November 23, 2014 | 1766 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ChocolateSauce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this on special offer with the cocoa butter body butter.... Body scrub smells likes Jergens Cherry Almond lotion! Skin does feel smooth afterwards but it's a little too pricey for me (normal price - 10). Especially when you can do the same job with bath gloves for a third of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2006 9:33:00 PM More reviews by DivineKali

This scrub smells delicious but the scent does not linger on the skin. I like to use it before shaving to prep the skin but do not use it in other cases as I prefer scrubs that re-moisturize the skin. A decent scrub, nothing too amazing, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Ellssa

I don't know if the scrub I bought happened to be expired or off but it was horrible. I normally really like Body Shop's products but this scrub literally left a waxy coating all over my legs and arms. I could run my finger nail along my arm and get so much waxy residue I could probably throw it at someone. It grossed me out so much that I ran to the shower and used a body brush to scrub off the "scrub"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 5:03:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just started using this product last week after a less-than-thrilling experience with TBS' passionfruit scrub. This one is great! No greasiness or dissolving of the granules (the Passionfruit one leaves you ridiculously greasy, like you've been soaking in an oil-bath, and the sugar and salt formulation dissolves in two seconds, meaning that if you want to exfoliate your whole body then you get about 5 uses out of it - i also found the passionfruit one contributed to, if not caused, a strange b.o. in the underarm area, which i am NOT usually prone to...) I love that it really scrubs, for as long as you want it to, and then rinses clean away. And it smells good too! I am a big fan of TBS in general (with the exception of all of the passionfruit products. ew.) Worth the money! Just wish it came in more shower-friendly packaging...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 11:20:00 AM More reviews by StockholmFashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this product. The texture, the scent the result - everything! My HG scrub.. will never try anything else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 5:47:00 AM More reviews by snow_ice

This is my lastest body scrub. Bought it because of the reviews on MUA and didnt disappoint at all. This is a great scrub and it's about $18 CAN. This is a very creamy scrub, the scrub itself is not too big or too small, didnt not melt or disappear with water, it stays as long as i want it to be. Overall, it does a good job on exfoliating and by the same time moisturizing my skin as well, thanks to the cocoa butter. I usually use Origins body scrubs and still I'd say Origins is better but for the price, TBS beats that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub ! the smell isint that nice i find it a bit strong it smells like marsipan i think but it doesnt bother me that much.Its really creamy and moisturising but not oily like most of TBS scrubs the grains are quite big and scrub well .will absolutely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 8:34:00 AM More reviews by nnana

One of my favourite products from TBS has got to be this scrub. Love the scent, and love the effect - smoother and softer skin. Its non-drying too, but non-greasy either. My HG scrub!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2006 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ritamac

Love this. The grains are the perfect size, and it really seems to soften my skin, without leaving it greasy. Works really well on legs before shaving. The smell is great too. Only downside is the packaging - I wish it came in a tube rather than a tub, but really I can live with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Fridgie

I got this on sale for $9 instead of the regular price $18 at a Boxing Day sale. This scrub is delicious and is my fave scrub now. I only use a little bit and I find it spreads well and there is enough grains to do a great job at exfoliating. I really like using it on my legs before shaving and it gets rid of those bumps on my arms and the rough patches on my elbows.
The smell is not exactly like the matching cocoa butter body butter scent, but it's a bit like a cherry almond shea butter smell. I find it's quite delicious and doesn't leave behind a nasty smell.
I am not sure if I would buy it again at regular price as it's a bit too expensive but considering it does a great job, maybe I would.