July 29, 2014 | 1875 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my #1 blending brush! Its one of the 1st i ever brought and has lasted me about 8 years now. It has never really shed any hair on me and is extremely soft. Best of all, it does its job beautifully! blends away all harsh lines leaving a flawless eyeshadow application. I would totally repurchase if anything happened to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new fave!!!' for crease and blend.. What I like about this is that it is soft like 217 but precise like 222 I use this to apply and blend crease fantastic!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush, my nwest and latest addition finally to my mac brush collection..i love love love it!...I had chose the 217 previously..love it too. The 224 blends like a dream ..it is a tad bit large but it doesnt mess up my blending work. Not recommend it if u have small lids..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is so multi-functional! I use it to apply eyeshadow to the crease, blend concealer, contour my nose, etc. Not only does it work for many purposes, it performs well in all the tasks listed above. This used to be my favorite brush for applying eyeshadow to the crease, but I recently found the Armani Large Eye Contour Brush to be even better than the 224. But for its price range, the 224 is the best for its functionality and efficiency.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

BEST BEST blending brush ever. It moves color and blends them together so effortlessly and beautifully, this brush pulls together any eye shadow look. Its super soft and fluffy but firm enough to blend the colors seamlessly and not spead it out too far or make it muddy. This is the BEST blending brush ever and I totally adore it. However, i barely put color on this brush because I'm asian and it's a bit too big for my crease but i just use it to go over and blend shadow colors i already have on to create a beautiful seamless finish on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by mrs924

IN LOVE WITH THIS BRUSH. i dont know what else to say. it blends so well theres nothing else like it. i also love the 217 but for more dense color.. they cannot even be compared in my opinion. both amazing brushes. but 224. AMAZING. i definitely plan on buying a second one! =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the mac 217 brush is my FAVORITE brush for blending...i heard good things about the 224 so i wanted to try it out. i'm asian with no crease, very limited lid space. this brush is entirely too big for my eye. when i try to blend w/it, parts of the brush overflow into my eye bc there are so many bristles and i just don't have the lid space for the brush to be effective. it ends up muddying all the colors. however, the brush is very soft and i haven't had problems w/shedding or anything like that, but i will stick to the 217 just bc it is smaller. i think this would be a great brush for those w/more lid space; it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by wincystar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i use this big fluffy brush for concealer! it does a perfect job for concealing the undereye area, and i was very amazed how well it cover other blemishes too... it really gives a airbrush look and im totally in love with it! i got mine with a pro card so it was a bit cheaper than usual! simple love for this! not sure how well it works as a eye shadow brush as i do my e/s blending with the 217!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Vaunted as the perfect brush for blending out harsh lines between colours, as a person with a medium amount of space between my lash line and my browbone I unfortunately find this brush too large for that purpose. I only really use it now to apply the sheerest of washes, since it is definitely too large for me to use as a crease brush. For the price you pay, the bristles are scratchy and have an annoying tendency to splay after washing. In short, this brush lacks the precision I require, even in a blending brush. For diffusing harsh lines, contouring or applying crease colour I recommend instead the Chanel #12 Contour Shadow brush, especially if you have Asian eyes, or do not have a large lid space to work with.