Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

on 3/20/2011 9:00:00 PM

Just to preface, I have combination skin and rarely have issues with dryness. To keep a long story short, the beads were SO rough on my face and made my skin flake like no other!! It feels rather gentle upon application, but don't be fooled! My face was tomato red after using this! Even though the redness went away after a couple hours, it took several days for my face to recover from the dryness and made makeup application a nightmare!!! On the flip side, I will say that it does make your face feel clean (and acne-free, not sure about the blackheads), but there are other products on the market that are far gentler than this! I'll probably end up using this as a body scrub instead!

on 3/16/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I struggle to think of anything that I like about this product. For one, it most certainly does not live up to it's name and clear blackheads! The exfoiliating beads are rough on the skin, and after washing my face with this my skin feels unpleasantly dried out. Anyone with sensitive skin should not touch this with a bargepole! There are far better cleansers out there that are gentler, and not full to the brim with nasty chemicals, that do a much better job.

on 3/13/2011 4:10:00 AM

I loathe this scrub. Not only did it not successfully clear any blackheads, it caused me to break out with whiteheads. As with others, I find the smell off-putting, though I could have dealt with it had the product been right for my skin. I think the little blue beads are a nuisance - I kept finding them around my hair line, even after a really good rinse. I know I could have used it prior to my shampoo, but I like doing my scrub while my conditioner sets - my other scrubs don't screw with my routine, so this one had to go!

Sorry, Clean & Clear - you make one of my least favourite products...ever! Eep!

on 3/8/2011 7:38:00 PM

I, despite all the other reviews on here, really like this face wash. While it doesn't clear blackheads, it definitely has helped to keep my skin free of any breakouts. It might not be the best bet for those with sensitive skin, as the beads can be a tad harsh. The smell is very light and unnoticeable, and this is a no-frills kind of face wash.

on 2/14/2011 10:40:00 PM

The beads hurt and I don't know what it means by clears black heads. It made mine worse. That is if you can even get past the smell. Don't buy.

on 1/12/2011 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smells like mayonnaise.

on 10/17/2010 5:12:00 AM

This has to be one of the worst things I have ever used on my face. Since I've started using this i have experienced one of the worst breakouts on my face ever (i dont normally have a major problem with breakouts). It has a very weird and off putting smell. When using the product i like the way it felt on my skin and i did feel my skin felt smoother and cleaner after. However. It has totally dried out my skin. I usually suffer from oily - combination skin. I have an oily t zone. But my face has been left dry with patchy flakes which has become really itchy and unconfortable. It is a very strong product i wouldnt recoomend for everyday use or if you have a minor acne problem. There are better products out there. I wont be re purchasing this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Worst scrub I have ever bought in my life.The exfoliating beads are way too harsh on my skin, hate the smell, it does nothing for my blackheads, and makes me break out. Never re-purchasing even if it was the last scrub in the world.

on 8/17/2010 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a nice scrub, the smell, the texture. Actually the ONLY C&C DECENT product, I liked it. BUT it does NOT clear BLACKHEADS, at all. So I wonīt give 5 starts. Itīs a nice scrub, I like the smell, the texture and the price is not crazy.
I like that it doesnt dry out your skin like other C&C products do. But itīs not the best scrub ever! Itīs just nice!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

I like the gentle exfoliation this scrub provides. I don't notice any difference with my blackheads. It also works well for behind the ears. :)

Popular Scrubs