LUSH Trichomania bar

3.4

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Creamed Coconut (Cocos nucifera), Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Cocamide DEA, Soya Lecithin, Perfume, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides)

on 8/29/2009 9:26:00 PM

I love, love, love this product. It is my favorite solid shampoo from Lush. Smells so yummy and conditions my waves so well. I find that with this shampoo if I am in a hurry I do not have to condition.

on 8/29/2009 1:52:00 PM

Trichomania is a lovely, creamy, coconut and vetivert scented shampoo bar. It is good at removing the grease from hair, and leaves it soft -- but don't forget to condition afterwards! I am using it less often these days, because I am attempting the conditioner-only (curly girl) method, but this is a good standby soap for clarifying, as it contains SLS.

on 8/23/2009 12:37:00 PM

I find the trick to this product is to take a piece, throw it in an old water bottle, and fill the bottle with water, and shake. This lathers up the piece you use, and you pour what's in the bottle directly on your hair. This way, you use much less of the bar than you intended, and there's no crumbling everywhere. I'm still using my sample size from the box I got.

No stripping of my henna, doesn't dry out the hair, and I only use conditioner after if I want to. I also like to put conditioner on dry hair, leave it for a while, and then use the Trichomania over wet hair to rinse the scalp and the conditioned length. Works like a charm!

on 8/10/2009 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Don't use this or any other LUSH product on pets. It is not safe for pets. If you want to use safe shampoo bars on your pets, check out Chagrin Valley Soaps website.
Trichomania makes my long, fine, straight hair soft & frizz free. The scent doesn't last all day, but smells fantastic while lathering. I found this to lather really well. Would be great paired with Coolhaulin LUSH conditioner, which also smells of coconut. I paired with Jungle & the strong scent of Jungle overpowered the Trichomania. When I run out of my current LUSH shampoo stash, I am going to try the Trich with Coolhaulin combo. It must be stored away from constant water spray or it will melt fast. It does melt faster than the shampoo pucks, but still lasts a long time. Once it gets down to a sliver, it starts to break apart & can get annoying trying to salvage the small broken pieces, but those small pieces still lather.
You can get whatever size you want at the store, they will cut for you.
Update: 12-6-10:
I have stopped using Lush haircare. It was too drying for my scalp. I do love the idea of solid shampoo & conditioners though & the scents are so amazing. The hair products do have SLS which I've learned can be drying to the scalp. I've been using the Rainforest line from The Body Shop since late summer & liking it so far.

on 8/9/2009 7:22:00 PM

So sad. I loved the smell of this shampoo in store. But it's very difficult to lather, and I have to use so much of it to wash my very thick, wavy hair. I understand this is more of a gentle shampoo, ideally used for fine hair that doesn't require such deep cleaning so often. (Psst... I hear it's also used for pets.) Not for me.

on 8/7/2009 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this shampoo...since I am a curly haired lass, I do still use Bb Curl Conscious as my everyday shampoo but, I love trichomania as a weekend product. I adore the smell, like coconut cream pie (I think I Should CoCo should smell like this), and the lather is just right...keeps my hair soft and bouncy I will keep this product in the rotation for sure.

This came with Lush's box of sample hair care products when they had that promotion and I HATE it. It doesn't really lather even when I tried rubbing the shampoo directly to my hair or rubbing it between my hands first. So annoying and I think I lost twice as much hair in the shower than usual. Would not use or buy it again. The only upside, it smells so good.

Okay, For the record I love the smell, lather & how it makes my hair feel. My scalp HATES it! W/in an hour of using it I had to rewash w/Hybrid. It sucks cause I really wanted to use this as my every other day shampoo. I have dry hair that's fine & a sensitive scalp.

on 6/5/2009 1:44:00 PM

I got this bar as a sample size and when I first used it, it was amazing! I felt like I gained a lot of volume on my hair and it was bouncy and full. I love the smell but the bar itself crumbles easily and because I have color treated hair it kind of lightened/stripped my hair color so that is why I took two lippies off.
Other than that this is a great shampoo for volume and lathers up really well.

on 5/17/2009 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a LUSH devotee, and the Trichomania shampoo bar is no exception. My hair is very damaged and thick, the bar does a pretty good job at lathering and my hair feels nice and clean after use. I've cut down from using this every morning, to only three times a week now because It's pretty heavy and a deposit builds up with very frequent use. I will probably buy this again though as it leaves my hair soft and smooth when used sparingly. Gotta love that gorgeous coconut scent!

Top Rated LUSH Products