Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

on 5/21/2009 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product! I have combination skin and I am able to use it every evening in conjunction with my other products. It leaves my face feeling clean and soft. You definitely need to moisturize after because it will leave a dry feeling. I am using my second tube and intend on purchasing another in the future.

on 5/10/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product. It's a little too harsh to use morning and night. However, it works wonderfully to take off makeup at the end of the day. But since, I don't wake up with makeup on, I use a much gentler cleanser in the morning. This product helps to clean my face without drying it out too much. Good product for a decent price.

on 4/28/2009 3:19:00 AM

I waited until I had used up the whole bottle before writing a review for this cleanser. So the verdict is in: definitely a 3. I don't hate it but I don't absolutely love it either. It did an okay job (not great) washing off stubborn make up at the end of the day. It did do its job to not dry out my skin, but my face never felt quite clean and refreshed after using it. I still broke out while using it-I don't think this cleanser caused the break outs at all since I was breaking out before, but it certainly didn't help prevent break outs. To sum it all up, it really wasn't anything special or life changing. If you want a product that does not dry out your skin, won't specifically aid in breakouts but won't cause them either, then this is the perfect product for you. Personally, I needed something that could cleanse a lot more thoroughly, prevent breakouts and not dry out my skin, and this just didn't do it for me.

on 3/20/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is just ok. Didn't make me breakout but didn't clear up any breakouts either. It does clean well and is inexpensive so I would perhaps purchase again but I am looking for something better.

I personally LOVE this product.
I think it has alot to do with your skin type though,
but it can be very drying so i recommend only using it once a day

I absolutely love this cleanser. It's a staple in my skincare routine. It's so gentle and it leaves your skin feeling really soft and clean. I use it every single day and it has never ever irritated my sensitive skin. This is an awesome product.

on 1/24/2009 2:49:00 AM

I am 24 and have acnes all over my chin, the rest of my skin is perfect. So if your have hormonogenic acnes like me. TRY THIS OUT. It smells well and clears your skin well. I've tried Purpose, Mario Badescue, Aveda and all kinds of acne cleansers, by far this one works the best. It even gives some glow to your skin.

on 1/22/2009 8:57:00 PM

This cleanser ruined my skin! It was probably my fault for trying it because since being on Accutane (3 years ago) my skin is dry especially here in Canadian winters... I was using Spectro Jel and that was really good in not drying out my skin, but it was not getting rid of my zits around my chin, so I decided to try out this cleanser after reading some good reviews. After 1 use of this my skin is so irritated it actually hurts. It has become very sensitive even to my HG moisturizer (Ponds Dry Skin Cream). My skin feels scaly which makes my pores around my cheeks look huge! Whenever I work out, the sweat even stings my face... overall I am very distressed! I don't think this cleanser is meant for people with dry/sensitive skin, and I should have done some research before. I have switched back to Spectro Jel in hopes that my skin will get back to normal... If this has happened to anyone else, let me know what I can do to alleviate the irritation!

on 1/1/2009 7:23:00 PM

This cleanser is like heaven for my skin! The creamy texture of this wash is nice beacause its soft and keeps my skin well hydrated while im using it this wash is my go to for my skin it fights acne and dry skin in one I will be holding on to this one for along time!

on 12/31/2008 4:45:00 PM

I haven't used this product in a while, but this was my first acne cleanser when I was 13 or 14 - it worked okay, nothing impressive, but the cream formula is nice when you don't want your skin to dry out. Didn't clog my pores as far as I could remember, but I don't think it did a very good job preventing or cleaning acne.