NARS Lovejoy

4.4

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I bought Lovejoy last summer for $25 at Sephora. It looked so beautiful on my MAC NW43 skin that I went back and bought a backup. Shortly after buying it I began breaking out on my cheeks. The blush was so georgeous that I just kept using it until I had to face the reality that it didn't work for my combination/sensitive skin. It is such a beautiful color, but it is too harsh for my skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lovely bronze-y rose blush, more bronze than rose. I have light to medium skin, and sometimes when I apply this, it comes out as more of a brown blush, then a natural looking flush. I feel I probably need to save this for when I have a little color on my face from the summer months. I really like using this as a change from my normal peach and pink blushes. It gives my skin a slight "kissed from the sun" look. I don't have much trouble with my brush picking up too much color, but it's definitely not something you want to pile on if you're fair. For reference, I wear Medium Beige in Bare Escentuals, Sunny Beige in Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation, and Sand in Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation.

So this blush is my 4th NARS blush I also have super orgasm,torrid, and sin,and I have to say it is definately ithe most natural on my skin tone. At first I wasn't sure if I should purchase this blush because in the pan it looked like more of a bronzer than a blush and
I'm not a big fan of bronzers.
But I saw it on a girl with a
similar skin tone to mine and it
looked really pretty so I
decided to buy it. When I first
applied it I thought it might be too brown to show up on my cheeks but with just a swipe of the blush in gave my cheeks a nice healthy bronzy/rose color. This blush is a very unique color it's not so bronze as to just be a bronzer, and not so rosy as to make it a regular rose blush, it also has a gold shimmer to it (like sin not orgasm) I think this blush woud look really beautiful on medium to dark skin tones. It gives my cheeks that just talked to your crush flush it very beautiful and natural. Don't let the color in the pan fool you this blush is a beautiful unique color and I'm really happy I bought it. And like all NARS blushes it super pigmented so not that much product is needed to achieve the look you want.

Love this blush. Despite being an anti-shimmer/sparkle girl, this blush applies so subtly and beautifully that I actually like the hint of shimmer. WARNING: I use a skunk brush, so if you are naturally heavy handed or use a brush that picks up a major load of pigment be aware you may end up looking like Bozette the Clown. Otherwise, it is the perfect blush for pale gals, looking for a natural blush/bronzer mix for this spring and summer.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love, love, love this blush! I'am nc50 and this blush shows up a nice rosey bronze. A little goes a long way. Will definatly repurchase this blush.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color might be pretty on someone with different skin tone. But on me alot of brown shows up and this is harder to blend then other NARS blushes ( like my favorite Gina) . For reference I am NW 25 skintone, olive. Hate NARS packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Lovejoy is very pigmented bronze blush with red undertones. It comes off too rosey on my NC40 skin(I'm alot lighter in the winter), so I need to make sure I apply it very lightly but recommend it if you are darker than NC40. Wouldn't really recommend it for pale skin...

I'm kind of on the fence about Lovejoy. It's a pretty rosy bronze color with little gold shimmer. Very pigmented. The packaging got scuffed first day in my make up bag. As for the blush, I agree that its all about application. Too much and I look sunburned. My husband asked if I had a fever the first time I used this. But even with a light hand, this didn't give me that rosy glow that I was looking for. It made me looked flush as though I had just finished exercising and that's not really the look I like. I guess it pulled more red on me than rose. So if you're looking for that natural believeable blush then this is it. I've started using Benefit Dallas again but I'm going to keep lovejoy around for the summer. Hopefully I'll like it better once my NC30ish skin warms up a bit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This blush is a rose-toned color that I think would be pretty flattering on most skin tones, except for maybe the fairest Although, it could be said that with a light hand, this blush could be universally flattering. I personally adore it, because it gives a glowing rosy cheek that can be worn day or night. With this blush, it all depends on the application.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love joy...I love Love Joy. It is a great nudey rosy brown color. I wear it to work almost every day. It gives me a wonderful pinky/browny glow. The blush looks like it has a lot of gold glitter/sparkle, but like other Nars blushes the glitter does not show at all on my cheeks. I think that's a plus because I hate glittery/shimmery blushes. However, if you are looking for a glittery/shimmery blush, this may not be the blush for you. Try it out, it is wonderful.

Top Rated NARS Products