October 21, 2014 | 2018 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Honey I Washed the Kids soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Honey I Washed the Kids is yet another one of those "meh" LUSH products for me. It's ok but I don't think it's one of those bath products that is even close to approaching amazing or HG status.

When I got it, I unwrapped with the glee of a child on Christmas morning. I sniffed it and marveled at the little honeycomb sitting on top. As soon as I set it down, the honeycomb fell off. Oh well...probably didn't need that anyway so I stuck the honeycomb on top and off to the shower I went. While in the shower, I did my best to get that pesky little honeycomb to stick to the bar while working up a nice lather. On the plus side, Honey does lather well but I'm not all that crazy about the smell (minority opinion, I know). For me, Honey smells a bit fake and odd. I don't really detect honey, just fakeish caramel and maybe hints of fake chocolate.

In spite of the fakeish smell, I've continued to use Honey because, well, I paid for it and I might as well use it, right? It is fairly long-lasting (which isn't a trait that most LUSH products I have tried have) and lathers well but that's basically where the pros end for me.

Would I repurchase this again? Probably not. While it's certainly not the worst bath/shower product I have tried, I really can't justify paying $8 (plus shipping) for a bar of soap that doesn't do anything a bar of Ivory or Dial would do...honeycomb or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by H3LL00

I LUv dis soap;] not THAT expensive, and leaves my feeling squeaky clean ;] Smells like toffee, caramel, and just pure yumminess;) buy;]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:30:00 AM More reviews by MissPeony

Pros:
-very moisturzing!
-lovely subtle scent

Cons:
-top part falls off
-doesn't lather very well

Overall, I would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My second favourite Lush soap after rockstar. Smells like ... honey! the kind of scent that just makes you smile

Cleans well, lathers well. The only soap I have a problem with is Godmother - too mild and does not clean my oily back and chest well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

Amazing stuff. I use it on my toddler and it really helps keep her skin soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

This smells soooooo soo so good ... I'm so tempted to lick the soap bar whenever I use it in the shower hahaha :P But honestly, that's pretty much the only thing I like about it. It leaves me feeling squeaky clean which isn't a bad thing but I rather use something that will lavish my skin and makes me feel soft and moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by reytsh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first use, I was ready to get disappointed, I thought that it smelled subtle. But overtime, I was able to identify the caramel, toffee, and sugarry something that people were talking about.

I love that it leaves as sweet scent in my bathroom. This is very expensive but you already know this before you buy lush.

The biggest gripe I can think of with this is that it's drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Easytigerrr

Love this soap!! The smell makes me want to drool every time I use it! After having a not so pleasant experience with another LUSH soap, I thought I would give it one more chance. So glad I did! The honey in this bar is so soothing, and it leaves my skin feeling so moisturized. I feel like I don't even need moisturizer afterwards! If you keep it on a soap dish out of the shower between uses, it will last for a long time, so if the price is your issue I highly recommend that to get more bang for your buck!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Lush and want to absolutely love this particular soap because I think the fragrance is so delicious, but sadly it doesn't do it for my skin.This doesn't lather well and is not moisturizing for my skin, although it may be because I have very dry skin. Also, the smell doesn't linger on my skin as I would want it to, but that may be because I do have such dry skin, Overall, love the fragrance and will continue to buy it because I like to have pieces around just for the smell and it doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Neesacat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love. Sweet, warm and beautiful to look at. I would buy it again but I'm currently upgraded to the it's raining men shower gel if anyone likes the smell but find it difficult to lather like idid.love it, so pretty. My fav all year hard soap :)