Clinique Chubby Stick (all shades)

Ingredients for all shades: castor seed oil [] caprylic/capric triglyceride [] vegetable oil [] candelilla wax [] beeswax\cera alba [] ozokerite [] shea butter [] hydrogenated vegetable oil [] jojoba seed oil [] tocopherol [] mango seed butter [] meadowfoam seed oil [] hydrogenated olive oil [] sunflower seed oil [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] mica [] yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] red 7 lake (ci 15850) [] red 22 lake (ci 45380) [] red 30 lake (ci 73360) [] carmine (ci 75470) [] red 6 (ci 15850) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] red 33 lake (ci 17200) [] red 28 lake (ci 45410) [] blue 1 lake (ci 42090) [] yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 12/11/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Every time I've visited my Clinique counter the past two years, an SA convinces me that these are exactly what I'm looking for: not too light but not too intense, moisturizing, easy to use. Well, I just finished my 3rd chubby stick (I've tried Bountiful Blush, Fuller Fig, and Chunkiest Chili) and I'm not impressed at all. Not worth the money. As others have said, the biggest complaint is that these are drying and leave my lips longing for a plumping balm -- which shouldn't be the case given their $17 price tag and the mango and shea butter they boast about containing.

I just tried Pur Minerals' stick from Ulta and it is MUCH more moisturizing. I'm liking it a lot better.

on 12/10/2013 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the "Mighty Mimosa" shade. It's a sheer pink color, that looks like you're not wearing a lip product but that you have naturally pretty pink lips. I saw some photos of other people wearing it, and it was more noticeable on them, but I have pigmented lips so I guess that's why it just looks like a MLBB shade on me. I really like the ingredients of this, I was impressed that they're pretty natural sounding and doesn't have all these preservatives, like no parabens. The packaging is very cute, too. I did feel that this was kind of pricey, because if you actually push it all the way up it's just this tiny amount of product, I was actually shocked by what a small sliver of product it looked like. I would have been happier if it was priced at like $12 or if they put more product into the tube. I want to try out other shades but will wait til I can get a GWP so that it feels more worth it.

It has a medium amount of moisture. If you aren't prone to dry lips, I think this alone would be fine on you. If you get dry lips, I think you'd have to wear some sort of lip balm underneath.

This is definitely worth a try if you dont like the upkeep of wearing lipstick (like having to be careful not to smudge it or noticeably wearing off) and are into a natural look with a hint of color. Also, I really like how this doesn't have glitter in it.

on 11/29/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is such a great product. Something between a lipstick and lip balm. I have dark lips and putting on lipstick during the day just looks too intense. The chubby stick gives lips just the perfect hint of colour. It moisturises the lips really well too and prevents chapping. The container is great. It's a fat stick but with a twister, like normal lipsticks. So no sharpening or other annoying problems. The only downside is that the colour or effect is not long lasting. So one would need to re-apply during the day. But with the convenient packaging, it's not to difficult at all.

on 11/18/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wasn't expecting much because I didn't want to get my hopes up on such an expensive product, but boy is it worth it. I don't like using lipsticks mainly because I think it looks like I'm trying too hard, but this is perfect. I am a diehard lip balm fan, and this is amazing. Color is subtle but there and looks beautiful, and moisturizes like a dream. Packaging is perfect for what it does, makes it impossible to lose. I wish it had more product for the price (17 at Sephora) but worth it.

on 11/18/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tried the Chubby Stick in Mega Melon, a warm pinkish shade and in Graped Up, which looks dark but when applied it comes out as a cool popsicle-like stain.
Pluses:
Packaging: Genius, extremely portable, does not require a sharpener, so no loss of product
Colors: Nice range of colors
Minuses:
Staying power is just not there. A faint hint of color is all I can achieve on my pigmented lips and it slips off in no time. Formula is also slightly greasy so even as a chapstick alternative it does not do it for me.
Overall: While I really love the Chubby Stick Intense line and I own several shades of Intense sticks, the regular Chubby Sticks don't do much for me. Not an awful product, but for $17 a piece I need to see some color payoff, therefore I will not repurchase the regular Chubby Sticks.

on 11/18/2013 7:51:00 AM

Revlon kissable balm stain is a thousand times better than this product!
This product has no staying power and is greasy! There is no color pay off whatsoever.
Get the Revlon and you'll see that for less money you can really have a better product.

Ive never liked Clinique, should have stuck to my gut,, now I have to waste time and gas to return this.. Fantastic :(

on 11/15/2013 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

not a huge fan!... aloette one is way better.
this dries my lips out so bad they hurt. colors are pretty, but there is better out there that do what they say and not dry my lips out

on 11/15/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I recently picked this up at Sephora.and got it in the colour Chunky Monkey. At first I was really impressed with the colour pay off and how moisturizing it felt on my hand. After trying it when I got home, it was a great disappointment. Despite already applying on a layer of the nivea lipbalm, gliding the chubby stick on my lips was still really dry and difficult.

Pros
Nice colour pay off
High gloss
Sheen

Cons
Drying on the lips

on 10/15/2013 5:06:00 AM

I have this in Chunky Cherry and I love the colour. Besides testing out lip glosses, this is probably my first coloured lip product I've used. I've almost hit empty on it and recently decided to venture off elsewhere. The colour is extremely pigmented and it doesn't feel like you have anything on your lips. It is a little bold for my taste which is why I want to test out other lipsticks. It's somewhat moisturizing and it doesn't dry out my lips which are prone to getting chapped. It doesn't enhance any dry patches I have and just a couple swipes does the job. However, I find that I do need to reapply this quite frequently. It only lasts a few hours before it fades. This product lasted me quite a long time, probably over a year and I use this everyday.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received the Voluptuous Violet chubby stick as part of a Clinique free gift and was a bit perturbed by the dark purple shade, but the colour is very sheer and turns my lips a soft grape-y sort of purple, like I was interrupted eating a grape lollypop. It goes on very nice and smooth and feels very hydrating, though it actually tended to leave my lips slightly drier than they were before I put it on. Your natural lip colour will definitely affect the shade it becomes. I liked it but probably would not buy another one or repurchase as I prefer more pigmented lip products.

Popular Lipsticks