December 20, 2014 | 1625 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFashionista

For a drugstore brand mascara, I really do like this one and have bought it a few times. It's not perfect, but for me it actually does lengthen my lashes, especially when I take the time and pay close attention. It also gives my lashes a bit of a curl, nothing dramatic but it is noticeable. I use this when I want to achieve a very natural everyday look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite drugstore-brand mascara. It does a good job of lengthening my lashes, and is relatively clump-free as long as I replace it every 2 months or so. It does not smudge or flake off (unless I sweat a lot or cry or something!). While I don't think it actually curls my lashes, it does do a great job of keeping the curl after I use an eyelash curler -- I have tried other mascaras that actually straightened my lashes right away! And finally, I also like this mascara because it dries quickly. I have very deep set eyes, so if I wear a slow-drying mascara, I get mascara all over my face the first time I blink!

Overall this is the best mascara for me -- I cannot find another drugstore brand that meets all of my requirements (lengthening, keeps curl, quick drying, does not flake, not too clumpy) and I don't want to pay department store prices for a product that I have to throw out after 2-3 months!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by brandi17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent mascara but nothing to shout about. It makes lashes longer, but it is still clumpy. Doesn't add too much thickness, but it does add length which I guess is what it is supposed to do. I am still on the quest for the perfect mascara, but this will have to do for now. I'd like to try the full n soft next, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by mimix87

okay this product did not work for me usuallly wen i apply mascara i curl my eyelashes, wen i appleied the mascara after curling my eyelashes it uncurled them; so i was dissapointed wen i didnt get my long and curly lashes like the product said , i wouldnt recomend it to anyone not worth cuz it doesnt do wat the package says .

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by maria0516

I have used Maybelline Sky High Curves for years. I have very pale and short lashes and this mascara gives great length and volume. I like the dramatic look as far as mascaras goes, and I thought this was a great one. However, I got used to having to wipe of black smudge under my eyes, I didnīt even think about it until just a few months ago. Just out of curiosity I bought another mascara, and WOW! Not having to wipe of flakes and smudge halfway trough the day, what a relief!

So Iīm sorry to say, this is a great mascara for volume and length, but the smudging and flaking is horrible. Will not buy again, after years of commited use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just went back to this mascara and I'm very pleased. It definitely adds length and lift to your lashes. I think there is more lift than curl, but it still does a nice job. Great value for what you pay!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by shrimpchips

this crap is TERRIBLE! i love my maybelline full 'n soft but i was seeing if there was anything better out there, and this stuff sounded promising. when i applied it, i couldn't even tell that i was wearing mascara! did not length or curl AT ALL...i'm sticking with my full 'n soft.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by lnajaar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a bust for me. It has a dry texture and builds fast, but it went on unevenly. I ended up with some lashes heavily coated, while others were nonexistent.

I usually use Define-A-Lash, which goes on thin and evenly and requires time to build, but all the lashes get defined.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2008 7:48:00 PM More reviews by blingblingb8by

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the first mascaras I've ever bought due to the fact that the Maybelline commercial boasted "Sky high curves" and "Extreme Length". Well, I bought it soon afterwards and was horrified to see that the brush was all smushed looking and it was even worse when I put it on. It didn't do anything that it said it would, in fact, it clumped even more than my other mascaras. Maybelline has really disappointed me but I guess you can't expect much from a drugstore mascara. As for now, I'm going to stick with my Lancome mascara. =/

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by euphoria83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first mascara I've bought that I actually liked enough to go back and buy a second after I used up the first one. It looks great, fans out my lashes in a very natural looking way but still adds decent volume and curl. I use it everyday, but because it is so flaky and dry, I can only use one coat, as a second coat drives me crazy through the day. When I go out at night I use something different for a heavier look.