December 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had very high expectations of this product seeing as everyone liked it. Upon my first application, I was sorely disappointed. Compared to my Cle de peau concealer, this is probably 50% coverage. I do not recommend this for undereye circles. I needed three layers before my any sign of coverage appeared. True I do have darker eye circles, nevertheless this is a time consuming concealer and I will not be repurchasing for its lack of coverage. Even for spots, it didn't work as well. It is almost like a light layer of foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ShannonRosa

I have tried a few concealers for under my eyes and this so far has been the best. it has been the only one i have tried that hasnt caked and looked gross under my eye at the end of the day. i like the yellow tinge to it for one because i have yellow undertones but also because it hides the dark circles better. i have no wrinkles to cover (im seventeen) but just dark circles. overall, its great in terms of no creasing and in terms of colour, but as for coverage its not the greatest. it covers pretty well dont get me wrong i mean i really like this product, it just isnt god like or anything. overall i like this product quite a lot!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by naskell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so disappointed in this product. It's quite thin and watery and has very poor coverage which I had suspected might be the case since other light reflective concealer pens I've tried have been like this. However, the worst part is that it is really drying and cakey. I agree with one of the other reviewers who said it makes fine lines around the eye very obvious which are not visible with other products. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 5:29:00 AM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohh how I love this. I decided to test it after watching Lisa Eldridge. I tested it 3 times at different days to be sure about it and then run to buy it. It is 100 times better than any other concealers I've tried. It does not settle into my fine lines, covers lightly, brightens my under eye area naturally, even I can't understand if I'm wearing it or not. I'm NW20 and wear the lightest shade in this concealer. It looks too pink if you test it on your hand but go for it if you're pale, you'll not believe how it looks wonderful. Thank you Lisa!

If you have dark undereye circles, test it before buying, cause this is not a heavy concealer. I don't have dark circles but due to my see-through skin my green veins are visible. After I use this concealer, I can still see my veins but they look very faded. Also, I always use it after I moisturize my eye area.

Btw, I started to love Clinique MUAs, they are very generous and give wonderful samples every time I make a purchase or pass by.

EDIT: I used it as an eyelid primer on a holiday -didn't take painterly with me 'cause wanted to pack light- and loved its performance. Evens out skin tone, does not cause any crease. Perfetto!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by cel1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching Lisa Eldridge use it over and over again in her videos. I love that it's light weight as I don't like packing too much of anything around the eye area. It works well when I don't have really dark circles or puffiness and does add some illumination to the under eye area.
Only problem I have with it is that the product I purchased developed a really horrible smell after a couple of uses. Almost like the product had gone off. Not sure if this happens a lot with it or just with mine!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by locadiva

An OK concealer, but nok great. It does illuminate, but it's too light weight so I don't feel it covers enough. It settles in my fine lines -that I don't see unless I use this product...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Like other I got this after watching Lisa Elderige on Youtube. This is one concealer that she uses on her self and on her clients and brides ( she says that it photografs well).
I got it at duty-free on my trip to Prague and the price wasn't to bad. In stores here that I live it is on the more expensive side...
I have oily and acne prone skin and this is one of few concealers that doesn't break me out. It does last quit well but I wouldn't call it longlasting. After a workday I still have it under my eyes but on my problem areas (that also is more oily) it has melted off to some degree. It can crease and go in my fine lines under the eyes if I use a to heavy eyecream, but not as people are going to se.
On the Clinique website they say that the coverage is sheer and the finish is illuminating. On me the coverage is more to the light side and it has a sheen but not glittery or sparkly. More semimatte.
The only problem that I have with this concealer is the colors. 01 is to pink on me, 02 is to orange, so I got 04 that is to light but with a little bronzer on top it's ok.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This works as an illuminator quite well, brightnening the eye area. For me it doesn't give very much coverage, maybe its because its more liquidy so its not opaque or maybe my under eye circles are just too dark? Because of this I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best undereye illuminator/corrector I've ever bought, and for the fraction of the price. I could actually compare it to YSL's Touche Eclat and Lancome's Teint Miracle. I've got an olive toned skin color so the lady recommended that I use one with a pinkish undertone. She made me test 01 in fair. At first I was hesitant to try it because it was a completely different shade and undertone from what I would normally use. After trying it out, I completely fell in love with it. My tired and puffy eyes looked so much brighter.

Another thing, If you've got fair skin they recommend using one with a yellowish undertone.

Please take note that this little pen isn't exactly a heavy concealer that covers imperfections. That's why read the box first ladies... It says airbrush concealer illuminator. It has a semi-medium coverage tint with added brightness to it, which is good for dark raccoon undereyes like mine. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a bit of a more natural look without making your undereyes look cakey and flaky. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's a miscategorization to consider it a concealer. The pigmentation is really light that you're really not going to be able to cover anything that requires heavy duty coverage. Like many, I was introduced to this product by watching Lisa Eldridge's videos. What it does do is create the illusion of brightness with it's light reflecting and illuminating properties. You don't need to apply a ton of product to get this effect. The brush tip applicator is pretty good at distributing spare amounts of product and the tip stays neat and clean. I usually just use my fingers to spread and blend it. I only apply it to the shadowiest area under my eye (say, the arc from my inner lower eye corner to mid eye, while still leaving space between inner lower rim and line of product) and then to the outer end of my eye and then blend. The effect is brightening though I can still see the slightly dark circle peeking through.

On days where I need more heavy duty coverage I use the Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer layer over an eye cream.

Again, for what it does, I think the product is very nice.