I went back to Sephora and exchanged my jar, and found that several jars were like this. This is bad packaging from Perricone. Finally, I found a jar that was sealed.

I love this moisturizer! This with my Clarisonic has been giving me great skin. Also, the more I've been using my Clarisonic, the less of this moisturizer I need to use.

The texture feels slightly "whipped." It feels luxurious on the skin and sinks in quickly. And I don't know how it does this, but it gives my skin a sort of ethereal glow. I wish I could wear this -- and nothing else -- every day (sadly, though, skin needs SPF, so I cannot wear this alone). Anyway, I use it at night. (I've been using the new Olay DNA moisturizer with SPF during the day.)

I bought this after receiving a sample from Sephora. I've kept the little sample jar and decant into that whenever I travel. (I'd hate to travel with this jar and have it break on me!)

What else? I love it, and will continue using it. I just wish it came in better packaging -- like the Kate Somerville jars. What else? The scent - not overwhelming, but yes, it does have a scent -- slightly like roses. It dissipates after a few minutes. I like it. continued >>

on 3/29/2009 2:54:00 PM

Very good moisturizer that won't break the bank. I have it in the jar, I believe it has been repackage (which is a good thing).Smells like roses. Should NOT smell like fish!! Interesting thing about this product; if you are VERY VERY dry, you will start out using quite a bit of it. Over time, however, you find you need less and less. This is your skin being brought back to a "normal" oil production (if that makes sense). I don't know how it works, but Perricone is really a great line that does a super job on the skin. It may sting at first; his stuff is potent, so go slowly.

on 1/18/2009 1:07:00 PM

It moisturizes very well, and for the price, it's not terribly expensive (compared to the MDSkincare one I also use). It's not a heavy cream-based product, but does the moisturizing job well. Sephora and most counters at the department stores would let you take a small sample to try. I don't find the smell intimidating at all - it's barely noticeable. But, definitely sample before you buy.

on 12/30/2008 1:09:00 PM

Like many of you, I got a sample at Sephora. I ADORE the scent. What the heck? Fishy smell? Maybe the product was bad? I smell a soft rose scent. It's delicious and not perfumey smelling. More like a rose water scent. The product didn't make me break out, though I usually don't break out. It melted into my skin, it's concentrated and a little does go a long way. I probably wont repurchase only because of the cost and my skin is pretty good/easy to please so I'll find something cheaper.

on 11/2/2008 8:42:00 AM

After using many expensive and inexpensive brands of moisturizers over the years, this is my favorite!! I began to use this after I had a Fraxel laser treatment and nothing else kept my face moisturized throughout the day. It's probably the least expensive item in this brand. You use a very tiny amount for the whole face. I'm 50 and have combination skin, leaning towards dry in areas. I use this both morning and night and my skin feels very soft with no flakes at all anymore!!! This is the only item I use from this line right now. I really love it!!!

on 10/9/2008 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product gives your face the light, moisturzing finish. I wear it over night, sometime with another perricone product or without. But in the morning I definitely feel the difference and my skin is smooth and replenished...highly recommend. The texture is very matte not thick at all which I love, so it's easy to glide and smooth onto your face, the scent is a bit strong, smells like roses, but hey...for what it does I don't mind the smell. Perricone products are VERY strong, so I recommend not using this day and night, just one or the other because it will make a drastic difference and you can definitely feel the results. A+++ my HG moisturizer for the night :)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A very good basic moisturizer from Dr Perricone.
It does a good job in moisturizing your skin, does not have any major claims.
I like it.. I use it at night only (for the day and my combo skin it would be a bit too heavy) but it is deifntely a good treat for my skin: in the morning I wake up with a refreshed skin, plumped and a bit glowing.
What I don't like (and this is the only detail I regret in Perricone products) is the smell.
None of their products smell OK to me! even this one has a strange artificial scent - cannot detect any rosey note (in that case I would love the smell!!).
It is expensive for being a "basic" moisturizer, but it's a product you can't go wrong with!

on 7/13/2008 12:01:00 AM

I got this sample from Sephora and was excited to try it. The moment I started rubbing it in, this terrible smell hit my nose, and I almost threw up. I am not joking...like rotten fish or a bad feminine odor. I had to immediately wash it off, and even now the faint smell of rotten fish is hitting me. I think I might have to hop in the shower to get it off! Too bad I couldn't handle the scent, I would have liked to see what the hype is about. I can't believe someone formulated something for the face that smells so bad.