September 30, 2014 | 1711 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Under Eye Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Under Eye Concealer.
The product itself is GREAT.
Awesome coverage with a very light and smooth finish, doesn't cake or feel heavy at all.
I use for the under eye area and on my face to conceal hyper pigmentation.
I am fair with dark under eye circles and the light/medium shade works wonderfully because its peach tint counteracts the darkness and really brightens up the area.
My biggest problem with this concealer is its awful packaging. First of all, you get very little product for the prize, a ridiculously tiny amount of product if you ask me.
Second, the mechanism is VERY annoying, and it is hard to control how much product will come out. Third, the sponge applicator is practically useless and absorbs too much product. I love Revlon concealers and since I tried the one from their Age Defying line (which has like 10 times more product and costs almost the same as the Colorstay in my country), I'm never going back to Colorstay unless they change the package and they stop being so stingy with the amount of product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by rebe360

Eh. It works fine to cover my under eye circles but the packaging makes it not worth it. I twist the bottom to make it come out, which it does, but several seconds after i twist it and all at once. Also, i noticed some caking. Decent, but i'd like somehting better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice concealer but it's too dark for my fair skin. It didn't last very long either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by PeepBunnies

Love the product, hate the packaging. It's not very hygienic at all to use this under your eyes as it can absorb bacteria and there's no way to clean it. I would suggest you dispense this onto a clean finger instead. And I'm not having the issue of too much product coming out of the tube either.

This is the only under eye concealer I have used that doesn't crease when set with a translucent powder and it does a great job of hiding my dark circles. They've gotten pretty ridiculous working and going to college full time. So in other words, this keeps me from looking like a zombie. I also love the fact that this is fair enough for my skin. It's so hard to find a concealer that isn't too light or dark. It also has no glitter or shimmer in it at all. I never really understood how putting a ton of shimmer in a concealer is supposed to conceal anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ckunkel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got it cheap but it doesn't cover very well. This is a very light concealer. Hate the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do have darkness under my eyes but its not that bad so it works great for me. Its not too pink or too yellow for me. I get this in light. I pat in under my eye. I don't need too much. Then I set it with powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by internationalshoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Confession: I actually use this as a zit cover up. It works well, blends easily and doesn't look like I'm wearing concealer. I only have to reapply it once or twice a day. Lasts longer than more expensive ones I've had, like Benefit Erase Paste. I use it in Fair.

I have used it for under eye circles a couple times and it didn't totally eliminate mine (which are pretty dark). If you have major discoloration that you want to eliminate, this might not be strong enough for you.

No problems with flakiness or dryness. I do have oily skin, but not under my eyes! I'm not sure why people hate this product so much, I actually can't live without it and it's one of my 4 everyday essentials.

Admittedly the packaging is sort of annoying but all click products are. I never use the sponge applicator; I just dab with my finger. As an aside, the SPF 15 gives really good protection (Zinc Oxide) unlike most makeup products out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've just realised from looking at the picture of the packaging on here that this is the concealer I was using for ages until I discovered L'oreal touche magique. (TM was my HG concealer until I discovered L'oreal tested on animals so now I'm in the concealer market again).

This isn't the best concealer for covering blemishes, there are better ones on the market. You're still left with the redness and basically it just doesn't cover them. I don't know how this would work under eyes as I never used it there myself. I also found the colour selection to be quite poor. This is nowhere near as good as the Colourstay foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by janeleeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I generally have bad luck with concealers, and this one isn't perfect, either. It has been the best I've found so far, though. It covers my undereye circles and can hide any redness/blemishes on my face. Lasts for a long time, and I like that it's a click pen and not just an open pot or jar - not only is it more sanitary, but it's also less likely to spill and cause a mess. I've tried other concealers, but I always seem to go back to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by jlattridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This product isn't the WORST but I wouldn't buy it again. I am 27 and just started getting bags under my eyes. Once I dyed my hair dark they became so much more noticable this winter on my pale skin. This concealer improves them but still leaves a bit of colour under my eyes. I had no problem with caking. It might work better if you wear foundation over top but most days when I'm working I only wear concealer and I think I can do better than this. Like I said, my underye circles aren't that bad to begin with so I don't recommend this.