The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder, Rice, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glycerin, cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, PEG-100 Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Limonene.

on 2/21/2007 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ohmigosh I love this! I can actually feel this working! You know how some scrubs just disappear as soon as they touch water? Not this one! Left my skin soft and clean-feeling. I followed it with TBS Cocoa Butter Body Butter and my skin feels so nice.

on 2/20/2007 6:18:00 PM

I love body scrubs and this one is one of my favourites. The smell is devine (but then I am a cocoabutterholic!), it leaves skin wonderfully moisturised and soft, rinses well and a little goes a long way. I prefer this type of creamy scrub to oily salty ones that leave me all slippery! Downsides: very expensive for every day use so I splurge occasionally. Also, although the tub is great for scooping out the contents, I recently realised when visiting friends, it's a pain in a closed shower cubicle. Quick scoop, close lid, quick scoop, close lid ...!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I received a TBS cocoa butter gift set from a co-worker for Christmas. There was a towel, body wash, body butter, lotion and this scrub in the set. I loved the lotion, but the scrub was AMAZING. This is one of the best body scrubs I have ever used. The smell, texture and level of moisturization made this a real treat. After my mini was gone, I knew I had to have the full size. There are no TBS stores where I live, so I ordered it online last night, and I can't wait to get it!

on 12/26/2006 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really don't dare saying how much scrubs I have used in the past. It must be over hunderd! I use self tanner year round, so a good scrub is essential for me. I have used the high ends scrubs too: Sisley, Estee Lauder, Dior,... Surprisingly this one along with the scrub from Clinique performs best. I haven't switched in a year so that is saying a lot. I wish they make bigger jars! Skin is polished, soft, moisturized and calm altough it really scrubs! What can you else ask? Sorry for bad English!

on 12/24/2006 3:43:00 AM

A lot of people here say the scent doesn't linger...but I cannot get this nauseating smell of my hands. It does smell like almonds and cherries...and yeah I'm about to puke since I really can't stand it.

But the scrub quality is absolutely perfect. My hands and legs are so smoooth it works like a charm. I'll try Origins or another smell next time.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Bought this on special offer with the cocoa butter body butter.... Body scrub smells likes Jergens Cherry Almond lotion! Skin does feel smooth afterwards but it's a little too pricey for me (normal price - 10). Especially when you can do the same job with bath gloves for a third of the price.

on 8/24/2006 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This scrub smells delicious but the scent does not linger on the skin. I like to use it before shaving to prep the skin but do not use it in other cases as I prefer scrubs that re-moisturize the skin. A decent scrub, nothing too amazing, though.

on 6/9/2006 5:55:00 PM

I don't know if the scrub I bought happened to be expired or off but it was horrible. I normally really like Body Shop's products but this scrub literally left a waxy coating all over my legs and arms. I could run my finger nail along my arm and get so much waxy residue I could probably throw it at someone. It grossed me out so much that I ran to the shower and used a body brush to scrub off the "scrub"

I just started using this product last week after a less-than-thrilling experience with TBS' passionfruit scrub. This one is great! No greasiness or dissolving of the granules (the Passionfruit one leaves you ridiculously greasy, like you've been soaking in an oil-bath, and the sugar and salt formulation dissolves in two seconds, meaning that if you want to exfoliate your whole body then you get about 5 uses out of it - i also found the passionfruit one contributed to, if not caused, a strange b.o. in the underarm area, which i am NOT usually prone to...) I love that it really scrubs, for as long as you want it to, and then rinses clean away. And it smells good too! I am a big fan of TBS in general (with the exception of all of the passionfruit products. ew.) Worth the money! Just wish it came in more shower-friendly packaging...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love everything about this product. The texture, the scent the result - everything! My HG scrub.. will never try anything else.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products