Bare Escentuals Faux Tan

4.2

Water (Aqua/Eau), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dihydroxyacetone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Sorbitan Isostearate, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisodium EDTA, Octapeptide-5, Phenoxyethanol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum). May Contain: Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).

on 9/6/2010 5:20:00 PM

I would give this product a 4.5 if I could, but I stuck with a 4 for now. I am incredibly pale and would have never thought to buy this, but I received a free sample at an event I was working. When I saw the color of this powder, I thought "NO way". I swatched it on my hand, and thought the same thing. I apply bronzer with a foundation brush, but it's the Essence of Beauty one, so it's a little thicker/fluffier than most. Applying this product with a dense brush is really tricky and I wouldn't recommend it to a bronzer newbie. A little really does go a long way (and I use a ton of bronzer and go through most really quickly). I set up 2 lids to swirl this in when I am applying. I put a tiny bit of Faux Tan in the first one and touch my brush in it enough to cover most of the bristles, then I tap so there isn't too much product on the brush. I then take the second lid and just swirl the product in. Then I blend REALLY well. The tiny bit of powder is good for my face, neck, sometimes shoulders. This bronzer looks amazing and natural on. It was definitely a pleasant surprise. Also, no glitter!! When I look at the bronzer in the pot, it looks like there is some, but once applied, the product is just a natural glow. I have analyzed this product in all kinds of light, and I can't believe how natural it looks in the sun. My only small gripe about this product is it doesn't last all day and can look a little shiny, but I truly havent found a bronzer that does. Also, as others have mentioned, the holes on the BE sifters are ridiculous. That being said, I would repurchase this product, but I literally think the tiny sample would last me a month with daily use.

on 8/25/2010 11:13:00 AM

I use both the powder faux tan and the self-tanning, liquid faux tan and love them both! The powder faux tan is perfect for darkening my foundation to the exact right color for me, no matter what time of year it is. And the liquid faux tan leaves a beautiful, non-streaking, natural color on my skin. It does need a moisturizer added later though.

on 7/23/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like that this is matte not shimmery and shiny. In the pot it looks brown and uninteresting, but the tiniest bit warms up my skin (better than Warmth) with a subtle bronze. I find that Warmth has reddish-brown (rust) undertones, while this has more golden-brown (bronze) undertones. It takes a while to get the hang of applying a bronzer, but itís worth it (I like to apply it to my forehead, tops of my cheeks, across my nose and juts barely on my chin). As with all BE, a little bit goes a long way; and the packaging it terrible, so be careful when opening. I will buy this again.

Let me first start by saying that I read MakeupAlley reviews religiously but there was never really a product that made me want to write one myself...until now!

I recently tried BE's Faux tan and I am in LOVE!!! I read a bunch of reviews before buying it but was still pretty skeptical since I never really had a good experience with other self tanners.

My routine (I only did my legs):
1) exfoliated & shaved
2) moisturized all over (heavily on knees, ankles, feet)
3) used gloves to apply, while also using Suave lotion to help blend
4) took off gloves and blended all over with my hands
5) waited about 15 mins and put on loose pajama pants
6) woke up the next day and took a shower

RESULT: beautiful, EVEN, realistic, golden tan! Absolutely no streaking and even looks real on ankles.

I used lotion while applying Faux Tan because I was scared at how it was looking on my legs... I guess it's just the color guide, but it was looking SCARY...super streaky and dark!

I would only use this the night before, I definitely think it needs to set over night and washed off in the morning to achieve a golden, even-looking tan. I was nervous how it would turn out after I applied it but it was gorgeous the next day.... This is the BEST and most natural looking fake tan out there. I will keep buying this as long as they keep making it.

on 7/16/2010 8:18:00 PM

I just purchased Bare Escentuals Faux Tan based off of the reviews from MakeupAlley which were pretty positive. I am very fair skinned and usually use Jergens but wanted something with more punch that I could see in a day or two. I used this yesterday but when I was working out today I was sweating off color from my face and body! And in the shower the water rubbed some off.

Am I doing something wrong?! I want to like this but how do I get it to stay?

on 7/7/2010 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried a lot of self tanners. I got this one from QVC with an applicator kabuki body brush. I love it. It takes longer to apply than others, but I do it at night and sleep in it and when I wash it off in the morning it is very even. The brush helps to really blend it properly. I got the big bottle from QVC at a bargain price and will get it again in 6 months at the same price. If you can buy it this way, I would do it! It smells just fine, and the color isn't orangey. It doesn't wear off great, but if you keep it up with moisturizing, exfoliating and redoing it every few days, then it should stay looking pretty good.

on 7/1/2010 1:34:00 PM

Love this!!! I use this and Nars Laguna bronzer all the time. It's this amazing true brown based bronzer with a tad of shimmer. It gives your skin this healthy just back from the islands glow. I love that it can be applied lightly for a glow or heavy for a contoured look. It never goes orangey on me and I love that this is good for my skin. Love this brand! Wll def buy again and again!

on 6/15/2010 2:43:00 PM

Best self tanner EVER! My third summer using this and I won't ever go back.

on 6/10/2010 3:24:00 PM

I have tried a lot of self tanners, but the bare escentuals one is the only one that doesn't make my skin break out. Gives a nice color without the "orangy" undertones, and works quite well on my fair-medium skin. I use this a couple of times a week and I never feel too pale or too "self-tanned"

on 6/9/2010 2:47:00 PM

I am completely addicted to this product. I've seen it on QVC for years but thought it would be too much for my fair skin. Last summer I tried the faux tan body moisturizer (and love it) so this summer I decided to try this. I am hooked. It does take a it longer to dry than I think it should (minus 1 lippie for that), however I have found that by not applying a body lotion before I put this on it helps. I don't think this product has much of an odor. It does look a little "rose-orange" when it's first applied, but when it's rinsed off the next morning in the shower you are left with a gorgeous and completely believable tan.

Video Reviews & Tutorials