October 1, 2014 | 1338 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by meagan123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i personally dont own this product, or any almay products for that matter, but my friend owns this crappy stuff. she wears this stuff over her zits and it looks horrible! you can see orange spots wherever she put the stuff over zits or dry skin. do not ever, ever, ever buy this stuff ever! dont ever buy any drug store brands for your face. i only buy maybeline, cover girl and l'oreal for my eyes. but anything for my face is clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 3:16:00 AM More reviews by JestaLoc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this along with the Almay Amazing Lasting Foundation and the Almay Cover-Up Stick. The three together work great. My only complaint about the powder is that if I re-apply it later in the day (which is hardly ever, so it doesn't really matter to me), it tends to look a little orange. Other than that, it works well to set the foundation and to keep my face from looking oily.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2005 12:34:00 PM More reviews by yogafit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm one of the few who was not impressed with this powder, either. I really think it made me break out. If anything, it made my face more oily instead of less oily. It also looks chalky on my skin. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Annessa

I guess some people have had better experiences than I have with this... it totally emphasized my flaws, did NOTHING for my combo skin other than make it seem even more greasy at the end of the day, and it didn't help clear any blemishes at all. I was very disappointed that I had to throw it out immediately, but I'm glad it didn't burn a hole in my pocket.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 10:31:00 AM More reviews by stacialue0330

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This pressed powder (in Translucent) has been a mainstay in my makeup regimen for almost 10 yrs! I absolutely love the way it keeps my face from looking shiny and that it can be used w/a multitude of foundation colors w/out changing the look of the color. I use it all year round w/both my winter and summer foundations (light in the winter, darker in summer to match my tan). It's important not to cake this stuff on, but lightly pat the face w/the pad. Also, to prevent the pad and the powder from getting all gunked up inside the compact, use blotting tissues to remove excess oil from the face before repowdering. I love this particular product and will be buying it until they stop making it, which I PRAY never happens! UPDATE: Horrors!!! They've discontinued this powder in Translucent!! WHY!?!?!? Ugh, I'm so upset by this, it's hard to put it into words. I bought the next lightest shade (light) and it is much too orangey for me. *Sigh* The updated packaging is cheap looking, and the clasp isn't as sturdy, so now on top of having a powder that I don't particularly like, there's the chance it will open up in my purse on accident!! >. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2005 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Pinki

Wowzers-Such a freaking awesome powder here. I have gone through LeClerc, Dior, Chanel and all these big heavy hitters and this little powder actually made me figure out what this stuff is supposed to do. I am a NC35-44 and got this in beige (4) for 8 bucks. It covers my little incongruities better than a TM and doesnt get shiney or make a demarcation line or anything. It actually diffuses fine lines too. Its so simple and perfect. The actual smell isnt so great because of the Sacylic Acid I think, but no zits and perfect coverage. I bought three. Im never going a day without this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerbell84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hmm, I guess this was an ok product. I'm still looking for my HG compact powder - doubt it is this. Even though it says it will give a clearer complexsion, guess I'm not one of the lucky ones. My skin is as oily as it can get. Upon application everythings great. Really matte and natural after half an hour or so the game begins and after an hour to two hours I'm right back where I began. To make matters worse when you have this stuff on for a really long time its as if there's this mask and when I touch my skin its an absolutely gross feeling - really slimy. So defenitely will NOT purchase.
Stay Beautiful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2005 4:23:00 PM More reviews by makimotoki430

This is actually my 2nd compact of Pressed Powder, 1st was from CG(>.<) I'm not really impressed with this, oil control was just ok, an ok product from almay. even though Almay is my fav. drug store brand. I have 2 Compact of these in the two lightest shades. try me for swap.=)UPDATE: i tried it again yesterday, at first it looked chalky, but later on when the skin's nature oil was produced and mixed with the powder, it looked good~still deciding~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Jubilee

I hate to be the one lone dissenting voice here, but I'm simply not impressed with this powder. maybe it's because I've changed routines lately and maybe it's my "shine-free" moisturizer that's making me break-out and oily, but my skin is a mess right now. It's been two hours since I put on this powder, I just ran a blotting sheet over my face and it came off an oily mess. I almost think I use *more* powder with this powder than normal. And I definitely have not noticed a difference in my zits with this stuff. I say, keep your $10, because there are many better DS powders out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have this powder in translucent - which it is not. It is a very very light, almost white, neutral color - perfect for a neutral PPP like me. I don't know if this is responsible for my clearer skin, because i've completely changed regiments now, but maybe it is. It's very finely milled and doesn't make me cakey or chalky looking. The mirror in the compact is somehow never dusty. And because it's a d/s brand I can pick it's easily accessible and it's under $10 per compact! The one defect? The glue on the powder pan melted in my gym locker, but that's easily remedied with some super glue ;p