October 25, 2014 | 1078 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Oil Slick Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Simple black shadow with chunky sparkles. I use this either to darken my exsiting look in my crease, or as a full on nighttime look. It is a great black, but sometimes it can look a little grey. Apllied with a heavier hand this is generally avoided. The sparkles are quite chunky, and although I like to go 'full on' for a night out, I don't like to have glitter all over my cheeks! it is a great black sparkly shadow, and it does its job. I know I sound like I didn't like this, but it was decent. The colour was rich black, and the sparkles were good if a little chunky. I will use up my shadow without hassle, but I don't think I will repurchase. I think I would prefer MAC's black shadows to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Planetmai03

Urban Decay is a hip brand with cool names and great products. I use oil slick mostly as a liner. The texture is smooth and with lots of pigment. There is a lot of sparkle or glitter to the color while it is in the container but once applied it doesn't shimmer too much. I don't mind shimmer used sparingly, it's fun. I work in an environment where makeup is not allowed, so when I'm off I definitely like to wear my luxury makeup brands. I can buy more of the specialty and high end products because they last such a long time by not wearing it on a daily basis. I have a collection of the lip glosses but not too many of the eyeshadows. Next time I'm in Sephora I will see what's new in the Urban Decay palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2006 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The version I have of this has multi-colored sparkles. I would not repurchase if it's just silver now. I love this eyeshadow. It's dark and edgy and fun. I'm very careful with the tin because one of my UD shadows rusted shut. I recently bought Adore ES and that's in a plastic case. I'm not sure if they got rid of the metal ones, but that would be a good idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 8:05:00 PM More reviews by bamf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My most favorite black shadow ever. Just enough sparkles. Gonna pair it with Too Faced Restraining Order liquid glitter liner.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2006 1:35:00 PM More reviews by mmariecrys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the older silver glitter shadow. I love black shadow on the likes of Pam Anderson, but I just canít apply this stuff at all. It is so hard to blend and no matter how many times I practice, I just end up looking like a raccoon-eyed fool. Iím so exasperated. Maybe Iím using the wrong brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2006 6:41:00 AM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This eyeshadow's OK, but far from the best black I've ever used. Not the sparkliest, not the blackest, not the most versatile, not anything in particular really.... just..... OK......... I've had three different versions of it over the years (first two in different face-cases, and the third one a present from a friend) and they've DEFINITELY changed the formula, the sparkles USED to be multicoloured (primarily green) but are now just silver - this is a shame, and also the black shadow itself is less intensly "black". So if you're picking one up second hand, take a good look and try to get the multi-sparkle one, it's a LOT prettier and better value.

For a really "black" intense black, I use Mac's "Carbon" - the formula's much better than this and the matte texture makes it more flexible. For a black with coloured sparkle, I use Nars Night Porter for emerald shimmer (a STUNNING shadow, Nars do other black "sparkle" colours in their range too, though I haven't tried them), and for a "somewhere in between" sparkly, all-purpose "everyday" black I use my Barry M Sparkle dust. I do love Urban Decay, and Oil Slick isn't bad (I'd gladly use it again if it showed up in another face case I liked, for example), but personally I'd give it a "Must Try Harder" rating ESPECIALLY for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2006 10:52:00 AM More reviews by mmmkfc

I think this shadow is great, but a bit pricey for your average black. I like how the sparkles in it don't feel grainy like with most others. Although, I'm sure I could find a similar one for a fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by yoLnicetomeetya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this eye shadow lasts forever. its great to use right on top of your upper lashes as a liner. its sparkly and very pretty. the compact it comes in is also nice looking. this eye shadow looks great as long as you keep it to a minimal amount. dont put this all over your eye lids.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by amby069

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a pretty color, but I think I like Mac's Black Tied better. Less sparkle fall out to deal with and it's a little cheaper. Overall, will keep mine, but wouldn't repurchase.

UPDATE: ULTA galaxy shadow is VERY similar and only 6.50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2006 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Think "Oil slick" is the coolest black e/s of all time. One of my must haves, I highly recommend this five star product. As always, Urban Decay shadows rule!