MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

3.8

on 12/10/2009 3:31:00 AM

Hate. Hate. My mostest hated Mac eyeshadow. I like the colour, but like with everyone else, it's the texture/finish of th eyeshadow itself that I hate. It doesn't even have a colour, it's just pieces of glitter packed together. This has put me off of lustres and made me not purchase Tempting, another lustre.

on 12/1/2009 1:22:00 AM

love this color. its a great base and is perfect for lids and under the brow. really shimmery and pretty!

on 11/20/2009 5:52:00 PM

pretty peachy color, but its just way too glittery, its not luster, its glitter. it created so much fall out and went on unevenly, with Urban Decay Primer Potion, sometimes even a cream shadow. Not to mention there's a weird slick coating that the shadow took on in the pan. definitely was not my favorite, i do like it as an inner corner highlight for my blue eyes but not so much as an all over lid color.

on 10/12/2009 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this as I'd seen it used on FOTD pictures and thought it was a beautiful colour. I understood there would be some fallout and it could be tricky to make work and I was ready for that.

However, I get no colour payoff using it, only large glitter pieces that end up falling all over my face. I've tried using it wet and it just looks gritty. I've had more success when I've tried over bases like paints, however the payoff isn't enough to make this worth the effort.

on 9/25/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This colour was soooo disappointing! It looks lovely and then even when i swatched it, it was lovely....but on my eye it looks like a big dry mess ! It looks like rough skin or something even though my eyes are perfectly moisturised (thanks to my EyeCon-Benefit :).

Really upset with this product MAC...the texture lets it down !!

on 8/31/2009 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

As much as I love the colour of this eyeshadow, the texture of this lustre is a nightmare. The particles seemed to separate as soon as I swiped it out of the pan, and left a mess around my eyes, even if I patted it on.

on 8/13/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I can't stand the consistency of this eyeshadow. It is not blendable, it is coarse and glittery. My most despised eyeshadow from mac! I gave it one lippie for the color, because the color is gorgeous. If you like the color, I suggest Lorac Serenity eyeshadow which is almost the same color as Honey Lust, except it is slightly more wearable and prettier, and it applies like a dream. Serenity is soft and luxurious, and never ever gritty like Honey Lush. And the fallout, don't even get me started on that!

on 8/6/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I left this behind many times over the past 5 years due to extreme fallout! Finally the MA said put it on something wet. So now I either use a wet brush, eyedrops, or directly after putting on my paint. (no drying time.. one eye at a time--paint then shadow and repeat on the other side) Now I can see the light! And it is the prettiest light champagne with pink/bronze color! Brightens the entire eye area.
Hmm, I wonder if this will work with Mythology...the other Lustre I've shunned for life??

UPDATE: I am totally digging the wet finger application suggested a few doors down :) Thanks

on 8/1/2009 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a really pretty color, i have brown eyes and it gives that subtle bronze shimmer for a night out or classy evening look, its really sparkly though and it sorta falls loose after awhile, however i suggest using an eyeshadow primer before hand -such as too faced shadow insurance or urbdan decay primer potion- this really brings out the color and makes it stay put so there is no loose shadow coming off your face, overall a good eyeshadow try it on before you purchase it to make sure you like it though!

on 7/28/2009 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

my MA used this on me during my wedding events, on the day that I wanted a more natural look, she applied this wet on top of a base as just a wash. I think it looked fabulous with just some mascara and liner. It really brightened my eyes and made them pop. There is a lot of fall out, but I have been unable to find a color with a comparable finish.

Top Rated MAC Products