April 24, 2014 | 1371 users online

Concealers - Clinique - Airbrush Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's a miscategorization to consider it a concealer. The pigmentation is really light that you're really not going to be able to cover anything that requires heavy duty coverage. Like many, I was introduced to this product by watching Lisa Eldridge's videos. What it does do is create the illusion of brightness with it's light reflecting and illuminating properties. You don't need to apply a ton of product to get this effect. The brush tip applicator is pretty good at distributing spare amounts of product and the tip stays neat and clean. I usually just use my fingers to spread and blend it. I only apply it to the shadowiest area under my eye (say, the arc from my inner lower eye corner to mid eye, while still leaving space between inner lower rim and line of product) and then to the outer end of my eye and then blend. The effect is brightening though I can still see the slightly dark circle peeking through.

On days where I need more heavy duty coverage I use the Bobbi Brown corrector and concealer layer over an eye cream.

Again, for what it does, I think the product is very nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by michtou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing only after having tested Airbrush. My issues:
-slight to medium shadows under the eyes
-skin under the eyes is becoming slightly crepey and (most worryingly) fine-lined

I'm an NW25 and I've been happily using MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NW25) with only excellent results. Lisa Eldridge turned me on to the idea of Airbrush and I'm considering it for 2 reasons:
1. I'm curious to try a brightener/highlighter as heavy dark circles are not really a problem for me
2. I'm really unhappy with the packaging of MAC Pro Longwear. I've wasted an unimaginable amount of product over the past few months. (Note: this may not be a problem for women who use a lot of this or use more to conceal marks and spots).

So, my feelings on Airbrush?
-the Clinique SA felt like she was putting on tons of product & that was worrisome
-when I looked in the mirror, though, my eyes appeared refreshed and brightened and I didn't see a lot of concealer
-2 hours later, however, when I looked at my eyes in sunlight: the product seemed to have almost dried out my skin and then settled into the lines that I'm trying to forget about! I blended and patted the product and it looked much better....I think the SA did in fact use too much
-8 hours later: not bad. The coverage is light and unlike the MAC b/c my corner-of-eye shadowing is coming through again.

I am going to buy this and see how it goes. I've a feeling that I'll alternate between this and the MAC, using this on days where my eyes are in need of only minimal help. I know this is half the price of Touch Eclat, but I still think it's a bit pricey for the amount. Watch this space for an update!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is OK. I use this as a highlighter under my eyes, browbone, cheeks and cupids bow. I do not think will repurchase as I'm not sure I need this.

UPDATE: After switching to Origins skincare i do not need foundation and concealer anymore:)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness I tested this stuff out before buying! After hearing a lot of buzz about this stuff, I decided to try it. I went to my local counter and had the SA find my shade (medium) and apply it. She informed me that they only had three shades - not sure exactly what they were called but they looked like white, pink and beige. When she finished applying and handed me the mirror - it looked terrible. Within 30 seconds, it had settled in my lines and didn't blend very well at all onto my skin. Heck - it even settled in lines I didn't even know I had. I had to take the SA's brush and a sponge to get it to look decent. I decided to leave it on for a few hours to really see what this stuff could do. After getting home, I looked in the mirror to find it had resettled in my lines. Great. Did my eyes look brighter? Yeah - a little. $19.50's worth better? Um...no.
I would say it's comparable to MUFE's Lift Concealer in terms of texture and application, but way - waaaay lighter coverage. I think this could be a great product for someone who has perfect skin under their eyes. As for the rest of us, keep looking ladies cause this aint' it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ocgirl007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Iam sorry but it was HORRIABLE, I have tried 2 clinque products,
and they are bad just bad make up, it does not cover at all, its cakey
color is blah,

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by ValerieFlowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a great concealer/illuminator pen. I use it almost as I would do with a marker, only on the dark shadowy areas of my face, and I gently pat: under-eye area (NOT the ALL under-eye area, only where needed), in the inner corner of the eyes, on the nose, on the sides of the mouth, on the cupid's bow, above my eyebrows. If used appropriately, it gives a very natural result. If used in the wrong way, it can give cakey results. The packaging is amazing, so easy to carry in your purse to refresh your look. I love it, and I keep it in my kit. I am not a Clinique fan, but It do love this pen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this because I was searching for a cheaper alternative to my beloved Touche Eclat, which I have used to cover my undereye circles and very minor blemishes for a couple of years. Lisa Eldridge is a fan of this and the price is right ($20 copared to $40 for Touche Eclat) so I went with it. Neutral Fair is a perfect match for my NW 25 summer skin. It's a bit yellow which works great for my yellow undertones. The coverage is a bit more substantial than Touche Eclat, and a bit less light-reflective. It's buildable but can look cakey when built up. The brush applicator stinks - you click and click and nothing happens and then suddenly a ton squirts out and you waste a bunch - they need to work on this issue. But as far as the look of it, so far, I love it. It wears really well, better than Touche Eclat actually which can oxidize a bit by the end of the day. This looks perfect at the end of the day and doesn't separate at all or turn orangey. It doesn't cover major blemishes but that's not what I use it for. Overall, I highly recommend and would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by dacy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have used Prescriptives concealer for years, but now that they are OOB, is out of my price range. So, have tried several to no avail. Sales girl showed me Clinique's air~brush & i instantly liked it. Is smooth, crease~less, and doesn't dry out like some. Only reason i didn't give it a 5 is the staying power is not great, though it is better than many i've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

this concealer is great for eyes and spots, okay for redness and has a pinkyness to it. you twist the end of it and it clicks a few times and then you see the concealer come out of the brush in a silky dewy way. the brush is really soft and doesnt irratate the skin, amazing foundation but runs out after about a month.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a dedicated user of the YSL Touche Eclat for about 3 years now after trying many many different types of concealers to mask my under eye circles. I had given this one a try about 4 years ago and it just didn't work out for me. I don't know if it's that I've gotten older, more skilled at using these types of concealers, or that I now use proper under eye skincare, but this is my new favorite concealer! I use the lightest one, and it works great! The orangish shade is great because I'm blue under toned and my circles are even more blue. So the orange completely cancels out the darkness. I was worried that it would be too dark for my skin, but it blends really easily and I only use a tiny amount. I also use a bit of my foundation first, and that seems to help it blend in a bit more. It's a bit more pigmented that the Touche Eclat and way cheaper, so I feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of it. There's been no irritation around my eyes and as long as I set it with a light dusting of powder, there are no smudges. The staying power is just as good as YSL too. It's a great product. I'm so happy that I don't have to spend $42 on my Touche Eclat anymore. I'm generally not a fan of Clinique but I think that they have a few amazing products that really deserve more credit and this is one of them. Thumbs up Clinique!