October 1, 2014 | 1668 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Creme de Corps

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome product. The only moisturizer that I can use after shaving my legs without causing skin irritation - well worth the slightly higher price. Love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by scubaair

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know this is expensive but it is worth it. I cannot stand the feeling of dry hands so I keep a 8.4 oz bottle on my desk. You an literally feel the high quality of moisturizer in this bottle. It has a luxurious, soft feel and goes on easily. It absorbs well, not too quickly or too greasy. I have tried a lot of hand lotions and I'm very sensitive to smells; even light smelling lotions on my hands can give me a headache in a short amount of time. Before coming across the Creme de Corps, I found it so difficult to find a high quality lotion without a scent. This lotion is exactly what I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by samuellewis

Expensive yes, worth it, yes! Only if you have very dry skin though, if not, i suggest a cheaper alternative such as body shop coconut or almond butter.

However i got this as a gift and love it and one day when ive got enough money, i'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by lacora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very dry, sensitive skin and I've tried many lotions high end and lower end and this is the best Lotion I have ever used for my skin type. This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Cyd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute HG body moisturizer hands down. The consistency of this lotion is incredibly smooth and absorbs quickly into my skin, leaving no greasy residue. The skin is left absolutely silky smooth, unlike any other moisturizer I have used. Though it is a bit expensive, the quality of the product is very luxurious and worth every cent. I have eczema, so my skin gets very irritated if I don't keep it moisturized. This product seriously keeps me smooth all day until my next shower. Definitely recommend and will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by teago

Its taken me a while to realise that I LOVE this! I purchased it in the US so it was about $10 cheaper than it is here in Australia.
I used it and didnt give it a second thought really. But now that Im home, I stand there for about a minute trying to decide between this and my other, cheaper(inferior lol), lotion and I always choose this.
Its light but rich and it does exactly what it says it will. I havent used it straight for the 10 days but I notice a big difference even just using it once every 2 days or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ewhitelaw

Rave review! I love this lotion so so much. I use it twice a day and my skin is amaaaaazing! I don't have to worry about body foundation or bronzer or anything to cover imperfection because I don't have any now! It has cleared up any small stretch marks and imperfections and leaves my skins with an amazing inner glow. I really can't recommend this product enough.

Now the down sides: It's a bit greasy, so you do best putting it on straight after a shower/bath and before bed. Secondly, it's super expensive. Like "hide it from my boyfriend so he doesn't laugh" expensive! Luckily, there is a great deal on ebay, where you can order a gallon for about the same price you'll pay for 500mls here in Australia. Problem solved :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Creme de Corps has always been a favorite of mine. I can't count the bottles i've used, and even though it is expensive, at least in Spain (57 Euros 500 mL, 100 Euros 1L bottle), i always have a bottle on hand.
I take good care of my body and i'm a body lotion,cream,butter,balm maniac.I like to indulge in La Mer body cream when i can, but frankly Creme de Corps is just as good, if not better, at a fraction of La Mer.

Most reviews have already said it all. I love it for it's effectiveness, texture, glow it gives, that it is scentless, that it heals a sunburned lobster-red skin and turns it into golden brown overnight, that it goes a long way, that it is creamy, moderately oily at first.
It makes my skin unbelievably soft and smooth, and it last from one day to another, and from one shower to the next.

Kiehl's sampling policy s the best i've met and that's how i got to learn about Creme de Corps in the first place, so if you have doubts about it, ask for some samples or buy the small travel friendly size to get some uses out of it and give time to see the results before committing to the larger more expensive sizes.

For me it is an everyday staple and frankly, along with La Mer, the best moisturizer ever.

Side note to lucky, normal skinned gals and boys: You will find it slightly greasy at first.

An earlier reviewer mentioned a formulation change.I am not sure whether i have tried the old formula or not, but my guess is the reformulation came after Kiehl's was bought by L'Oreal. Nevertheless the current one it is a brilliant one.

Creme de Corps ingredients: (Taken from the bottle, 2011)

Aqua/Water, Squalane,Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PPG-5 Pentaerythrityl Ether, PEG-5 Pentaerythril Ether, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Benzophenone-3, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja/Soybean Sterols, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Olea Europaea/Olive Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis/Sweet Almond Oil, Prunus Armeniaca/Apricot Kernel Oil, Theobroma Cacao/Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Lecithin,Butylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Leaf Juice,Cl 75130/Beta-Carotene.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by christinawho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this lotion! I first got a generous sample of this when I went to the Kiehl's store in NYC over 10 years ago. I was on vacation for a week there and had to visit the Kiehl's store since I had read so much about their lip balm. Back then, Kiehl's wasn't as widely available. I bought the lip balm and I can't remember what else but the SA offered me a sample of this lotion. She said try it, you'll love it and she was right! I tried it that night and loved it so much I had to go back to the store to buy a full-size. My legs tend to be dry and this really moisturized my legs. I've been hooked on this lotion ever since. Nothing comes close.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

With tax, thiis 250 ml (8oz) size comes to Cad$47. The reason I spent this kind of money on a body lotion is to use it on the face. It is very moisturizing; a bit shiny also but I put it on an hour before going to bed, lights out.

I did tried it on my desert dry leg & feet, the moisturization lasted until the next day, usually most lotions are only effective for 4 hours at the most. But at that price, I shall save it for the face.
I will mix a bit of this with those lighter duty moisturizers for daytime use.