July 31, 2014 | 1715 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by tammyhughes

I have this in linen and LOVE it. I use it as a highlighter shadow (and then layer the chocolate eye basics color on my lower lid with the summer tan eye basics to go color over the chocolate - it looks fab!) These creme products are the first shadows I've ever used that do not crease even after a long day (and believe me, I've tried everything ... Dior, Bobbi Brown, MAC, the list goes on). It does take some practice to apply these shadows, but once you get the hang of it you'll love them.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by maggiefung125

A very nice eye makeup base, does what it says.

The point is to apply as little as you can, and it will last all day long. Same thing goes for most of their products, less is more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by LIZ_FAITH

I bought the eye basics in linen, and it is great! It serves as such a good eyeshadow base--my eyeshadow shows up so vivid and last forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are really great- creates the perfect canvas for your eyes. To apply makeup or not to apply makeup- it's up to you. I have worn this alone just set with powder and it totally brightens and visually lifts the entire area. As an eye base it has helped dramatically in terms of preventing eyeshadow creasing and fading midday. I just wish it came in a pot since the wand just reintroduces bacteria into the vial after each use- I find the product starts to go bad after a month or two.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 7:19:00 PM More reviews by vortiz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best product I have come across in years. I have always had trouble with creasing no matter what type of eye shadow I used. I was actually at a Stila counter in Nordstrom and the sales girl recommended this product. I didn't check the price at the time but it is a little high. I have to say now though that I consider it the best investment and worth every cent. My eye makeup looks the same after a 10 hour day as it did when I left in the morning. Hopefully I will never have to makeup my face without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by libralibra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was no match for my super oily lids. After just an hour, the lids creased and the oiliness again became apparent. This might work on someone with less oily skin,.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 9:57:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

SA gave me this product in Wheat which looks a bit yellow on my eyelid, so the next time I buy, it'll be a pinkier, lighter shade. But I will buy again...this is SO reliable, and makes any powder eyeshadow(haven't tried cream) last for hours without creasing...lasts until you hit it with make-up remover. Superb product indeed!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2006 1:37:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT 03/14 Gave the Eye Basics another try - Sadly, this is still horrible on me. LM is such a nice brand but my search saga for a light eye primer continues...
Not sure whether I got a bad batch, but the Eye Basics in Linen that I've been using did not go on smoothly at all. No matter how little I applied to my lids, they would look chalky and dry. Also my eyeshadows would not look good on top of that chalky layer. Besides, crepey eyelids is not exactly what I call flattering! The color Linen however was a good match for my very light cool-toned complexion. Compared to UD's Primer Potion as well as Paula Dorf's Eye Primer, which both work great for me, the performance of Laura Mercier's product was clearly disappointing. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by catatonia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the concept of this stuff, especially because i have deeper set eyes and need some brightening, but after using this for awhile it seemed like i was putting thick, white watercolors paint on my eyelids! they didn't look smooth and actually made my lid heavier. I want to try the UD equivalent that everyone is talking about and see if it is just me....hopefully not because i think this stuff has great potential!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by monvai

Ive said below and Im going to say it again. This is really the best thing that ever happened to me in make up history.

My main make up look is smokey eyes and nude glossy lips, so this eye basics really help me show the colours on my eyes. I would buy millions of eyeshadow and they never turned up like in the pan without Eye basics. Now, i can apply eyeshadows easily and they turn out beautifully on my eyes with Eye Basics.

APply a little lip gloss and Im OFF!