Clean Clean

2.6

on 9/12/2007 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

In my search for a "clean soapy" fragrance I stumbled upon reviews for CLEAN. It was supposed to be soap & water clean.

What I got was LEMON PLEDGE & FABRIC SOFTENER! This does NOT smell like a "human" clean or "soap" clean. It smells "clean" how my apartment smells when I've done a thorough cleaning. It's overpriced for what it is and the bottle is plain. The lasting power was ok, but it faded to a lemon cleanser scent. Not pleasant at all.

I would NOT purchase again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone who actually wants to smell "clean." For a soapy smell I've found the much cheaper J. Lo Glow to be far superior and dries down to a SOAPY musk.

on 8/5/2007 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Strange. Not what I think of when I think of clean at all.

on 5/31/2007 10:32:00 PM

Really disappointed in this fragrance. Very strong to start and reminds me of room deodorizer. But, it fades fast and you never know you had it on. The concept would be great if it worked but, it's way more hype than quality. I would never purchase again and would be reluctant to try any other fragrance in the line.

on 5/24/2007 11:23:00 PM

This is one of my new favorites. It's nothing "frilly" or fancy, just clean and simple. I adore the first fresh blast of grapefruit as it triggers a scent memory. If you don't like citrus, don't count this one out. The initial sharpness is quick to subside.

on 5/11/2007 11:02:00 PM

Just finished a huge bottle of this. It lasted 2+ years. I don't think I'll repurchase, though I love the concept. The EDP is the longest-lasting of scents like this I've ever tried, but it's a little...invasive. I'm currently trying the EDT - it's way more powdery, not sure I like yet. I'm giving a 3 because I didn't hate it, but didn't adore it, though every day I wore it I enjoyed it somewhat.

on 5/10/2007 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This fragrance is ok, don't love it. I wear it once in awhile. On me it's refreshing and kind of soapy, but doesn't really last very long. Bought it on ebay for an excellent price, so I can't complain. The packaging is ok, nothing fancy and neither is the bottle, but that's not something that I look for when purchasing a fragrance. Still have more than half the bottle, so I'll have it for awhile, but even when I finally do finish it, I wont be purchasing it again.

on 1/28/2007 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was just the simple scent I was looking for, and I really enjoyed it for the 10-minutes it lasted on my skin. Thankfully Nordstrom has great customer service and a decent return policy.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This starts off fresh and soapy but goes sweet in the dry down. It could be my chemisty that makes it this way, but I was hoping for a more linear scent. Still, it's nice. I wear this on days when I'm undecided about what to wear, don't want to make a statement or don't want to offend anyone. Applied with a light hand, I think it's a pretty safe scent. I'd only buy it again if I were able to get it at a good price.

on 1/22/2007 10:33:00 PM

Could all those glamorous movie stars be attracted to this scent because they've never smelled household cleaning products?

on 1/22/2007 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I first tried this scent, it reminded me of Pledge of some other wood cleaner I use in my house. I couldn't wait to get this stuff off!! Very overpowering and strong.