MAC Refined Golden

4.1

on 4/28/2010 11:49:00 AM

This is a pretty good bronzer. It lasts forever and I think the colour works on most people. I have a very greenish-yellowish undertone to my skin (think of it as very very fair olive skin) and it just adds a really nice dimension to whichever blush I use. I am not a huge bronzer lover, so I think that influenced my rating of 3 stars.
The only caution I have is not to use it with too heavy of a hand, because of both the sparkles (not too noticeable but definitely there) and the fact that it is highly pigmented-it will look really dirty and dark, especially on lighter skin. I have used it on my sister, who has very fair skin with pink undertones, and it still looked really pretty (applied lightly).
The product is good, I just think, overall, matte bronzers look better.

on 4/26/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is really like the name implies, the golden brown shade. It makes me look washed out. Obviously I would need those orangey tones, I always look really flat and blah whan I wear this plus that the texture is sort of really dry so it never applies smoothly. I always have it on blotchy! Nah I dont like this bronzer at all. I have one other bronzer that is much better quality and goes on more smoothly than this (dermosil). I also like Guerlain bronzer MUCH better because it applies so smoothly. Really cool case though!

on 4/23/2010 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

WAYYYYY to orangey for my olive/light skin. Also, too much shimmer! It also gets smudgy/cakey after about 3 hours. I have oily skin. I have tried this and Harmony and several other bronzers and I always go back to my cheap Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sunlight. Matte, great finish, great taupey brown with NO orange and you can't beat the price!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was my first bronzer and I use it everyday as a blush...I bought it a few years ago now and its still going! so it is well worth the money! I love MAC packaging nice and compact with mirror. It looks natural worn as a blush and the gold glitter is not obvious glitter at all...just nice and suttle. I am looking at purchasing the Cubic blush for a more pinky touch but will continue to use this with it.

on 4/5/2010 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is was my first bronzer ever, and I still do like it as a little bit of a sun-kissed glow, I just prefer matte bronzers, glitters in my bronzer just make me look a little muddy, and to me this bronzer has a lot of gold glitters. I still use it here and there, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing. If you're a girl who doesn't mind glitters in her bronzer, then this is a good one.

on 4/4/2010 6:24:00 PM

Actually this is my first bronzer and i bought it last month and i wear it every single day with or without blush and i am crazy about it.It goes great with my skintone. Thankfully i didn't heard my friend's advice (she purchased it last yeat i think) and she hated it. But we found out that she didn't apply it properly...Anyway, i looove the effect on my cheeks and i intend to repurchase it!

on 3/25/2010 8:46:00 PM

I really like this bronzer. It gives me a very nice healthy glow. After I wear it I usually don't have to apply blush because it highlights and gives a nice color to my cheeks. It does have some shimmer but it is not very noticeable because I usually detest things with shimmer because they make some acne scars I have on the sides of my cheeks very obvious. This is not my HG but for the mean time it will do.

on 3/24/2010 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love.... This is such an amazing bronzer. Gives a beautiful glow to the face. It looks really shimmery, but none of it actually goes on my face. I am an NC30 i use alight hand with this bronzer. I would definitely repurchase.

on 3/12/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I an a MAC NC 42..I bought this when it came out with Style warriors... I'm a sucker for animal print so it had to be mine.. It works very very well as a bronzer (the best I've tried so far) but I am not too fond of the golden sparkles. Some people use bronzers as a contour as well but I prefer a matte contour so would not recommend this one for that job. I will not repurchase as I doubt I'll ever run out of this one. But for now my search for a bronzer is finally at a standstill!

on 2/27/2010 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have this bronzer in style warriors packagin, which i love..this suits my skin tone well, which is NC40 on SFF, and it shows up well, the only drawback for me, is that it does have shimmers, which will transfer to your cheeks, and so I use this bronzer only to contour and that too only at night, coz I find it too shimmery for daytime...If you are look out for matte bronzers, then this bronzer is not for you.

Top Rated MAC Products