October 21, 2014 | 922 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

Sadly this did not last long in my collection. It was my first natural eye contour color from Mac, and I wanted it to work so bad. The reason it never did was that it's too orange-toned for my pale skin, therefore it makes my eyes appear unhealthy and irritated and it gives me an overall tired and sleepless look. Gave it to my best friend whose coloring is similar but it didn't seem to work on her either. I'm sure it would look great on slightly deeper skin tones (I'd say just up to NC/NW35 or else it won't show up), but I've now learnt to stay away from warm browns, either light, medium or dark. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Anne3

I'm just echoing the other glowing reviews for this shadow. It's wonderful as a crease color for a daytime, work-appropriate smokey eye. I find it a little hard to work with because it's matte, but this could be equally attributed to my lousy blending skills. In any case, this is a lovely color for N20 people.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lulu05

I am so glad I finally decided to purchase this color! It is a serious must-have! I use it for blending out colors/harsh lines. I wasn't sure if this would even show up on me since I am an NC40/42 but it shows up just fine on me!

This color works for blending out any color eyeshadows: brown, black, purple, etc so you will definitely get a lot of use out of it! I really didn't think this color would make a huge difference with my eyeshadow but it really has, my eyeshadow looks soo much better now that I use this for blending!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

This has to be one of my top ten Mac shadows :) I love it I find myself using it every day to blend away harsh lines and make a smooth trasition to my hilight color ;) I am NC 30 but I've used this on my NC 20 and lighter clients and it looks great it has some warmth to this color ( it looks way diff than what it is in the pan ) looks pretty boring in the pan but when u wear it it's awesome , I will say that if u have kid eyeshadow u don't need to buy this I find that this shadow and bamboo mixed make it look like kid ( on my skin ) kid doesn't have as much warmth as this shadow a must for every neutral pallet ;)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by samp21789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A Must-have eye shadow. Excellent for the crease whether it be for slight crease definition or to soften a deep smoky look. Can be used it almost any look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I ADORE this shadow! It's such a lovely warm peachy brown that has many uses. I'm N25 for reference and neutral, slightly warm skin tone. I use this in my everyday look in the crease and with more smokey looks on my lids. I do not think this would suit very many cool toned ladies because, when on is a very warm slightly orangey brown. I love how warm this shadow is, it really gives me a bright and clean look. I didn't think this would look good on me since it was so very warm but I'm so glad I bought this, I use it all the time. This shadow is also very smooth and blends very easily. It's a must have! I will always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My Holy Grail crease color. Smooth texture, easy to blend, great color payoff. Looks boring but trust me, everyone needs a go-to crease color! And your crease should not be over-powering your basic everyday look.

I have yellow undertones with monolids (NC25-NC30). I don't have a visible crease and the skin around my lid is naturally slightly pink.
I've tried Cork and copperplate for crease colors but nothing compares to the results i get with Soft Brown.

It's appears to be a peachy brown and when I apply it, it gives me some depth without looking like a cut crease but visible enough so that I look like I have a crease.

A friend (she's a monolid and paler than me) really liked it on me and we both went to Mac to get one for her. however it didn't work on her. She's NW20 with pink undertones. It make her look like she had a swollen eye. She ended up with Wedge to get the similiar effect.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by princess101

I don't know why I've never tried this before, despite numerous positive reviews and recommendations----really wish I hadn't wasted so much trying to a perfect crease colour. Anyway, in the pan this colour looks like basic peachy brown, but on my eyes it is completely different. My eyes are quite flat, with little depth and a lot of space between my crease and brow bone. I love to use this to create the illusion of a larger crease when wearing neutral tones or as a transition colour when wearing a smokey eye. As with all e/s I use a primer (UDPP) before applying and it lasts all day.

I have tried using Wedge as well as Omega as a crease colour, but they were far too cool for my eye. If you're NC20 or fair, perhaps try Soft Brown as an alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by apk2

Best blending colour in the world. I bought this cause I love the similar colour from my 88 coastal scents palette and feel so heartbroken everytime i use that palette cause it's so pretty to look at all the colours. I feel like i should use that palette as sparingly as possible... So i bought this and I love it! i use it to blend out embark and then bamboo on top it of it to blend to my highlight/browbone. It's so nice! The MA at MAC tried to talk me out of buying it for some reason and kept on suggesting other "nicer" colours. But i insisted on this one and i'm so glad i did cause it's so useful! It's also great as a bronzer/blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Love it as a crease colour, blending colour or even a brow colour in my more reddish days. it's a real soft brown with a tad of orange. I really like this!