December 21, 2014 | 1754 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Professionals Humectant Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by fierydrunk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far so good. I haven't used drugstore products on my hair in years, but I am truly trying to save money where I can and thought it was worth a try to give this a shot rather than automatically go drop $20+ on more Bumble & Bumble stuff.

I have thick, salt & pepper (so it is somewhat coarse), curly hair (b/t 3A & 3B) that can only be washed once a week or is frizzes out but needs regular conditioning and typically, thick ones need only apply!

Compared to what I normally use (Bumble & Bumble Super Rich), this isn't comparable: It is thinner and the smell is more perfume-y. However, though I have to use a little bit more of the Suave, it works almost as well as the B&B, esp. when I am just throwing some on there for a quick conditioning after not washing.

I think it is still very important that I continue to use my B&B curl creme and some sort of decent mousse to style when wet, but as far as continuing to buy this conditioner, until it gives me a reason not to be, consider me SOLD!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It dried my hair out and it was too thin of a formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have troublesome hair (coarse, thick, home colored, tendency to be dry) and so I look for products that hold moisture, don't fade my color too terribly, and reduce frizz. I'm also pretty frugal so I try to find things that are not horribly expensive, although I've used everything from salon products down to drugstore. I've tried most of the Suave Professionals line, and I am a fan of the Damage Care (in the blue bottles). I had high hopes for the Humectant line. So far it is pretty decent. The shampoo is alright, but it isn't moisturizing at all. My hair feels somewhat stripped after use. Still, I've gone through entire bottle and my hair isn't horribly fried. If your hair is very dry or if you do a lot of heat styling or anything, this shampoo will more than likely be too drying for you. The conditioner is okay, and smells great. It leaves my hair feeling pretty hydrated and definitely makes up for the shampoo. It seems to be fairly hydrating, especially if your hair can tolerate the 'cones. I will probably repurchase simply because it does work alright and it is so darn cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by EllePixie

I'm only giving this 4 lippies because I haven't styled my hair after using it yet--but wow!! I have tried SO many expensive conditioners that don't do the job--Bed Head, MOP, Redken, etc. All of these cost anywhere from $15-$35. The Suave, however, is very comparable to Nexxus (which is also great), and the big bottle is $3! I have very thick, relaxed, ethnic hair is I used a lot, but who cares? I can always buy more! It was very easy for me to comb my hair in the shower and even after rinsing out the conditioner there were no tangles. If my hair doesn't get frizzy when it starts to dry, I'm def giving this one more lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by sabet

So far I really like this. I've used it for CO washing and as a rinse out with great results. Smells nicer than tropical coconut conditioner, because the smell is not as intense. Also Humectant is more moisturizing because it has some cones, but doesn't seem heavy, no build up on me yet. Cleans, conditions, detangles and gives body and nice shine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A decent and cheap conditioner. Nice scent. Moisturizes my hair well but not anything super special--I wouldn't recommend this for those with super dry/brittle/damaged hair. I continue to buy it because it is so inexpensive and I'm trying to cut corners. If I wasn't watching my money, I'd buy my favorite--Biolage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Suave Humectant conditioner is probably the most moisturizing conditioner I have ever used in my entire life. It's unbelievably wonderful and the price ($4 at my drug store) is shocking! It's supposed to be a dup for Nexxus Therappe. I have never tried Nexxus Therappe but this one defines my wavy hair in the most amazing way making it look almost curly! Most other conditioners make my hair just look very blah and my waves turn into sort of lifeless flat/wavy fluff. Not with this conditioner! I have eliminated the need for other leave-in conditioners I used to use to get the same result. This stuff is amazing! It's very thick and even when stored upside down it doesn't drip down so you have to shake it to get it out. Might be better with a pump. Has a coconut scent. I will keep buying this conditioner as long as it's being made and I hope to God that Suave never discontinues this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by nowornever56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I am on my second bottle :)

At first I used it as a regular, rinse out conditioner in the shower. It smelled great and made my hair soft. However, I have started using a different conditioner combo that I love and leaves my hair with a lot less tangles right out of the shower.

So I decided to try this as a leave-in conditioner, and this is where it really shines! Makes my hair very, very soft. Leaves it shiny and with a lot less frizz. It even makes me ends feel less crunchy/fried, they feel like real hair! It also leaves a nice scent in my hair, but nothing over powering.

Overall I would definitely recommend this as the worlds cheapest leave in conditioner, as well as a regular conditioner in the shower.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by rileycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this along with the matching shampoo. I like that it is inexpensive and it smells nice. After I rinse out the conditioner my hair feels quenched. But as the day goes on, I notice that my hair loses volume and starts to go flat. I've determined this conditioner is weighing my hair down, so I doubt I will be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by katiebell95014

This stuff is really nice. A super light conditioner that somehow gives a really deep conditioning. My hair is always super soft and shiny afterwards. Will definitely repurchase.