Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I was underwhelmed by this product. It provide some coverage for my fairly noticeable dark circles but not enough to really impress me. On the plus side, it didn't crease and was easy to blend. But it wasn't long-lasting - I wear glasses and I noticed that quite a lot came off on the part that presses on either side of my nose. I hate, hate, hate the applicator - I had to turn the click pen many times before any product would come out, and then it would just ooze out way too much. I also don't like the spongy tip. I put a blob on my hand, then used my clean fingers to apply and then blended with a brush. It comes in a very limited range of colours, none of which are suitable for very dark or very pale skin. There are many other really good inexpensive under eye concealers available, so I would give this one a pass. It's not terrible, but it's not worth $10 either.

on 5/20/2011 7:27:00 PM

This concealer is decent for a drugstore product, and the formula is thick and conceals fairly well. However, this only comes in 3 shades, and it failed to make my skin appear flawless.

on 5/13/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product was not packaged well and did not last very long.
For under my eyes the formula was way too thick and cakey and creased terribly.
The concealer is better for blemishes , but I still find it too thick.
I would not re buy this product nor reccomend it.

on 5/2/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this in deep so it would be peachy enough to conceal my moderate dark circles. First of all, PLEASE dispense this on your finger or a brush first because using that sponge tip over and over is going to harvest bacteria. Ew.

Despite the annoying click-pen, sponge tip packaging, the product is okay. It is slightly too dark but I can blend it out. Apply and blend quickly because this dries on the skin fast.

Pros: It lasts all day when set with a powder and does a decent job covering my hereditary dark circles.

Cons: Don't use too much! It will get cakey looking and even uglier when a powder is put on. It can also look a bit orangey so watch out if your skin is more pinkish.

I wouldn't repurchase this though. It's not a great skin match and is really annoying to use when in a rush.

I'm NC25 and I bought the light/medium one since you usually need a darker concealer to hide your dark circles. It does an okay job at covering dark circles but it does get cakey and settle into fine lines throughout the day. It's not moisturizing enough I guess.
I actually bought this out of a whim because it was on a sale at RiteAid. I didn't have much expectations and it actually was an okay product overall. I'm still in search for a good concealer for my dry under eye circles!

on 4/7/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This concealer works well when covering up the circle under my eyes, but to blemishes and redness. Not so much. I wouldn't buy this concealer again.

on 4/5/2011 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the Under Eye Concealer.
The product itself is GREAT.
Awesome coverage with a very light and smooth finish, doesn't cake or feel heavy at all.
I use for the under eye area and on my face to conceal hyper pigmentation.
I am fair with dark under eye circles and the light/medium shade works wonderfully because its peach tint counteracts the darkness and really brightens up the area.
My biggest problem with this concealer is its awful packaging. First of all, you get very little product for the prize, a ridiculously tiny amount of product if you ask me.
Second, the mechanism is VERY annoying, and it is hard to control how much product will come out. Third, the sponge applicator is practically useless and absorbs too much product. I love Revlon concealers and since I tried the one from their Age Defying line (which has like 10 times more product and costs almost the same as the Colorstay in my country), I'm never going back to Colorstay unless they change the package and they stop being so stingy with the amount of product!

on 4/5/2011 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eh. It works fine to cover my under eye circles but the packaging makes it not worth it. I twist the bottom to make it come out, which it does, but several seconds after i twist it and all at once. Also, i noticed some caking. Decent, but i'd like somehting better.

on 3/16/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice concealer but it's too dark for my fair skin. It didn't last very long either.

on 3/3/2011 2:25:00 AM

Love the product, hate the packaging. It's not very hygienic at all to use this under your eyes as it can absorb bacteria and there's no way to clean it. I would suggest you dispense this onto a clean finger instead. And I'm not having the issue of too much product coming out of the tube either.

This is the only under eye concealer I have used that doesn't crease when set with a translucent powder and it does a great job of hiding my dark circles. They've gotten pretty ridiculous working and going to college full time. So in other words, this keeps me from looking like a zombie. I also love the fact that this is fair enough for my skin. It's so hard to find a concealer that isn't too light or dark. It also has no glitter or shimmer in it at all. I never really understood how putting a ton of shimmer in a concealer is supposed to conceal anything.