November 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ShoeGalKayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love my 224! This brush often gets over looked because of the 217 (which is my #1 brush). Even though the two brushes look very similar, they apply color very differently. The 224 is great for putting shadow in your crease (if you want something softer than the 217), but my main use is for highlighting under the brows. It applies just enough color that it catches in the sunlight, but I don't look like a drag queen.

I've also started using the brush for under eye concealer (I use MACs select cover up) and, in my opinion, works better than a traditional concealer brush because it really gets into your fine lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by prplkat

I bought this brush to be a blending brush without product. It ended up being my main brush. I have hooded lids, so while I like the 222, it has a smaller radius of adding eyeshadow into my crease and I need the color to go into my crease and above to see it at all. The 224 is perfect for that, but if you have smaller lids and want more precise placement, you might want to look into the 222.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by LeahM426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It is great for blending out harsh lines and leaving a flawless look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my #1 blending brush! Its one of the 1st i ever brought and has lasted me about 8 years now. It has never really shed any hair on me and is extremely soft. Best of all, it does its job beautifully! blends away all harsh lines leaving a flawless eyeshadow application. I would totally repurchase if anything happened to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new fave!!!' for crease and blend.. What I like about this is that it is soft like 217 but precise like 222 I use this to apply and blend crease fantastic!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this brush, my nwest and latest addition finally to my mac brush collection..i love love love it!...I had chose the 217 previously..love it too. The 224 blends like a dream ..it is a tad bit large but it doesnt mess up my blending work. Not recommend it if u have small lids..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is so multi-functional! I use it to apply eyeshadow to the crease, blend concealer, contour my nose, etc. Not only does it work for many purposes, it performs well in all the tasks listed above. This used to be my favorite brush for applying eyeshadow to the crease, but I recently found the Armani Large Eye Contour Brush to be even better than the 224. But for its price range, the 224 is the best for its functionality and efficiency.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

BEST BEST blending brush ever. It moves color and blends them together so effortlessly and beautifully, this brush pulls together any eye shadow look. Its super soft and fluffy but firm enough to blend the colors seamlessly and not spead it out too far or make it muddy. This is the BEST blending brush ever and I totally adore it. However, i barely put color on this brush because I'm asian and it's a bit too big for my crease but i just use it to go over and blend shadow colors i already have on to create a beautiful seamless finish on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by mrs924

IN LOVE WITH THIS BRUSH. i dont know what else to say. it blends so well theres nothing else like it. i also love the 217 but for more dense color.. they cannot even be compared in my opinion. both amazing brushes. but 224. AMAZING. i definitely plan on buying a second one! =)