NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 3/28/2010 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love, love, love this blush! I'am nc50 and this blush shows up a nice rosey bronze. A little goes a long way. Will definatly repurchase this blush.

on 3/16/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color might be pretty on someone with different skin tone. But on me alot of brown shows up and this is harder to blend then other NARS blushes ( like my favorite Gina) . For reference I am NW 25 skintone, olive. Hate NARS packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Lovejoy is very pigmented bronze blush with red undertones. It comes off too rosey on my NC40 skin(I'm alot lighter in the winter), so I need to make sure I apply it very lightly but recommend it if you are darker than NC40. Wouldn't really recommend it for pale skin...

I'm kind of on the fence about Lovejoy. It's a pretty rosy bronze color with little gold shimmer. Very pigmented. The packaging got scuffed first day in my make up bag. As for the blush, I agree that its all about application. Too much and I look sunburned. My husband asked if I had a fever the first time I used this. But even with a light hand, this didn't give me that rosy glow that I was looking for. It made me looked flush as though I had just finished exercising and that's not really the look I like. I guess it pulled more red on me than rose. So if you're looking for that natural believeable blush then this is it. I've started using Benefit Dallas again but I'm going to keep lovejoy around for the summer. Hopefully I'll like it better once my NC30ish skin warms up a bit.

on 3/5/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This blush is a rose-toned color that I think would be pretty flattering on most skin tones, except for maybe the fairest Although, it could be said that with a light hand, this blush could be universally flattering. I personally adore it, because it gives a glowing rosy cheek that can be worn day or night. With this blush, it all depends on the application.

on 2/27/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love joy...I love Love Joy. It is a great nudey rosy brown color. I wear it to work almost every day. It gives me a wonderful pinky/browny glow. The blush looks like it has a lot of gold glitter/sparkle, but like other Nars blushes the glitter does not show at all on my cheeks. I think that's a plus because I hate glittery/shimmery blushes. However, if you are looking for a glittery/shimmery blush, this may not be the blush for you. Try it out, it is wonderful.

on 2/23/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Basically, I love all the Nars products I own, and this blush is no exception. This is my everyday go-to blush color (I am MAC C7 or Px Antelope for reference) to pop on after applying bronzer and Albatross highlighting powder. This is great for a neutral look or even to give a little something when wearing a smoky eye. Just enough shimmer (and not glitter, which I find too obnoxious for everyday wear). I've had this blush for at least a year and am nowhere near towards hitting the pan on it, but if I had to buy again, I definitely would. Worth the price, as are all Nars blushes I've purchased so far.

on 2/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Okay, at first I did not like this blush at all. I have had orgasm and felt it was a little too orange and a little too pink for me...it didn't look natural. However, I liked the way it stayed on all day and did give a nice sheen to the face so I decided to try another Nars blush after Yves Saint Laurent and Chanel blushes disappointed me terribly with color choices and staying power/texture, respectively. I wanted Taj Mahal, but my Sephora didn't have it and was trying to decide between madly and lovejoy. At first, I was disappointed as I felt this blush to be too rosy colored for me (I'm a Chanel Pro Lumiere in Beige and Dior Skin Nude in 031 and Armani Luminous Silk in 6.5), but after reading all the reviews here I decided to try it again. If you use it on the cheekbones and lightly swirl it on the apples, very lightly, the color is actually really pretty. It looks like my skin's natural flush from exercise, being in the sun, or being out in the cold weather. I think it's one of the most natural color around and it lasts all day. Great investment. I will continue to buy Nars blushes as they are great quality at a decent price. Oh, also, these blushes give you a lot of product in the pan and the rubber case is nice in case you drop it.

on 1/31/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nars Lovejoy is a coppery-rose colored blush. It's a very neutral blush that pairs great with louder or warm colors. The only thing about Nars blushes that I depise are the rubber packages. They are marvelous for slippery hands but pick up the pigment and are a pain to keep clean! besides that, they're amazing.

on 1/29/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh, how I so wanted this to work. I'd seen some promising reviews on makeupalley and youtube, but ewwww not for me. It looked great in store but not out in the sunshine, bleh! had to return it. It didn't give me the bronze glow I craved. It was lackluster and brassy. Totally uninspired. Left me a lil' ashy and a bit dirty-looking, too much red in the bronze i suspect. I will keep searching because this left me high and dry.

Popular Blush Products