Philosophy Hope in a Bottle

3.3

on 7/16/2007 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i've tried more effective products like clarins or moisture surge by clinique. i used for 1 month and no difference. i am in my mid 30s and need more effective products.

on 7/13/2007 8:05:00 PM

I started using the Makeup Optional Kit for Congested Skin, and my skin is looking soooooooooo much better!

After using Purity Made Simple (greatly recommend this cleanser) and When Hope is not Enough, I use Hope in a Bottle. I love it! My skin feels soft and not a pimple in sight, by the way! The only gripe I have is that it is not moisturizing enough for my skin. But then again, if it were more moisturizing, perhaps the consistency would be too slippy. So I'll stick with the way it is! Also, I add SPF moisturizer over this, so I guess I don't need more moisture. lol

I didn't notice any weird scent. And if there were one, it faded quickly.

on 7/1/2007 1:25:00 AM

This is making my foundation go on so well.. and giving me my dewy youthful look again (that Retin-a) has taken away and replaced with dry patches. My skin feels so good after I use this. I've used it now for about a week, no breakouts yet.. but I will update. I have combo skin that it sensitive and acne prone. It is kinda expensive for what you get, but I will GLADLY pay for anything that makes me look this good.

on 6/11/2007 2:34:00 AM

I like the smell actually, it brings back some memories. This product helps clear some acne, but makes my face red where the acne is when I apply it.

on 5/8/2007 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Hope in a Bottle is the first salicylic acid treatment that also appropriately moisturized my acne-prone skin. It also helped keep me clear of consistent breakouts. I really like this product and NEVER NOTICED a bad smell as stated in some of the reviews. I am normally sensitive to smell so I am surprised that has been a criticism. Murad smells but this does not. Used in conjunction with Purity Made Simple, the Oxygen Peel, and When Hope is not Enough Serum, it is a great routine. Being fickle I switched around my routine and my skin is no longer at its best. I will likely switch back to Philosophy because that was when my skin was at its best.

on 4/16/2007 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This seemed to work fine as a moisturizer on my combo skin (not greasy, absorbed quickly), however the smell was so bad that I will NEVER use it again. I can't describe the scent other than to say it was horrible. I'm used to some Philosophy products having a somewhat unpleasant, medicinal smell, but this was WAY beyond unpleasant. To be fair, the smell did not linger beyond the time it took to absorb into my skin, but I just could not stand to try it again.

on 4/5/2007 12:23:00 PM

I don't use this as a moisturizer, I use it as a treatment for my enlarged pores and mild breakouts. The 2% SA seems to help my skin a great deal -- much better than glycolic acid does. My pores appear less "conjested" and the tiny little bumps all over my forehead are going away. I use it in the morning under my mineral makeup and it seems to help keep my makeup fresh longer than without it. I am very happy with this product -- however I'm a bit curious as to how well Paula's Choice SA products work in comparison.

on 3/26/2007 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I felt alot of hope when I read the small print on the front of this bottle - I saw my skin described to a "T". Alas, hope was not enough!! This lotion may help very young skin but doesn't do anything for 40+ skin.

on 3/24/2007 11:13:00 PM

My pores were the size of Texas. It was really bad. In about a week, everything looked a ton better. Pores are smaller, skin smoother, and zits have cleared up. This stuff is the bomb. And now I can just use it to spot treat so the stuff goes a lot further than I originally thought.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is a nice moisturizer. i never thought with my crazy skin that just 'lil bitty 2% SA acid moisturizer would clear my skin up, but it's definitely helped. i love how they call it "for congested skin", it somehow makes it feel extra good going on. my face is very smooth and soft, and though i don't like the immediate texture it takes on my face, it's still very effective and comfortable. <3 kADY

Popular Moisturizers