July 31, 2014 | 1871 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Trichomania bar

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by channingtatum

This came with Lush's box of sample hair care products when they had that promotion and I HATE it. It doesn't really lather even when I tried rubbing the shampoo directly to my hair or rubbing it between my hands first. So annoying and I think I lost twice as much hair in the shower than usual. Would not use or buy it again. The only upside, it smells so good.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by MakeupGirly35

Okay, For the record I love the smell, lather & how it makes my hair feel. My scalp HATES it! W/in an hour of using it I had to rewash w/Hybrid. It sucks cause I really wanted to use this as my every other day shampoo. I have dry hair that's fine & a sensitive scalp.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kaisze

I got this bar as a sample size and when I first used it, it was amazing! I felt like I gained a lot of volume on my hair and it was bouncy and full. I love the smell but the bar itself crumbles easily and because I have color treated hair it kind of lightened/stripped my hair color so that is why I took two lippies off.
Other than that this is a great shampoo for volume and lathers up really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Belle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm a LUSH devotee, and the Trichomania shampoo bar is no exception. My hair is very damaged and thick, the bar does a pretty good job at lathering and my hair feels nice and clean after use. I've cut down from using this every morning, to only three times a week now because It's pretty heavy and a deposit builds up with very frequent use. I will probably buy this again though as it leaves my hair soft and smooth when used sparingly. Gotta love that gorgeous coconut scent!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by TheRedDeluge

I have dry damaged hair. It does not moisturize my hair very much at all. When I rinse it out I feel like I am washing away all moisture.

I love the smell though and am going to use it as a body wash or use it occassionally with a deep conditioner.

I actually have started to get dandruff from it as well. But it smells so nice. I wish it worked for that reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by simplyviki

I like the regular shampoo bars from LUSH. They lather well, and smell nice. I didn't like this one because it has a weird texture... the suds feel gritty as you lather it in your hands. I don't like the fact that it doesn't come in the nice little puck shaped bars, either... because they have to cut it, and it's pretty brittle, it seems to get pretty crumbly when you take it home, and it's annoying to try and save crumbled off bits of solid shampoo. It does lather pretty well though, but not quite as well as the normal bars, in my opinion (but actually, I could be mistaken - I've had the normal bars in my shampoo rotation since before they switched away from SLS, so it could just be the new formula). It smells nice and coconut-y, so if you're into coconut (it's growing on me since using coconut oil on my hair religiously), it's a nice scent. I won't be buying this though, because of the texture issue, but all in all, it's not really that bad. I'd recommend buying a small amount of it at first though - I don't recommend asking for a sample of it, because it crumbles up too easily to tell how it works if you get a tiny sliver of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by orange25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having very curly hair I am always looking for a good moisturizing shampoo. As far as this one goes it does lather and cleanse well. The smell is awesome but I found that for me it started to stip my hair color (I color it jet black). I would use it if I wasn't coloring my hair for a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 6:17:00 AM More reviews by shalinir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first solid shampoo that I have ever used. I love Lush's cleansers( Fresh Farmacy, Coalface) but I absolutely HATE Trichomania! Make that detest! My hair is very thick, somewhat straight and dry but my scalp gets oily if I don't shampoo every other day. After using it my hair became super dry, dull , felt like straw and increased my hair fall!! It didn't even lather enough for me. I had to keep on rubbing the bar which is pretty frustrating. I am highly disappointed since they don't come cheap. But I liked the smell. Sort of cocoa butter and coconut cream mix. Very subtle but noticeable. So 1 lippie for that. The bar itself is slippery to the touch and tiny bits can break off unlike the other bar shampoos from Lush.

I definitely do not recommend this, specially to those who have similar type of hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this one. It smells so wondefully of coconut...reminds me of suntan oil and laying on the beach. It lathers up really nice and creamy. The coconut in this is great for dry hair...as coconut is a natural humectant and helps to hold moisture in the hair. Great for naturally curly hair.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very dry bar and it's heavy and medium sized (I tried to cut mine in half so I could handle it with wet hands in the shower and the darned thing crumbled considerably). Anyway, I had high expectations from the reviews and raves but it more than stripped my fine, usually untangle-able straight hair into a matted mess that I couldn't get a wide toothed comb through from midway down and it's kind of on the longish side. I couldn't take it so I went back into the shower, reached for my Suave (which also sucks but is .98) and a somewhat decent conditioner and it saved my hair. I threw that bar into the garbage before I even finished drying myself. That was and will be the last time I order anything from LUSH.