April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Self Tanners - Bare Escentuals - Faux Tan

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by LadyLustre

I just purchased Bare Escentuals Faux Tan based off of the reviews from MakeupAlley which were pretty positive. I am very fair skinned and usually use Jergens but wanted something with more punch that I could see in a day or two. I used this yesterday but when I was working out today I was sweating off color from my face and body! And in the shower the water rubbed some off.

Am I doing something wrong?! I want to like this but how do I get it to stay?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by juliarchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried a lot of self tanners. I got this one from QVC with an applicator kabuki body brush. I love it. It takes longer to apply than others, but I do it at night and sleep in it and when I wash it off in the morning it is very even. The brush helps to really blend it properly. I got the big bottle from QVC at a bargain price and will get it again in 6 months at the same price. If you can buy it this way, I would do it! It smells just fine, and the color isn't orangey. It doesn't wear off great, but if you keep it up with moisturizing, exfoliating and redoing it every few days, then it should stay looking pretty good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by ToriDee888

Love this!!! I use this and Nars Laguna bronzer all the time. It's this amazing true brown based bronzer with a tad of shimmer. It gives your skin this healthy just back from the islands glow. I love that it can be applied lightly for a glow or heavy for a contoured look. It never goes orangey on me and I love that this is good for my skin. Love this brand! Wll def buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by AuntieL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best self tanner EVER! My third summer using this and I won't ever go back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles1985

I have tried a lot of self tanners, but the bare escentuals one is the only one that doesn't make my skin break out. Gives a nice color without the "orangy" undertones, and works quite well on my fair-medium skin. I use this a couple of times a week and I never feel too pale or too "self-tanned"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am completely addicted to this product. I've seen it on QVC for years but thought it would be too much for my fair skin. Last summer I tried the faux tan body moisturizer (and love it) so this summer I decided to try this. I am hooked. It does take a it longer to dry than I think it should (minus 1 lippie for that), however I have found that by not applying a body lotion before I put this on it helps. I don't think this product has much of an odor. It does look a little "rose-orange" when it's first applied, but when it's rinsed off the next morning in the shower you are left with a gorgeous and completely believable tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by talibear

The BEST color you can get. I am in love with this stuff, 1000% times over.

The tint is a little dark (only on my face though. I use this on face-with NO issues besides the color initially being a bit too much), but once rinsed it's an AMAZING looking tan. So real looking and olive and lovely. I'm an NW15 and get compliments on my tan when I wear this, and sometimes I put on more because I think it's faded, but really I've just gotten used to how FT makes me look and thought it was naturally my skin color! Does that make sense?

I don't know what else to say. Sure, it could last a little longer. And when you layer it on dry areas it can smear/pull a little funny that takes some lotion to correct. But it doesn't smell bad for MANY hours (later in the day and even after showering it does have tan smell, but not too bad I suppose.)

Basically you're tan immediately--no waiting for developing thanks to the immediate tint. It keeps you covered while the "real" tan develops!

It's just an amazing self tanner. Natural looking, instant color, lasts about 3 days, can be used on face, etc.

I use 1 parts lotion to 2 parts faux tan on body, and 1:1 lotion on face. I think this helps it spread nicely without diluting the color result. With gloves it slips around too much, but with a brush you lose some product into the brush. I don't have an issue with getting it off my hands if I wash immediately and vigorously, so that's the ideal method IMO.

Pump works just fine (I've bought the big daddy version twice), packaging is simple, and price is a bit high, but its well made and worth it.

I LOVE FAUX TAN!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by tummyearth2

This stuff is really good. The color is super believable too. The bronzer in the lotion gives you instant color and does look *somewhat* orangey in my opinion, but when you shower, you are left with nice tan, not orange skin. The other thing I am impressed with is the low odor. If you sniff your arm you can still smell a bit of that self tanner smell, but it's no where as bad as the other ones I've tried. Be sure to wash your hands immediately (duh) or even use gloves because it stains your palms pretty quickly. I'm super happy with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by yackielala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am rating this product a 4 simply because I have never used any higher end self tanners just Drug store brands.
To start off, I am very fair, I wear Nc20 in Mac and I have more of a golden undertone. I would recommend this product to fair girls, after one application I had a visible color difference and was given compliments by my coworkers. It starts off smelling like almonds but that fades and then it smells like self tanner, but its subtle.
I am on my third application and have a deep golden tan. It is so pretty no traces or red or orange at all. I have found an easy way to apply this product is by using a flat top brush ( like BE heavenly buffing brush) I apply one squirt at a time and buff into sections of my body. At the end i do a once over with my hands to make sure everything is well blended. Make sure you wash your hands as soon as possible. I would recommend using a brush or gloves because your hands will get very dark. My only warning is to make sure you let this product dry before you touch any water, you will get streaks and drip marks! Also I live in florida and it says it takes a hr to try but its so humid it takes much longer. I can dress in about fifteen minutes but the product does not completely dry until over night.
But overall I would buy this product again and will continue to reccomend it. It gives a real beautiful looking tan!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Anyone who loved this product, I have a cheaper alternative. It does the EXACT same thing. How do I know? I purchased this product while I was satisfied with Nivea sunkissed fiming lotion. One week i Used the Faux tanner, the next week I used the other. One week I even combined the two. Very close guys. One claims it "firms" the skin. One is a lot cheaper. Hmmmmm... Not a brain twister guys. Well I am here to review the product and review I shall. I really liked this product. It did give me a nice tan but not for the price. I am all for buy expensive products (this doesn't qualify expensive) if it does something no other product can or does it better. But I found something better. I liked the packaging. The bottle is very thick. No cheap drugstore Nivea ish. I like the nozzle too. It doesn't just pour a lot out like some self tanners do (aka VS). So I gave this product a 4.