October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by naskell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so disappointed in this product. It's quite thin and watery and has very poor coverage which I had suspected might be the case since other light reflective concealer pens I've tried have been like this. However, the worst part is that it is really drying and cakey. I agree with one of the other reviewers who said it makes fine lines around the eye very obvious which are not visible with other products. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohh how I love this. I decided to test it after watching Lisa Eldridge. I tested it 3 times at different days to be sure about it and then run to buy it. It is 100 times better than any other concealers I've tried. It does not settle into my fine lines, covers lightly, brightens my under eye area naturally, even I can't understand if I'm wearing it or not. I'm NW20 and wear the lightest shade in this concealer. It looks too pink if you test it on your hand but go for it if you're pale, you'll not believe how it looks wonderful. Thank you Lisa!

If you have dark undereye circles, test it before buying, cause this is not a heavy concealer. I don't have dark circles but due to my see-through skin my green veins are visible. After I use this concealer, I can still see my veins but they look very faded. Also, I always use it after I moisturize my eye area.

Btw, I started to love Clinique MUAs, they are very generous and give wonderful samples every time I make a purchase or pass by.

EDIT: I used it as an eyelid primer on a holiday -didn't take painterly with me 'cause wanted to pack light- and loved its performance. Evens out skin tone, does not cause any crease. Perfetto!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching Lisa Eldridge use it over and over again in her videos. I love that it's light weight as I don't like packing too much of anything around the eye area. It works well when I don't have really dark circles or puffiness and does add some illumination to the under eye area.
Only problem I have with it is that the product I purchased developed a really horrible smell after a couple of uses. Almost like the product had gone off. Not sure if this happens a lot with it or just with mine!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by locadiva

An OK concealer, but nok great. It does illuminate, but it's too light weight so I don't feel it covers enough. It settles in my fine lines -that I don't see unless I use this product...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like other I got this after watching Lisa Elderige on Youtube. This is one concealer that she uses on her self and on her clients and brides ( she says that it photografs well).
I got it at duty-free on my trip to Prague and the price wasn't to bad. In stores here that I live it is on the more expensive side...
I have oily and acne prone skin and this is one of few concealers that doesn't break me out. It does last quit well but I wouldn't call it longlasting. After a workday I still have it under my eyes but on my problem areas (that also is more oily) it has melted off to some degree. It can crease and go in my fine lines under the eyes if I use a to heavy eyecream, but not as people are going to se.
On the Clinique website they say that the coverage is sheer and the finish is illuminating. On me the coverage is more to the light side and it has a sheen but not glittery or sparkly. More semimatte.
The only problem that I have with this concealer is the colors. 01 is to pink on me, 02 is to orange, so I got 04 that is to light but with a little bronzer on top it's ok.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This works as an illuminator quite well, brightnening the eye area. For me it doesn't give very much coverage, maybe its because its more liquidy so its not opaque or maybe my under eye circles are just too dark? Because of this I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best undereye illuminator/corrector I've ever bought, and for the fraction of the price. I could actually compare it to YSL's Touche Eclat and Lancome's Teint Miracle. I've got an olive toned skin color so the lady recommended that I use one with a pinkish undertone. She made me test 01 in fair. At first I was hesitant to try it because it was a completely different shade and undertone from what I would normally use. After trying it out, I completely fell in love with it. My tired and puffy eyes looked so much brighter.

Another thing, If you've got fair skin they recommend using one with a yellowish undertone.

Please take note that this little pen isn't exactly a heavy concealer that covers imperfections. That's why read the box first ladies... It says airbrush concealer illuminator. It has a semi-medium coverage tint with added brightness to it, which is good for dark raccoon undereyes like mine. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a bit of a more natural look without making your undereyes look cakey and flaky. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's a miscategorization to consider it a concealer. The pigmentation is really light that you're really not going to be able to cover anything that requires heavy duty coverage. Like many, I was introduced to this product by watching Lisa Eldridge's videos. What it does do is create the illusion of brightness with it's light reflecting and illuminating properties. You don't need to apply a ton of product to get this effect. The brush tip applicator is pretty good at distributing spare amounts of product and the tip stays neat and clean. I usually just use my fingers to spread and blend it. I only apply it to the shadowiest area under my eye (say, the arc from my inner lower eye corner to mid eye, while still leaving space between inner lower rim and line of product) and then to the outer end of my eye and then blend. The effect is brightening though I can still see the slightly dark circle peeking through.

On days where I need more heavy duty coverage I use the Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer layer over an eye cream.

Again, for what it does, I think the product is very nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by michtou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing only after having tested Airbrush. My issues:
-slight to medium shadows under the eyes
-skin under the eyes is becoming slightly crepey and (most worryingly) fine-lined

I'm an NW25 and I've been happily using MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NW25) with only excellent results. Lisa Eldridge turned me on to the idea of Airbrush and I'm considering it for 2 reasons:
1. I'm curious to try a brightener/highlighter as heavy dark circles are not really a problem for me
2. I'm really unhappy with the packaging of MAC Pro Longwear. I've wasted an unimaginable amount of product over the past few months. (Note: this may not be a problem for women who use a lot of this or use more to conceal marks and spots).

So, my feelings on Airbrush?
-the Clinique SA felt like she was putting on tons of product & that was worrisome
-when I looked in the mirror, though, my eyes appeared refreshed and brightened and I didn't see a lot of concealer
-2 hours later, however, when I looked at my eyes in sunlight: the product seemed to have almost dried out my skin and then settled into the lines that I'm trying to forget about! I blended and patted the product and it looked much better....I think the SA did in fact use too much
-8 hours later: not bad. The coverage is light and unlike the MAC b/c my corner-of-eye shadowing is coming through again.

I am going to buy this and see how it goes. I've a feeling that I'll alternate between this and the MAC, using this on days where my eyes are in need of only minimal help. I know this is half the price of Touch Eclat, but I still think it's a bit pricey for the amount. Watch this space for an update!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is OK. I use this as a highlighter under my eyes, browbone, cheeks and cupids bow. I do not think will repurchase as I'm not sure I need this.

UPDATE: After switching to Origins skincare i do not need foundation and concealer anymore:)