LUSH Sex Bomb

on 3/18/2009 4:21:00 PM

This bath bomb is one of my favorites. It smells heavenly and only leaves one “flower” in the bath water, as opposed to “Big Blue” which left a ton of seaweed that was hard to clean up. I also like that this bomb left my skin feeling silky soft. I will definitely buy this product again.

on 3/8/2009 7:14:00 PM

I literally JUST used this thing, so I thought it would be a good time to review it. First of all, it's so pretty! The flower is a very cute touch. It definitely makes it one of the most visually appealing bath bombs.

You drop it in the water and it turns your bathwater pink! We have a white tub, so I was worried that these things would leave a colored film or something after you drain, but it didn't! =) Also, it completely evaporated in the water and did not leave any floating bits that you had to crumble yourself or scoop out of the tub. The little flower, however, just floated around and had a gooey feel to it. You can either scoop it out during your bath or try to get it out before you drop it in.

The smell is...hard to describe. I definitely don't *love* it like a lot of people on here seem to. It's not sweet smelling really, nor is it really floral. The website says "jasmine" so...if you know what that smells like then there you go (I've never smelled it beforehand so...). Smell is very subjective and personal so you may adore it if you try it. I also didn't find it overpowering both in the bath or on my skin after the bath. Of course, I could just be used to the smell by now but it's not headache inducing.

As for what it did for my skin? While I was in the bath it definitely made my skin feel moist and smooth. Now that it's been about a half hour later, I find that my skin is feeling a little dry! I'm gonna have to moisturize in a bit.

To sum things up, I probably wouldn't purchase this again for myself because I want to try other scents, and this one just didn't really do *it* for me. But I would buy this as part of a gift for someone else who loves to take baths!

on 3/6/2009 9:38:00 AM

The smell of the bomb before you put it in the water is really nice, also the smell lingering on my skin and in the bathroom for hours afterwords was also nice. The smell while actually taking a bath was not what I expected, it was ok but nothing I would crave to smell often. It turned the bath a cool milky pink. It didn't really do anything "special" for my skin either. I thought the rose thing would be cool but it's absolutely disgusting and I was totally grossed out when it touched my skin. It turns into a gooey mess, just take it out before you drop the bomb in. This bomb isn't terrible but I wont repurchase anytime soon, nothing about it wowed me and Lush has so many other ones to try.

on 3/2/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Too girly. And that rose is so nasty when it gets wet. Do yourself a favor and wiggle it out before you drop the bomb in.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Not my favourite bath ballistic but I didn't have a problem with it. Made the water bollywood pink and the smell was ok to me

on 1/31/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate to use generic terms when leaving a review, and saying that something smells like moth balls to me seems as generic as saying that someone smells "old-ladyish" (one of my review pet peeves). But, seriously, this things wound up smelling like moth balls. This being my first experience with a LUSH bomb, I was amped up for the experience! What a dissappointment. Thank goodness for my gigantic garden tub, because if the concentration of moth ball would have been in a regular size tub, I think I would have wound up with a terrible migraine from the smell. The good news is that if you like this smell, your whole entire bathroom (and most of the accompanying rooms on the same floor) will smell like this for hours.

on 1/25/2009 9:06:00 PM

I bought this to take a fun bath with my boyfriend (we love baths!) and was very disappointed. The water turned a lovely pink color but I found the smell overwhelming. It actually made me feel a little sick and reminded me of flowers and moth balls :(

on 1/20/2009 4:34:00 PM

I have not had great luck with bath bombs by Lush. I have always considered them just "ok" and not worth the money. I have FINALLY hit on one I think is worth the money. THis is it!! If you are looking for something that is moisturizing it is "fair" in that department. If you are looking for the most beautiful smell that will linger on your skin for 24 hours this is it! It makes my bathroom smell amazing for a few days as well. It is PERFECT for a romantic evening with your hubby. Take a bath in this, use your rock star soap while soaking in the tub and then climb into bed. Your husband will think he's died and gone to heaven. If you have a super sensitive nose I can see why you may get a headache from soaking too long with this bomb. It has a strong smell, but you smell so, well, PRETTY, when you get out. It is amazing and I give it 5 lippies.

on 1/15/2009 8:55:00 PM

This was the first Lush bath bomb I've ever used. The scent was rather nice and relaxing and it lingers on the skin for few hours after the bath. I used half of it in the tub and it made the water a pretty deep pink color which was also nice. The only drawback I found was that it did nothing to moisterize my skin. I may purchase again as I did enjoy the scent, but for the price tag attached to this product, it leaves you expecting a bit more.

on 12/9/2008 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Loved this bath bomb. it was the first I tried. I tried it with my boyfriend at a hotel a few days ago. Sexiest bath ever. awesome job lush. my boyfriend liked it too.

Popular Bath Treatments