April 23, 2014 | 1940 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by oddthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE these! I am never, and I mean NEVER without one. I have been using these every day for over 30 years!(gasp.... I know...) I simply could not go to sleep without slipping my Lip Smackers on!
So many great flavors, too. Kiwi and mango are terrific!.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by nmoore1959

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am 50 yrs old and used Lip Smackers in high school. You really can't beat the price and Lip Smackers work better than anything I have found to keep my lips smooth and crack free. I put it on under lipstick and it works great! I hope they never stop making Lip Smackers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im 23 I use it CONSTANTLY...my fav flavor is watermelon...makes my lips super smooth and soft. Ive literally been using this since I was a little girl and i will probably use until im 80. I feel like I get compliments on how nice my lips look when I use this (and JUST this) than when I have on lipgloss or some expensive lipstick. I think men really like a soft looking, full, natural colored, non-glossy lip...and thats what Lip Smackers does for me! my HG for life! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

good for making out. it makes me feel like a little girl again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by littlemoonbeamm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh goodness. These totally remind me of my childhood! I had one in every flavor and carried them around in my backpack. Lol! These are so moisturizing and they smell so good! My personal favorite is strawberry. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

I always have at least one of these around. They smell great, feel great on my lips, are super moisturizing and leave a nice shine. My favorite is bubble gum.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 9:23:00 AM More reviews by eggsinabasket

Got the coke flavoured one and I must say the smell and taste does remind me of the drink. The gloss is just nice when you put it on, but it doesn't last at all. But since it is so cheap and portable, i may just buy this again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Ahh lip smackers. I love the Dr Pepper one of these. Since I'm in the UK I associate Lip smackers with childhood trips to see family in the US. So when I saw that Claire's have started selling them I had to get it.
The Dr Pepper one leaves a very slight tint...loves it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been through about a million of these (I only buy it in Strawberry - it doesn't really have much of a smell or taste compared to others) and like many others, I've been using it since I was a kid so there's a nostalgia factor too. It's kept my lips perfectly moisturized. I have absolutely no complaints about the product itself and I pretty much swear by it. I don't like change so I'm not wild about the new logo, but whatever, hardly an issue. Doesn't leave any colour on the lips (at least my strawberry one doesn't, though I had a frosty strawberry-kiwi and various other scents over a decade ago that made your lips frosty) but makes them slightly glossy.

It's usually under $2 at most places and I have several on the go constantly - one in my desk drawer, one beside my bed, one in my purse, everywhere! They're so inexpensive that you don't have to worry about losing it. It's great when you go somewhere and don't want to bring your purse; they're so small you can just put one in your pocket. Perfect little cheap drugstore product to keep your lips hydrated!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I will always have one of these around.

*******************************************************************************************************

What alternatives to animal testing does The Bonne Bell Company use?
WE DO NOT TEST ON ANIMALS

The Bonne Bell Company does not use animal testing, either in-house or through outside contractors, for any safety or efficacy evaluations of our products. This policy works well with our development programs.

At present, there are several test procedures available to The Bonne Bell Company that help us substantiate the safety and effectiveness of our products. All of these studies are conducted on human panelists, in a clinical setting, with physicians' supervision and documentation. The testing options include irritation and sensitization potential, light reactivity, exaggerated usage, drug effectiveness, claims substantiation and comparative claims support.

These extensive procedures are performed by trained professionals to assure that The Bonne Bell Company products are safe and provide the consumer with the proper features and benefits.

What are Lip Smackers made of?
Castor oil - A natural oil obtained from the seeds of Ricinus Communis. This ingredient gives emolliency and gloss to the lips.

Beeswax - A natural purified wax obtained from the honeycomb of the bee, Apis Mellifera. This ingredient gives structure and rigidity to Lip Smackers.

Cetyl Acetate - This is an ester of cetyl alcohol and acetic acid. This ingredient gives emollience and gloss to the lips. It is also a conditioner of dry, chapped lips.

Candelilla Wax - A natural wax obtained from various plant species of Euphoriaceae.

Flavor/Fragrance - These are comprised of both natural and artificial ingredients, all of which are GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) for use in cosmetic and food products. These ingredients give Lip Smackers their characteristic flavor and aroma.

Polybutene - A polymer which is made up of a mixture of butenes. This ingredient adds gloss and wearability to the product.

Sesame Oil - A natural oil obtained from the seeds of Sesamim Indicum. This ingredient adds gloss and emolliency.

Ozokerite - A wax derived from mineral or petroleum sources. This ingredient adds rigidity and structure to the product.

Carnauba - A natural wax obtained from the leaves and leaf buds of the Brazilian Wax Palm, Coperinicia Cerefera. This ingredient adds rigidity and structure.

Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol - The acetyl ester of lanolin alcohol. This is derived from lanolin, a by-product of the wool industry. This is a very good conditioner for dry, chapped lips.

Mineral Oil - A refined liquid obtained from petroleum. This ingredient adds emolliency to the lips.

Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides - This is the end product of a reaction using soybean oil. This ingredient adds structure and rigidity to the product. Also, it provides conditioning for dry, chapped lips.

Are there any animal by-products in Bonne Bell cosmetics?
Lanolin - Lanolin is a natural, renewable raw material derived from shorn wool - a cruelty free by-product of wool washing which, if not utilized, would increase environmental problems associated with disposal.

Beeswax - Regarding the beeswax we use, it is collected from honey. After the honey is extracted, the beeswax is left and it is processed for the cosmetic and other industries that use it. It is not, by any means, obtained in any inhumane way.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No