Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.4%), Zinc Oxide (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Polyisobutene, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Serica Poudre de Soie (Silk Powder), Serica Soie (Silk), Alumina, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Silica, Polyethylene, PEG/PPG 20/15 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I'm NC25 and I bought the light/medium one since you usually need a darker concealer to hide your dark circles. It does an okay job at covering dark circles but it does get cakey and settle into fine lines throughout the day. It's not moisturizing enough I guess.
I actually bought this out of a whim because it was on a sale at RiteAid. I didn't have much expectations and it actually was an okay product overall. I'm still in search for a good concealer for my dry under eye circles!

on 4/7/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This concealer works well when covering up the circle under my eyes, but to blemishes and redness. Not so much. I wouldn't buy this concealer again.

on 4/5/2011 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the Under Eye Concealer.
The product itself is GREAT.
Awesome coverage with a very light and smooth finish, doesn't cake or feel heavy at all.
I use for the under eye area and on my face to conceal hyper pigmentation.
I am fair with dark under eye circles and the light/medium shade works wonderfully because its peach tint counteracts the darkness and really brightens up the area.
My biggest problem with this concealer is its awful packaging. First of all, you get very little product for the prize, a ridiculously tiny amount of product if you ask me.
Second, the mechanism is VERY annoying, and it is hard to control how much product will come out. Third, the sponge applicator is practically useless and absorbs too much product. I love Revlon concealers and since I tried the one from their Age Defying line (which has like 10 times more product and costs almost the same as the Colorstay in my country), I'm never going back to Colorstay unless they change the package and they stop being so stingy with the amount of product!

on 4/5/2011 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eh. It works fine to cover my under eye circles but the packaging makes it not worth it. I twist the bottom to make it come out, which it does, but several seconds after i twist it and all at once. Also, i noticed some caking. Decent, but i'd like somehting better.

on 3/16/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice concealer but it's too dark for my fair skin. It didn't last very long either.

on 3/3/2011 2:25:00 AM

Love the product, hate the packaging. It's not very hygienic at all to use this under your eyes as it can absorb bacteria and there's no way to clean it. I would suggest you dispense this onto a clean finger instead. And I'm not having the issue of too much product coming out of the tube either.

This is the only under eye concealer I have used that doesn't crease when set with a translucent powder and it does a great job of hiding my dark circles. They've gotten pretty ridiculous working and going to college full time. So in other words, this keeps me from looking like a zombie. I also love the fact that this is fair enough for my skin. It's so hard to find a concealer that isn't too light or dark. It also has no glitter or shimmer in it at all. I never really understood how putting a ton of shimmer in a concealer is supposed to conceal anything.

on 2/28/2011 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Got it cheap but it doesn't cover very well. This is a very light concealer. Hate the packaging.

on 2/19/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I do have darkness under my eyes but its not that bad so it works great for me. Its not too pink or too yellow for me. I get this in light. I pat in under my eye. I don't need too much. Then I set it with powder.

Confession: I actually use this as a zit cover up. It works well, blends easily and doesn't look like I'm wearing concealer. I only have to reapply it once or twice a day. Lasts longer than more expensive ones I've had, like Benefit Erase Paste. I use it in Fair.

I have used it for under eye circles a couple times and it didn't totally eliminate mine (which are pretty dark). If you have major discoloration that you want to eliminate, this might not be strong enough for you.

No problems with flakiness or dryness. I do have oily skin, but not under my eyes! I'm not sure why people hate this product so much, I actually can't live without it and it's one of my 4 everyday essentials.

Admittedly the packaging is sort of annoying but all click products are. I never use the sponge applicator; I just dab with my finger. As an aside, the SPF 15 gives really good protection (Zinc Oxide) unlike most makeup products out there.

on 2/14/2011 10:07:00 PM

I've just realised from looking at the picture of the packaging on here that this is the concealer I was using for ages until I discovered L'oreal touche magique. (TM was my HG concealer until I discovered L'oreal tested on animals so now I'm in the concealer market again).

This isn't the best concealer for covering blemishes, there are better ones on the market. You're still left with the redness and basically it just doesn't cover them. I don't know how this would work under eyes as I never used it there myself. I also found the colour selection to be quite poor. This is nowhere near as good as the Colourstay foundation.