Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

on 4/28/2009 3:19:00 AM

I waited until I had used up the whole bottle before writing a review for this cleanser. So the verdict is in: definitely a 3. I don't hate it but I don't absolutely love it either. It did an okay job (not great) washing off stubborn make up at the end of the day. It did do its job to not dry out my skin, but my face never felt quite clean and refreshed after using it. I still broke out while using it-I don't think this cleanser caused the break outs at all since I was breaking out before, but it certainly didn't help prevent break outs. To sum it all up, it really wasn't anything special or life changing. If you want a product that does not dry out your skin, won't specifically aid in breakouts but won't cause them either, then this is the perfect product for you. Personally, I needed something that could cleanse a lot more thoroughly, prevent breakouts and not dry out my skin, and this just didn't do it for me.

on 3/20/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is just ok. Didn't make me breakout but didn't clear up any breakouts either. It does clean well and is inexpensive so I would perhaps purchase again but I am looking for something better.

I personally LOVE this product.
I think it has alot to do with your skin type though,
but it can be very drying so i recommend only using it once a day

I absolutely love this cleanser. It's a staple in my skincare routine. It's so gentle and it leaves your skin feeling really soft and clean. I use it every single day and it has never ever irritated my sensitive skin. This is an awesome product.

on 1/24/2009 2:49:00 AM

I am 24 and have acnes all over my chin, the rest of my skin is perfect. So if your have hormonogenic acnes like me. TRY THIS OUT. It smells well and clears your skin well. I've tried Purpose, Mario Badescue, Aveda and all kinds of acne cleansers, by far this one works the best. It even gives some glow to your skin.

on 1/22/2009 8:57:00 PM

This cleanser ruined my skin! It was probably my fault for trying it because since being on Accutane (3 years ago) my skin is dry especially here in Canadian winters... I was using Spectro Jel and that was really good in not drying out my skin, but it was not getting rid of my zits around my chin, so I decided to try out this cleanser after reading some good reviews. After 1 use of this my skin is so irritated it actually hurts. It has become very sensitive even to my HG moisturizer (Ponds Dry Skin Cream). My skin feels scaly which makes my pores around my cheeks look huge! Whenever I work out, the sweat even stings my face... overall I am very distressed! I don't think this cleanser is meant for people with dry/sensitive skin, and I should have done some research before. I have switched back to Spectro Jel in hopes that my skin will get back to normal... If this has happened to anyone else, let me know what I can do to alleviate the irritation!

on 1/1/2009 7:23:00 PM

This cleanser is like heaven for my skin! The creamy texture of this wash is nice beacause its soft and keeps my skin well hydrated while im using it this wash is my go to for my skin it fights acne and dry skin in one I will be holding on to this one for along time!

on 12/31/2008 4:45:00 PM

I haven't used this product in a while, but this was my first acne cleanser when I was 13 or 14 - it worked okay, nothing impressive, but the cream formula is nice when you don't want your skin to dry out. Didn't clog my pores as far as I could remember, but I don't think it did a very good job preventing or cleaning acne.

on 12/17/2008 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was the first acne product I used and I remembered that it worked and that my face was getting better. But, this being my first & I was younger, I didn't keep up with it and used it ever now and then until it finished. When I did use it, it worked though, but I wasn't consistent. I'm not sure why I didn't buy this again.. probably because they came out with other stuff that said it worked better. Hmm, maybe I'll try this again some day. (:

on 12/10/2008 6:48:00 PM

This was my go-to cleanser for *years*. I loved it! The scent is nice (and mild). I love the thick cream texture. It leaves skin smooth and soft and does not overdry. It's a great everyday cleanser and I miss it. I'm currently using a cleanser that also removes my long-wear gel eyeliner in one step.

Unfortunately, this product did nothing for my breakouts or perma-blackheads. (I recently learned about *topical* salicylic acid products, instead of something like this, where the active ingredient is only on your skin a short time and then goes down the drain. I've since had better luck with other products.) That said, I still think this is a great simple cleanser. If i wasn't looking for a double-duty product, I would return to this. I just wouldn't expect it to help breakouts on it's own.