November 23, 2014 | 1531 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Essential Nutrients - Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

I'm turning 23 this month and have been noticing that my combination skin feels tight, dry and itchy after washing my face in the evening. So I thought it was time for a night cream. I'm glad I got this one. I've been using it for a few weeks half expecting to wake up with a face full of zits but no noticeable breakouts yet. I love the smell of the cream and how it is absorbed into the skin as soon as it's put on. Feels very luxurious and my skin is soft and smooth. My only gripe is the packaging. I don't mind sticking my fingers into the jar but it's made out of glass and is really heavy! If a burgler broke into my house at night I could throw this at his head and knock him out cold. It's fairly strong, durable glass though because I dropped the jar in the sink one night and it didn't break although it made a really loud, horrible noise.

UPDATE: the one for sensitive skin is waaaay better than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2004 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MerylStreek

I have tried this. It is a very emollient moisturiser, defenitely not suitable for acne-prone skins but gave my combination skin a little "glow". It is supposed to contain vitamins and natural extracts, but as soon as you open the jar these ingredients become unstable and "leak away" for lack of a better word! So not worth it in my opinion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2004 8:30:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPanda

I bought this because I wanted a night cream. I must have stood in the lotion aisle at Target for a half hour. Finally I saw this stuff and noticed it has green tea extract, and other stuff. So I got it.

This stuff feels so good going on. I also have a ritual where I give myself a facial massage at night before bed with this cream. It really helps me relax.

It makes my skin a little oily the morning after though. But it hasnt broken me out yet. My skin has been softer and more cooperative.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2004 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Cloverlilo

I just got this cream tonight and it's my first night cream ever. I'm going on 21 years old and even though i'm still young my skin has been missing that glowy ooomp of being young! I've been on proactiv for acne and my skin is soooo clear, almost perfectly clear but it's missing some moisture...it looks a little thirsty. First off, i got it from publix for $6.99 which is really cheap! The cream comes in a little glass jar with a dark blue cap. Very cute jar. The cream is thick, yet..fluffy. The smell is kinda old ladyish but it's not so bad. A little bit strong though. After cleaning my face right now with my 3 steps of proactiv, i dotted on spots of this cream all over my face and then smoothed it into my skin. Right away my skin is soft and not oily. It has a glow. I'm really scared that i'm going to break out (because i do really easy). Tommorrow morning, first thing i'm going to do a full inspection of my face and give a update all about it. If this cream is going to break me out, i'll have something wrong on my face tomorrow! The box says that this is Hypo-allergenic. Non-comedogenic. Has 5 essential nutrients, plus vitamins A,E and B5, zinc, green tea, and pure spring water. UPDATE: Woke up this morning and my skin felt so smoooth and like...supple. With NO pimples at all! If this stuff was going to break me out, it would have done so over night. Oh, and the strong smell goes away pretty fast. Like after about an hour i didnt notice it. Pretty good product that i'm also using under my eyes today =)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2004 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Lusciouslola888

Love this night cream. I alter this one and the Neostrata 8% Gycolic Lotion. It smells fantastic, has great texture, is not greasy, leaves the skin amazingly soft. I really enjoy using this cream. Although i have oily skin my face does not break out and it does not make my skin more oily. I have repurchased twice already. i am running low again, I think I might buy again. Best of all, it is very inexpensive, $10CDN at Zellers. Highly recommended to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2004 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Grego

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Way cute jar. Would purchase this again, leaves skin smooth and soft. Fragrance is a little strong though, might try using the sensitive line if you find it to be overwhelming. All in all I think this is a great product that does what it says.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2004 2:21:00 AM More reviews by hotpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super smoothe moisturizer. Smells great, very clean, slightly floral. Makes my skin feel so soft. Cute jar. Only complaint is that the cap doesn't feel very comfortable in the hand. The shape is a little weird.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 11:50:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I am in love with all things Dove, sorry, apologies to my boyfriend. This cream is very very light in texture, just a lovely clean, whipped feeling, goes on smoothly and is really a thicker version of the day lotion. The smell is not the classic and distinctive Dove smell like the cleansers, but is very light and not cloying at all. Will have to update to see whether it doesn't make me oily. So far, so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 2:07:00 PM More reviews by caramelhunie

This is the first night cream I've ever used and I must say I'm impressed. I always thought my skin would become too greasy if I used a night cream but this does the opposite...this cream sinks right into my face with no greasy feeling and by morning my face feels silky smooth. So far I haven't had any breakouts and I don't mind the fragance either, it smells so good. This has definitely been added to my skincare routine.
UPDATE-- I've been using this for close to 2 months and so far no breakouts, just soft, smooth skin!! And I still have a lot left, this lasts forever. I love this night cream so much!!!!! UPDATE: 6/15/05 I've tried other night creams and none compare to this. I love the way this feels on my face, the texture of the cream, how fast it sinks into my face, and of course how moisturized my face feels the next morning. I have repurchased this again and I'm never straying! My night cream search has ended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jennybee

Light yet rich, and very gentle. I love how this line doesn't irritate my eye area so I can really slather up the crow's feet. I'm very happy with this and have been using it w/ my other Dove products - I'll continue to repurchase.