MAC Matte - Soft Brown

4.5

on 1/2/2011 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my staple crease color. I lay this down first to add definition to my crease. I love the pigmentation, and it's so easy to blend.

on 12/5/2010 7:27:00 PM

I nearly returned this shadow because it was so dry/matte (crumbling a bit when I opened it) and it looked very meh.

I'm so glad I kept it. It's the perfect crease/blending color for my skin tone and eye shadow palette. Works with smokey eyes, light neutral eyes. It's the little shadow that could!

on 11/28/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

At first I didn't know what to do with this shadow. It just seemed SO matte that it looked heavy on my lids. However, I discovered that it's an awesome crease colour with shimmery gold shadow on the lid. Really makes my green eyes POP and tones down the shimmery lid colour. I like this with Gold Mode pigment and Stila Sun or Oasis e/s especially.

on 11/17/2010 7:30:00 PM

I've been using Wedge in my crease and thought Soft Brown would be nice as well. Unfortunately it's too orange for my skintone...I will try to use it as a transition color when I do smokey eyes and see if that works any better.

on 11/15/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sadly this did not last long in my collection. It was my first natural eye contour color from Mac, and I wanted it to work so bad. The reason it never did was that it's too orange-toned for my pale skin, therefore it makes my eyes appear unhealthy and irritated and it gives me an overall tired and sleepless look. Gave it to my best friend whose coloring is similar but it didn't seem to work on her either. I'm sure it would look great on slightly deeper skin tones (I'd say just up to NC/NW35 or else it won't show up), but I've now learnt to stay away from warm browns, either light, medium or dark. Won't repurchase.

on 10/28/2010 6:57:00 PM

I'm just echoing the other glowing reviews for this shadow. It's wonderful as a crease color for a daytime, work-appropriate smokey eye. I find it a little hard to work with because it's matte, but this could be equally attributed to my lousy blending skills. In any case, this is a lovely color for N20 people.

on 10/6/2010 1:49:00 PM

I am so glad I finally decided to purchase this color! It is a serious must-have! I use it for blending out colors/harsh lines. I wasn't sure if this would even show up on me since I am an NC40/42 but it shows up just fine on me!

This color works for blending out any color eyeshadows: brown, black, purple, etc so you will definitely get a lot of use out of it! I really didn't think this color would make a huge difference with my eyeshadow but it really has, my eyeshadow looks soo much better now that I use this for blending!

on 9/29/2010 9:37:00 PM

This has to be one of my top ten Mac shadows :) I love it I find myself using it every day to blend away harsh lines and make a smooth trasition to my hilight color ;) I am NC 30 but I've used this on my NC 20 and lighter clients and it looks great it has some warmth to this color ( it looks way diff than what it is in the pan ) looks pretty boring in the pan but when u wear it it's awesome , I will say that if u have kid eyeshadow u don't need to buy this I find that this shadow and bamboo mixed make it look like kid ( on my skin ) kid doesn't have as much warmth as this shadow a must for every neutral pallet ;)

on 8/24/2010 1:04:00 AM

A Must-have eye shadow. Excellent for the crease whether it be for slight crease definition or to soften a deep smoky look. Can be used it almost any look!

on 8/10/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I ADORE this shadow! It's such a lovely warm peachy brown that has many uses. I'm N25 for reference and neutral, slightly warm skin tone. I use this in my everyday look in the crease and with more smokey looks on my lids. I do not think this would suit very many cool toned ladies because, when on is a very warm slightly orangey brown. I love how warm this shadow is, it really gives me a bright and clean look. I didn't think this would look good on me since it was so very warm but I'm so glad I bought this, I use it all the time. This shadow is also very smooth and blends very easily. It's a must have! I will always repurchase!

Top Rated MAC Products