April 17, 2014 | 883 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - silver powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! It's a bit messy (fallout), somewhat difficult to figure out how to use, but once you get the hang of it it's quite effective.

Surprisingly, it helped to clear up my acne. And I used it at least 3 times a week, because I was really battling blackheads. I find it helps if I scrub my face lightly as I'm removing the powder after I've left it on my face for the allotted 10 minutes, and this helps the product to "pull" the blackheads out gently....I'm not an expert, but that's been my experience.

It softens my skin and tightens my pores a bit with regular use, but this is certainly not something you want to use alone. You need a good toner and a great moisturizer with it or it can dry your skin out (even mine, and mine is quite oily!).

It lasts a good while, which is a plus. It feels so good on my face once I apply it - it's smooth and cold (from the water required for application). But between the 5-10 minute mark, it begins to flake off my face and make a mess, which is slightly annoying. I've learned to just keep my face still for those 10 minutes and minimize the fallout. If you talk or move your face too much, you'll get white powder all over the place. It's so annoying.

Don't expect this product to clear up your blackheads without the assistance of a scrub and a good AHA product. I love to use Mario Badescu's Alpha-Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion to remove the Silver Powder, and then I use Mario Badescu's AHA & Ceramide Moisturizer after. Using these products together did wonders for my acne, but I imagine anyone with normal/oily skin could use it. Would not recommend to people with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by amaiaisabella

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Man, do I love this stuff. I had a heck of a time getting it off when I used it as a mask, though. No matter how much toner I used, I still had a white film on my face. I find much better results using this as a spot treatment. I get a lot of clogged pores since I have oily but sensitve skin, and this clears them up without leaving me red and irritated. I either spot treat overnight or for half an hour during the day, wet a washcloth, and leave that over my face for a bit before wiping away. Pimples, if I have some, are reduced and no longer red, and clogged pores look clearer. A+.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by lunadestella

I discovered Mario Badescu's silver powder earlier this year through one of HauteLook's private sales. I think it was $7 then? Not sure but it was cheaper than retail. Anyway, all I knew at the time was this powder was suppose to help with blackheads. I've had blackheads on my nose ever since middle school. I've tried practically everything I could to get rid of them but nothing worked. They'd either come back or worsen with treatment. So it was worth a shot to try the silver powder. I'm so glad I did! The blackheads on my nose began to shrink by the third time I used this. Mario Badescu's Silver Powder is messing but hey that's what makes doing a mask fun! I call it my "Geisha Mask" :). I'm definitely sold and will be a lifelong user. Thanks Mario Badescu!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by BallerinaBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product a few times but it didn't do jack for me. I'm not sure why, it just kept crackling and crackling on to my clothes and when i washed it off it had no absolutely effect unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by designgirl73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is really great. Really works at removing gunk clogging pores. I've used it a few times and have seen a difference. I'm hoping with continued use things will get even better! Be sure to follow instructions and remove with toner/astringent. I was using water and a wash cloth and didn't get the great results that I did when I followed the directions. (go figure!)

Mario products are amazing and the price is unbelievable! If you fill out a questionaire online you'll get a customized routine sent to you, including samples.

The only negative about this product for me is applying with a cotton ball. It's a bit cumbersome, but nothing too annoying. A little goes a long way so the canister should last atleast 6 months if not longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by goguenm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the silver powder from a local store in Halifax (Mills) and I am glad that I did. I absolutely love this product! I used it the other night and left it on for 20 mins (I have very oily skin) and instantly after I wiped it off with the MB Cucumber Lotion my skin looked smooth and poreless! The blackheads that I did have the powder really opened up so all I did was put a Boire strip on them and it took them out easily. I've never had the strips remove my blackheads so easily. This powder is amazing. I've only been using the MB products for a few days now but I can already see and feel a dramatic difference in my skin. It now looks more radiant, smooth and even looking. I spent $200 on all of the products I purchased and it was well worth it! I am definitely going to continue to purchase MB products and am going to recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ooshimmeroo1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thanks to all the people that recommended using this product with Biore pore strips. It was amazing how much gunk I was able to remove from my nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by love_and_butterflies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only used this twice and I've already noticed a difference! The pores on my cheeks look smaller and the pores on my nose look smaller & a lot cleaner. Yay!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by hannahhenrie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this just around my nose, where most of my clogged pores are. I mixed it with water, put it on my face, waited for it dry, took it off with warm water, and tried extracting the blackheads. This stuff made it EXTREMELY difficult and painful to remove them and dried my skin out considerably, in a bad way.
Also, the container this stuff comes in is not suited to what it holds. It's a little plastic jar that holds this while powder (not silver) that has a habit of getting anywhere and everywhere. It's very difficult to get the right amount of product you want without spilling it everywhere.
But over all that, my biggest problem with this stuff is while the mask is on your face, as it's drying, little specks of the mask start to fall off your face with every move you make. Talk, and a avalanche of the stuff falls off onto your favorite black sweater. It gets everywhere; your eyes, mouth, nose and is a pain to clean up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by falling_stars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmmm...I think I like this product. It's a good treatment product for my oily skin - it tends to leave my pores looking tighter and skin clearer. I don't have too many blackheads but my pores tend to get clogged particularly in my T-zone and around my lips from applying lipgloss/balm etc. I use this once or twice a week - 1/4 of a teaspoon in my palm with a few drops of water to make a paste - apply to my T-zone and congested areas for 10 minutes - tone off with glycolic toner and wash with glycolic wash - usually in the mornings if I have time before work. My skin definitely looks cleaner and it gets the gunk out and shrinks my pores. I probably don't need to use this because my skin is generally not too bad but I think the results that it gives makes using it once or twice a week worthwhile. Packaging is okay but it is way too easy to spill and can be messy if you're not careful. Price is good for a treatment product that will last me ages. Not sure if I'll repurchase - I'm hoping my current jar will last me until I no longer have clogged pores to deal with!! However it definitely does what it claims to and if you have problems with blackheads give it a go - I'm just not sure my skin has enough blackheads to see the superstar results this product claims to give! Good for tightening pores and a nice product for 'freshening up' oily skin.