October 21, 2014 | 965 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2005 6:49:00 AM More reviews by aik_an

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product work extremely well for me. I have very dry skin which can become very tight. This is very moisturising and would more likely be good for very dry skin. I partuclarley like the SPF and it's relatively cheap.

Lately my BF has been telling me how healthy my skin looks. I will definatley repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by happygirl1

I received a sample tube of this with my purchase of Q-tips. I pretty much just put it aside and didn't plan on using it at all. Well, about two weeks ago, I decided to give it a try for some unknown reason, and I am SO HAPPY that I did! My skin has seriously transformed! When I touch my face, it is so smooth and soft. I used to feel slight bumpiness on my skin when I put cream/lotion on, but not since using this lotion. It also rubs in so easily and smoothly, and isn't sticky like my Olay was. I have combination skin (oily T-zone, dry other), and this keeps my face comfortable all day. No oily T-zone and no dry patches on cheeks. I don't have acne, and I break out about once a month, if ya know what I mean, but this stuff has kept my face clear, clean, smooth, and radiant. I had been using Olay for years (with a quick detour to Neutrogena), but Dove tops my list right now and I hope it becomes my HG! However, I do wash my face with Neutrogena liquid soap, and it seems to be doing great with this lotion. I plan to purchase the night cream too. This product is slightly fragranced and also has a bit of a sunscreen smell, since it does contain SPF 15. I actually find the fragrance pleasant and clean. I think a full bottle of this retails for about $6-8, depending on where you buy it. I found the night cream at Ulta for about $6.50, and I plan to get it soon. Do not mistake this for the anti-aging night cream, because I almost did! Target didn't have the regular one.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by acquiescent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not a big fan of this stuff. I have yet to find a moisturizer with SPF that doesn't make my T-zone shiny. It moisturizes just fine, but makes my skin feel sticky after awhile, especially when I apply it to my neck. I probably won't buy this again. The quest for the perfect moisturizer continues...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2005 1:36:00 PM More reviews by JanizA

I bought this product after Paula whatever her name is recommended it because of the sunscreen. I think the only thing this product has going for it is the sunscreen. I used to have oily skin before I moved to Chicago (I live in humid weather before) so this would have been fine back then but not now. My challenge is to find a good product for the summer that is moisturizing but light and one for the winter that can really hydrate my skin. For my situation this lotion was light but it did nothing spectacular. I can't say I loved the product. It was BORING! My skin probably looks moisturized when I first put it one(it just may be the oil) but in the long run my skin never really felt like it was getting moisturized. I would put my make up on after and I still looked like I had dull dry skin. I say pass on this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by kateysun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer has a lot going for it. It's got vitamins, lots of yummy moisturizering ingredients as well as sunscreen. It definitely made my skin 'glowly' after I put it on. It did, however, feel 'heavy'. Although it absorbed into my skin my face still felt a bit moist and thick. My skin was more oily after I put this product on and it has a strong 'sunscreen' fragrance. None of these things are necessarilly 'bad' for my skin, but I prefer a 'lighter', less greasy feeling moisturizer. I would purchase this product again depending on the weather and if I want to splurge on a second moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 10:22:00 PM More reviews by redhairdreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the way this smells and it seems to work well for the dry patches. If i got it near my eyes it would burn (prob the sunscreen) and it just felt too greasy. Just didnt work for my face. ill be finishing the rest of the bottle on my legs lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by HeatherMarieLawrence

This lotion made my skin burn and turn red. About 4 hours after application, my face was very oily but still had the dry patches. I would not reccomend this to anyone with sensitive skin or anyone with any pimples.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2005 4:16:00 PM More reviews by 2pink

this is a nice moisturizer with nice ingredients----sodium PCA, sucrose (2 excellent water-binding agents), bisabolol, green tea extract (anti-irritants), as well as grape seed extract and retinyl palmitate (good antioxidants). also a lovely smell. and it's very cheap!!! I do despise the packaging, though. and....it's NOT PHOTO-STABLE. why is photo-stable bad?
If you use unstable sunscreen, you can be doing more harm than good.:
if you liked this and would still like it for night use, maybe try the sensitive essentials lotion instead. i find the ingredients even better. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by mechante_mel

This is a great drugstore find! It is the perfect, simple moisturizer for people with slighty dry/normal or even combination skin. Since i is so cheap, I always carry it around and dont hesitate to use it as and hand cream or body sunscreen! Very versatile and nice texture! I will try more product from this line because I was so impressed by this!

update: Now that we are in the niddle of Montreal's winter, this is not enough anymore. I switched to Calrins moisture quenching and my skin thanks me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2005 7:12:00 AM More reviews by tante_v

I like this moisturizer and keep going back to it after trying something new because it's mild and doesn't cause me to break out. It's very lightly scented, so lightly that I hardly notice it. It absorbs ok for me except in oil areas like my nose. I wouldn't recommend this for someone with oily skin.

My only problem with it is that I don't think it's doing anything remarkable for my skin. It's not doing anything bad, either, but it's not giving me that WOW factor. So for that reason, it's not a HG for me, but I'll keep it on hand while I continue searching for a miracle product.