NARS Outlaw

4.4

!

on 8/24/2008 2:38:00 AM

Screw "Orgasm"... "Outlaw" is the real gem of the NARS blush family (I own both..). The color is AMAZING on, and surprisingly natural (it looks a little intimidating). It looks best on tanned skin, the most realistic flush I've ever seen from a powder blush. Gorgeous. NARS is tops for blush.

on 7/23/2008 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love Outlaw. In fact I'm wearing it right now and that's how I remembered that I had to write a review about it. First of all, I strongly disagree with the previous reviewer's description. Outlaw has nothing to do with brown. It's a deep rose color with a touch of raspberry. The golden shimmer in it gives my cheeks a beautiful healthy flush. Sometimes (like today) I apply some MAC Porcelain Pink MSF on and above my cheekbones to make the look more glowy. Outlaw is really pigmented though. So you'd better apply it with MAC 187 like I do, or try to use it with a light hand. (NW20 for reference)

on 7/20/2008 9:26:00 AM

**Please note: This review is being written by a die-hard chanel joues contrastes blush fan (who thought she would never stray).

Shocking finding: I love this blush :). This is my first nars blush and I am totally impressed. The consistency of the powder is lovely and the pigmentation is far more intense and rich then expected. This particular color is gorgeous on my nc30/35 skin (abit tan right now). Its not a light, flushed summer look but it is beautiful for a more sophisticated evening look. This is what I was hoping Chanel JC in Mocha to be (but it did not work for me at all). If forced to describe it I would say a dusty rose with a touch of brown.

FYI, I'm 43, brown hair and eyes, olive nc35ish skin.

on 5/31/2008 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I was originally going to buy Sin but then tried it on and it looked too plummy and dark/dirty on my fair complexion. Not very flattering!! So I tried this blush instead and was pleased with the results:) Much prettier than Sin on me!! Outlaw is a lovely neutral, deep rose pink with a subtle shimmer. Compared to other NARS blushes (say, Orgasm or Angelika), the shimmer is hardly noticeable and I would consider it one of the more matte shades from the line. Not glittery with big sparkles, etc. I have cool-toned, fair skin and naturally rosy cheeks. Outlaw is a slightly darker, warmer rose shade than my natural colour, but still okay for daytime when using sparingly. This blush is very pigmented and a little goes a long way.. this will probably last me for forever.. thatís how I convinced myself that this was worth the high price:) As always, I love the rubbery NARS packaging Ė as a chronic compact dropper, Iím pleased to report no broken hinges, cracked powders, or smashed mirrors yet!!

on 5/23/2008 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this blush! It's a deep rose color with a bit of a sparkle. VERY dramatic for evenings, but I find that it's also a great color for a daytime look, if used sparingly. NARS blushes are rather expensive, but a little bit of the product goes a long way, so it lasts forever.

on 5/1/2008 9:55:00 PM

Loved this color!! Made my cheeks look flushed without looking too bright. Haven't found a blush I liked so much in so long till I tried this one. I use mac nc30.

on 3/1/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Med beige 05 in revlon, prolly nc37-40 this is my only blush from NARS and I picked it over orgasm, deep throat because I found those were more daytime looks for my skintone and I already have blushes for that purpose. I wanted something with a bit more oomph but not overly dramtic for evening looks and I picked this over torrid, which I found too orangy against my skintone. With a light hand and technique I think this blush works great for my skintone.

on 2/29/2008 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

My absolute favorite blush! I love this for a very sexy flush. Its not subtle or quiet, this is definitely for girls night out. I rarely wear it in the daytime, but love it for night. Very pigmented as mentioned below, so I start off with a light hand and build till I have the intensity I want.

on 2/5/2008 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very pretty raspberry shade with slight shimmer. Gives a nice glow to the cheeks. Must be light handed, as it is very pigmented, like most NARS blushes.

on 1/17/2008 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is yet another NARS blush failure for me. No matter how many people recommend this as a must-have for my skintone (nc45) or for golden/dark skins, this just doesnt work for me. I assure you it's not the quality, as I have other NARS blushes that I adore, and others that I hate due to the grainy texture but it's just the color against my skintone - it sorta clashes and stands out too much, and not in a good way. It makes me look clownish no matter where I apply it (under cheekbones, on the apples of my cheeks, blah blah blah). Same issue I have with MaC Ambering Rose which I find similar in shade. Have purchased it, swapped it away, repurchased again, and swapped again. I got it this time and will leave this blush alone.

Popular Blush Products