NARS Lovejoy

4.4

on 4/16/2010 1:17:00 AM

So this blush is my 4th NARS blush I also have super orgasm,torrid, and sin,and I have to say it is definately ithe most natural on my skin tone. At first I wasn't sure if I should purchase this blush because in the pan it looked like more of a bronzer than a blush and
I'm not a big fan of bronzers.
But I saw it on a girl with a
similar skin tone to mine and it
looked really pretty so I
decided to buy it. When I first
applied it I thought it might be too brown to show up on my cheeks but with just a swipe of the blush in gave my cheeks a nice healthy bronzy/rose color. This blush is a very unique color it's not so bronze as to just be a bronzer, and not so rosy as to make it a regular rose blush, it also has a gold shimmer to it (like sin not orgasm) I think this blush woud look really beautiful on medium to dark skin tones. It gives my cheeks that just talked to your crush flush it very beautiful and natural. Don't let the color in the pan fool you this blush is a beautiful unique color and I'm really happy I bought it. And like all NARS blushes it super pigmented so not that much product is needed to achieve the look you want.

on 4/1/2010 5:04:00 PM

Love this blush. Despite being an anti-shimmer/sparkle girl, this blush applies so subtly and beautifully that I actually like the hint of shimmer. WARNING: I use a skunk brush, so if you are naturally heavy handed or use a brush that picks up a major load of pigment be aware you may end up looking like Bozette the Clown. Otherwise, it is the perfect blush for pale gals, looking for a natural blush/bronzer mix for this spring and summer.

on 3/28/2010 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love, love, love this blush! I'am nc50 and this blush shows up a nice rosey bronze. A little goes a long way. Will definatly repurchase this blush.

on 3/16/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color might be pretty on someone with different skin tone. But on me alot of brown shows up and this is harder to blend then other NARS blushes ( like my favorite Gina) . For reference I am NW 25 skintone, olive. Hate NARS packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Lovejoy is very pigmented bronze blush with red undertones. It comes off too rosey on my NC40 skin(I'm alot lighter in the winter), so I need to make sure I apply it very lightly but recommend it if you are darker than NC40. Wouldn't really recommend it for pale skin...

I'm kind of on the fence about Lovejoy. It's a pretty rosy bronze color with little gold shimmer. Very pigmented. The packaging got scuffed first day in my make up bag. As for the blush, I agree that its all about application. Too much and I look sunburned. My husband asked if I had a fever the first time I used this. But even with a light hand, this didn't give me that rosy glow that I was looking for. It made me looked flush as though I had just finished exercising and that's not really the look I like. I guess it pulled more red on me than rose. So if you're looking for that natural believeable blush then this is it. I've started using Benefit Dallas again but I'm going to keep lovejoy around for the summer. Hopefully I'll like it better once my NC30ish skin warms up a bit.

on 3/5/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This blush is a rose-toned color that I think would be pretty flattering on most skin tones, except for maybe the fairest Although, it could be said that with a light hand, this blush could be universally flattering. I personally adore it, because it gives a glowing rosy cheek that can be worn day or night. With this blush, it all depends on the application.

on 2/27/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love joy...I love Love Joy. It is a great nudey rosy brown color. I wear it to work almost every day. It gives me a wonderful pinky/browny glow. The blush looks like it has a lot of gold glitter/sparkle, but like other Nars blushes the glitter does not show at all on my cheeks. I think that's a plus because I hate glittery/shimmery blushes. However, if you are looking for a glittery/shimmery blush, this may not be the blush for you. Try it out, it is wonderful.

on 2/23/2010 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Basically, I love all the Nars products I own, and this blush is no exception. This is my everyday go-to blush color (I am MAC C7 or Px Antelope for reference) to pop on after applying bronzer and Albatross highlighting powder. This is great for a neutral look or even to give a little something when wearing a smoky eye. Just enough shimmer (and not glitter, which I find too obnoxious for everyday wear). I've had this blush for at least a year and am nowhere near towards hitting the pan on it, but if I had to buy again, I definitely would. Worth the price, as are all Nars blushes I've purchased so far.

on 2/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Okay, at first I did not like this blush at all. I have had orgasm and felt it was a little too orange and a little too pink for me...it didn't look natural. However, I liked the way it stayed on all day and did give a nice sheen to the face so I decided to try another Nars blush after Yves Saint Laurent and Chanel blushes disappointed me terribly with color choices and staying power/texture, respectively. I wanted Taj Mahal, but my Sephora didn't have it and was trying to decide between madly and lovejoy. At first, I was disappointed as I felt this blush to be too rosy colored for me (I'm a Chanel Pro Lumiere in Beige and Dior Skin Nude in 031 and Armani Luminous Silk in 6.5), but after reading all the reviews here I decided to try it again. If you use it on the cheekbones and lightly swirl it on the apples, very lightly, the color is actually really pretty. It looks like my skin's natural flush from exercise, being in the sun, or being out in the cold weather. I think it's one of the most natural color around and it lasts all day. Great investment. I will continue to buy Nars blushes as they are great quality at a decent price. Oh, also, these blushes give you a lot of product in the pan and the rubber case is nice in case you drop it.

Popular Blush Products