MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush

4.4

on 9/11/2011 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay, the price is horrendous, BUT I had to buy it as soon as I could! Why? Because the price of brushes keeps going up! Anyway, yes, this is a super brush for diffusing colors. It keeps harsh edges away from your lines. It's a little too big for crease work. I have small eyes, so I use the 217 for that. It's really a great brush to have in your arsenal. No regrets buying at all!

on 9/2/2011 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

blend, blend, blend! this is the must have blending brush! it's perfect for blending out smokey eyes! i dont apply any eyeshadow on it, i just use it for blending. wonderful brush! :)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use this brush for my concealer. It does a good job of blending out the concealer without making it look cakey. Gives a nice airbrush look. However I regret buying it for two reasons. 1. It sheds like crazy even after I washed it 2. It is expensive. I wouldn't mind the cost if it wasn't for the shedding.

on 7/27/2011 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Blends great but it's scratchy as all get out! I like the MAC 217 much better

on 7/20/2011 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this brush comes in so handy if you do a lot of blending, or if you just need a fluffy brush

on 6/27/2011 10:52:00 PM

It's a nice blending brush but I'm taking one lippie off for the price, and worse, it actually sheds/breaks off on my lid when I'm blending.

It's also a tad too big for my small lids, so I won't be buying another one.

on 6/14/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really love my 224! This brush often gets over looked because of the 217 (which is my #1 brush). Even though the two brushes look very similar, they apply color very differently. The 224 is great for putting shadow in your crease (if you want something softer than the 217), but my main use is for highlighting under the brows. It applies just enough color that it catches in the sunlight, but I don't look like a drag queen.

I've also started using the brush for under eye concealer (I use MACs select cover up) and, in my opinion, works better than a traditional concealer brush because it really gets into your fine lines.

on 6/12/2011 11:12:00 PM

I bought this brush to be a blending brush without product. It ended up being my main brush. I have hooded lids, so while I like the 222, it has a smaller radius of adding eyeshadow into my crease and I need the color to go into my crease and above to see it at all. The 224 is perfect for that, but if you have smaller lids and want more precise placement, you might want to look into the 222.

on 6/6/2011 4:25:00 PM

I love this brush! It is great for blending out harsh lines and leaving a flawless look.

on 5/14/2011 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is my #1 blending brush! Its one of the 1st i ever brought and has lasted me about 8 years now. It has never really shed any hair on me and is extremely soft. Best of all, it does its job beautifully! blends away all harsh lines leaving a flawless eyeshadow application. I would totally repurchase if anything happened to it.